June Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather has been bad for walking so I missed a few days. That and a few bad nights of not sleeping well havecset me back a tad but... I will prevail!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Happy June! The month has gotten off to a good start exercise-wise. My pants feel slightly looser, too, though I still need to drop a few more pounds. I'm working on it. Today was a great morning for a walk. My work buddy and I got in a good 40 minutes outside. I'm still doing my planks, too, and am averaging about a minute and 30 seconds, which is fine by me. My back was starting to bother me a bit after the really long planks, so I've dialed it back a bit. My stamina is good with them, though, so I'm happy about that. :)

Reactions: Katrina
Today was my fifth day in a row of walking/working out. I feel like I'm back in the groove! Tomorrow I will be doing a bunch of walking around Boston because my sister and I are going to see Depeche Mode in concert. Woooooo-hooooo! I hope it's nice out, but I'll bring the rain gear just in case. ;)

Reactions: Katrina
I biked to the garden plot on Friday and pulled weeds for about 3 hours. Today I did the same thing except I gardened for just 1 hour. On Thursday, I did yoga. So my goal for now is to keep doing yoga at least 1x a week and to keep up the work on the garden. The gardening is easier since I'm not doing it to try and keep in shape. It just happens to be a good workout!

Reactions: PTree15
Haven’t walked in at least a week. Spending all my time at the hospital with my sister...she had the shunt placement surgery done on Tuesday. Now she’s recovering in a rehabilitation center. So driving back and forth and not really eating properly, despite my packing a bag with food and snacks. Hoping to pick up again tomorrow. I just need to get back into a more normal routine.

Haven’t walked in at least a week. Spending all my time at the hospital with my sister...she had the shunt placement surgery done on Tuesday. Now she’s recovering in a rehabilitation center. So driving back and forth and not really eating properly, despite my packing a bag with food and snacks. Hoping to pick up again tomorrow. I just need to get back into a more normal routine.
I'm sending lots of healing vibes for your sister and some for you, too. It has to be so stressful for you and your family. Major hugs to you.

This week is off to a good start. I walked at work with my work buddy yesterday and today. The weather was great both days. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, so we've already decided to do the rowing machine and then some weights. I want to do lunges, crunches and squats. I figure I'll get enough arm work from the rowing machine.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I ended up missing one day at the gym this week due to needing sleep (my own fault, lol). This morning I did the rowing machine, and my goal has been to do 5,000 meters in under 30 minutes. I finally cracked it today! The next goal will be to put the resistance all the way to the top. It goes up to 10, and I have been doing it at 8, which isn't bad. I want to continue shooting for 5,000 meters under 30 minutes for a bit before I change the resistance. I plan on walking this weekend, too. It's supposed to be really nice on Saturday.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Went biking three times (or was it four?) this week and went to a yoga class tonight. Also did 3+ hours of gardening.

Reactions: PTree15
I worked out only twice this week. It was my crazy week at work, so there was about just enough time to work, eat and sleep. :( Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, so I might do a video before I leave to visit family over the weekend.

I worked out only twice this week. It was my crazy week at work, so there was about just enough time to work, eat and sleep. :( Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, so I might do a video before I leave to visit family over the weekend.
I hate that. :(
This is my busy season, and unless I get more than four hours sleep, during normal sleep hours I might add, I’m too tired to do my morning walk, or I fall asleep at 4 a.m. and then by the time I get up I don’t have time to walk before work. Lunchtime can work but I’ve had a lot of sister errands to do as she’s still recovering and in rehab so my lunchtime is usually taken up with visits or home care phone calls, etc. Frustrating as far as taking care of myself goes but I’m going for a walk right now. Looks dreary but I’ve walked in the rain before, as long as it’s not pouring, which it isn’t.

This is my busy season, and unless I get more than four hours sleep, during normal sleep hours I might add, I’m too tired to do my morning walk, or I fall asleep at 4 a.m. and then by the time I get up I don’t have time to walk before work. Lunchtime can work but I’ve had a lot of sister errands to do as she’s still recovering and in rehab so my lunchtime is usually taken up with visits or home care phone calls, etc. Frustrating as far as taking care of myself goes but I’m going for a walk right now. Looks dreary but I’ve walked in the rain before, as long as it’s not pouring, which it isn’t.
Yeah, that's what happens with me as well. If I don't get enough sleep, I just don't have the energy to do more than work. It is indeed frustrating when you can't find enough time to take care of yourself. This modern world is a drag sometimes. :D I hope your sister is doing better.

This week has been much better. I've walked all week in the morning, and the weather has been great. This morning wasn't as nice, but at least it wasn't too humid and it wasn't raining. My workout buddy is off tomorrow and Friday, so I'll probably do my exercising at home. I might do a Leslie Sansone video tomorrow, as it's supposed to rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and KLS52

:hug:

I'm getting sick of the whole gluten free thing.:fp: I think I will have one slice of normal bread a day instead of buying GF bread as it is just not the same! One batch tastes okay and then the next tastes like cardboard.

I am going to try eating high protein for a month to see if that helps with my energy levels/general lack of motivation!

I'm about to have a chickpea salad for breakfast.o_O

I'm getting sick of the whole gluten free thing.:fp: I think I will have one slice of normal bread a day instead of buying GF bread as it is just not the same! One batch tastes okay and then the next tastes like cardboard.

I am going to try eating high protein for a month to see if that helps with my energy levels/general lack of motivation!

I'm about to have a chickpea salad for breakfast.o_O

Have you been tested for gluten intolerance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.