Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
How is everyone doing ?

Post your health goals for the month and share your progress! Last month's thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a slacker, sad to say. [emoji31]

Also slacking a little, need to get back out and exercise but it's SO hot at the moment that running outside seems like a bad plan. Almost tempted to get a gym membership for a month or two just so I can run somewhere with air conditioning.

For me, it's either too hot, too cold, too busy, too tired...

Hello, everybody!
I'm going to continue keeping the sugar intake at a reasonable level. I did OK for the most part last month, except for one sugar-crazed weekend of eating muffins and homemade vegan ice cream. I did, however, cut down on the candy that had been creeping back into my diet.

Exercise remains good, though I'm ditching weights for a while because I've strained a muscle in my arm somehow. I have no idea how I did it. Grrrr.

I've had three really great treadmill sessions this week. I finally feel back to normal exercise-wise. It took me a while after that bout with the flu in May. Going to try to hit six days of working out this week. I've only skipped Monday so far. :)

I am only doing yoga and other stretches for the arthritis. I really need to do the bike for cardio like @PTree15 is doing on the treadmill, way to go! We have a nice stationary bike that my husband uses, and for less oppressive weather, I have a bike, a 2 wheel beach cruiser type. Why do I dislike cardio?

:) Thanks, ledboots! I had another great session today. I climbed over 2,000 feet in 45 minutes. I was very pleased with that figure. I am going to walk outside tomorrow, though. It's supposed to be really nice out. Yoga is awesome, though. I wish I could get into it. I have such an awful time with flexibility. I just find it so frustrating every time I try it.

I am trying to come up with fun names for certain days of the week for different types of yoga. So far
Maybe Monday, maybe skip
Tushie Tuesday, for the butt
Waist deep Wednesday, for the abs
Throw back Thursday, back and butt
Full of it Friday, full body
Shake it up Saturday, cardio yoga or whatever
No sunday idea yet. Maybe snooze and that will be a rest unless I feel like working out. I know this is silly, but it will help keep things different.

Last edited:
I am trying to cut out soft drinks as I really crave cold, sweet drinks when it is hot weather. I bought a glass fridge jug and have filled it with water and lemon slices and I'm trying to have that instead.:)

I am trying to cut out soft drinks as I really crave cold, sweet drinks when it is hot weather. I bought a glass fridge jug and have filled it with water and lemon slices and I'm trying to have that instead.:)

I don't like plain water and find it doesn't quench my thirst. I either drink water with fruit flavoured & stevia sweetened enhancers. I also like to make a jug of fruit flavoured infusions that you buy at Sainsbug's and sweeten them with stevia.

My favourite drink is sugar free eldeflower cordial however, I can't find it over here.

^ I have tried that before.:) I might make some iced green tea too.

I just made some blueberry lemonade, even with a little bit of sugar it must be healthier than a soft drink.

2015-07-19%2012.10.25_zpsr2m82tjs.jpg

Reactions: shyvas
^ I have tried that before.:) I might make some iced green tea too.

I just made some blueberry lemonade, even with a little bit of sugar it must be healthier than a soft drink.

2015-07-19%2012.10.25_zpsr2m82tjs.jpg

That looks fabulous. I also love chilled lemonade.

This is the product that I buy - it is a water enhancer and it gives you just a hint of mango, peach and the right
amount of sweetness ( stevia) to get rid of that taste of water. It doesn't contain any artificial products or colours.

PC Peach Mango Liquid Water Enhancer | PC.ca

I have found the following water enhancer on amazon.co.uk. A few contain stevia.

Last edited:
That looks fabulous. I also love chilled lemonade.

This is the product that I buy - it is a water enhancer and it gives you just a hint of mango, peach and the right
amount of sweetness ( stevia) to get rid of that taste of water. It doesn't contain any artificial products or colours.

PC Peach Mango Liquid Water Enhancer | PC.ca

I have found the following water enhancer on amazon.co.uk. A few contain stevia.

Today I had to do the spin bike because all of the treadmills at the gym were occupied, which doesn't happen very often when I go. It was good, though. I also managed to do 15 minutes on the treadmill after the bike. :)

Doing a fly by just to say hello!

*hangs head in shame*

Reactions: ledboots
Status
Not open for further replies.