June Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting sick of the whole gluten free thing.:fp: I think I will have one slice of normal bread a day instead of buying GF bread as it is just not the same! One batch tastes okay and then the next tastes like cardboard.

I am going to try eating high protein for a month to see if that helps with my energy levels/general lack of motivation!

I'm about to have a chickpea salad for breakfast.o_O
I don’t know how anyone can do gluten free. :hug:

I used to think a vegan diet was hard. Vegan and gluten free seems almost impossible.

Can't even be bothered to make a salad, I'm just eating the roasted chickpeas.:rofl:

Have you been tested for gluten intolerance ?

No, but I'm pretty sure I am though as I have a lot of the symptoms. I haven't had a migraine since I stopped eating it. It didn't even occur to me that gluten was a trigger.

Can't even be bothered to make a salad, I'm just eating the roasted chickpeas.:rofl:

No, but I'm pretty sure I am though as I have a lot of the symptoms. I haven't had a migraine since I stopped eating it. It didn't even occur to me that gluten was a trigger.

Neither did I.

I don’t know how anyone can do gluten free. :hug:

I used to think a vegan diet was hard. Vegan and gluten free seems almost impossible.
I know the girl Alice in the dancing class at the liceum where i'm working. She has a very bad celiac desease:confused:. Once a boy ate a piece of rye bread and then grabbed her hand. She was in panic and started yelling and ran to the bathroom to wash herself immediately. My stupid little shitty boss (the teacher) started yelling at her and mocking at her. I spent 10 minutes explaining to my boss what gluten enteropathy was, and that Alice was not pretending(!):wtf::eek:

Last edited:
GF pasta tastes almost the same to me, it's just the bread I miss. I have been trying little bits of various wheat crackers and breads to see if I get a bad reaction and some foods with gluten are okay. I can eat the Valsoia vegan pizza although I don't understand why that would be as it contains wheat. It's made in Italy so maybe the wheat grown there is different?:confused:

The white sliced bread sold in supermarkets seems to get the worse reaction.

I will stop going on about it, it's just traumatic to have to give up one of my favourite foods.:D

GF pasta tastes almost the same to me, it's just the bread I miss. I have been trying little bits of various wheat crackers and breads to see if I get a bad reaction and some foods with gluten are okay. I can eat the Valsoia vegan pizza although I don't understand why that would be as it contains wheat. It's made in Italy so maybe the wheat grown there is different?:confused:

I will stop going on about it, it's just traumatic to have to give up one of my favourite foods.:D
I was just going to ask about that, as I keep hearing Italian wheat is a different strain and never gmo. I just tried a bronze cut spaghetti from Italian wheat - DeCecco- and liked it better than others. Maybe just because it was bronze cut and absorbed sauce better? It did taste much less cardboardy than other whole wheats.

All wheats contains gluten. However, Italian and European pasta is made with durum wheat. It is higher in protein and gluten which helps the pasta retain it's shape. Durum is the hardest of all wheats and is often called pasta wheat.

Types of Pasta

I was just going to ask about that, as I keep hearing Italian wheat is a different strain and never gmo.

Yes, I thought it was maybe because the Valsoia isn't GMO. I've read that a lot of the gluten isn't recognised by your body and triggers an autoimmune response in some people so maybe the Italian bread or flour is different to the stuff in the UK.

I'm going to see if I can buy vegan Italian bread online.

I managed to get a walk in this morning. More like a crawl, lol. I averaged 20/minutes/mile. I usually do much better than that. But I didn’t sleep well last night and my legs felt really heavy and my head was foggy. But at least I did it. I will do it again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.