Nutrition & Diet June Health Challenge

My cousin, friend, daughter and I did yoga on the beach over the weekend, and this guy came up to my cousin and me after and thought my cousin was my mom! She's only 2 years older and boy, was she ****** off. Is it bad I was secretly happy? :oops:

My yoga poses are getting better, and I'm pretty flexible anyway, so he prob just thought an old coot couldn't do it. ;)

Hang in there, raggle! You did well considering you were under the weather.
I ended up walking outside at work with my workout buddy for cardio, so no crazy climbs today. :D
We did weights, too, about 20 minutes' worth.

I started this month so well but the past week and a bit more have been terrible. I've been really tired lately and finding it hard to consider doing anything or eating anything that isn't grossly salty and fatty. My body is starting to retain every ml of water I drink.

Need to take better care of myself. Plan to finish this month well to get a head start on July.

I've been terrible this month. After 4 straight months of good dieting, I stopped the diet at the end of last month. I've been sick on and off this month, haven't slept well, and haven't exercised at all. I've been eating a little more now that the diet's over, but I don't think that really affects anything other than my weight.

I really need to catch up on some sleep this weekend, for starters, and maybe get some exercise when I can.

--Fromper
:juggle:

Yally, must be something in the water, because today on the way home from work I bought a bag of Fritos, which I crave about once a year (so this must be it, haha). Nothing but grease and salt. On the plus side, I ate only 1 of the 3 supposed servings in the bag and immediately got home and cooked myself a decent meal. I think part of it is that I know I will be hiking 10 miles a day next week, so I have been cavalier about junk food the last couple of days. I even ate french fries yesterday! Again, a smaller portion, but still not all that healthy. Next week, I will be eating all healthy foods. The company running the hiking trip packs fabulous lunches: fresh fruit and bread, hummus, veggies...they include chips, but mostly they are flavored ones I don't eat because they have whey in them and such.

Still, I managed to lose another pound and a half this week :) I think I am down 3.5 for the month, so I'm on track for my 4-pound goal. :)

Fromper, lack of sleep is a drag for sure. I hope you catch plenty of zzzz's. :)

You had to go mention Fritos...ugh...I love Fritos!

Missed two days of walking but still doing good. Didn't lose any more weight though...stuck at four pounds down...see, just typing the word Fritos sabotaged me. *pout*

I just had to throw away a bunch of mouldy veg left over from my week of HEALTH a couple of weeks ago.

Today I am going to run, yoga and buy some veg and EAT IT.

TMI WEE

im super obsessed with hydration and the colour of my wee. Let me tell you, I am NOT hydrated right now :(

^ I never seem to be hydrated no matter how much I drink. This is why I force down coconut water (it's disgusting) but there are some vita coco coconut waters with a few different fruit flavours now, if you need some quick hydration yally. ;£

Thanks I'm not a fan of coconut water but I'm just gonna drink plenty of water and steer clear of the salt :)

I am not doing so well with the walking; it is too damn hot and I HATE to sweat. I am a total fail at exercise! I have held steady on the weight for a couple weeks though. Not going up or down....

^^ That's why I go between 6-7 in the morning but I realize it's not feasible for everyone. Plus it's probably hotter for you at that time than it is for me...it's usually between 58-62 when I wake up. :)

^^ That's why I go between 6-7 in the morning but I realize it's not feasible for everyone. Plus it's probably hotter for you at that time than it is for me...it's usually between 58-62 when I wake up. :)

It has been in the 70's at 7AM. It is still a bit dark at 6!! :D

It's not exercise if you don't sweat! ;)

(Kidding, I'm feeling a bit too warm at 20c :p )

I am not doing so well with the walking; it is too damn hot and I HATE to sweat. I am a total fail at exercise! I have held steady on the weight for a couple weeks though. Not going up or down....
I cannot walk for exercise outdoors in this weather, either. It is just too hot and humid. My son runs in the rain in the summer, but he doesn't care about frizzy hair. :D

Reactions: KLS52
Uh I'm a bit late, but I've started going to the gym again :) This makes me happy, but while I'm still reasonably fit because I always walk a lot, 6 months without stretching/etc has made me lots less flexible.

I was so proud at being able to sit with my legs crossed and get my nose to the floor! :no: So maybe that will be my goal :D

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
I walked one day at 10 am and it was 80 degrees and somewhat humid. I thought I was going to die. I cut my route short and it still took the same amount of time as if I did the whole route...I was going at a slower pace.

June has been great! I traveled to Scandinavia (where it is very hard to be vegan) and had to survive on pre-packaged peanut butter, French fries, apples and Cliff bars. I also walked and walked and walked. Then I came home to a house sale, house-hunting, an attempted house purchase (that we didn't get), then another offer on a house, which we did get. So I've had bouts of nervous tummy, lack of hunger for anything other than my fingernails, and plenty of pacing!!! I've lost a few pounds! :p

Unfortunately, life-event weight loss usually isn't very long-lasting for me. Oh well!

Reactions: SummerRain
It took me long to get out to rub today and it was painful. Then tried a much too hard yoga workout so gave up on that quickly.

Not sure where all my energy is but I guess I haven't run since 6th June. Will have to get out again soon to get in a better run.