Nutrition & Diet June Health Challenge

I got to work early and got an extra half mile walk in. Also hooped for half an hour after I got home from work.

I would be wary of those very heavy weighted exercise hoops. My friend got one and it gave her massive bruises! Hers was like five pounds or something. My largest hoop is maybe one or two pounds, and I get some bruises when I smack myself with it. I can't even imagine hitting myself with one of those exercise hoops.
A properly sized hoop does make all the difference.

Reactions: PTree15
I'm going to join the challenge this month, although I'm not sure that I'll manage to lose any weight since we're going on a big vacation. My goals will be to not gain weight, exercise regularly, and limit the opportunity for stress eating. We're in the process of moving, and it's pretty stressful.

I did 35 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon. I don't have the opportunity to work out on Mondays very often, so it was a treat. I started "NOS4A2" on my iPod - I think it's going to be good.

Now when school is out and I have actually time to think something else than that school...this sounds like a deal for me. I managed to loose 20 lb during school year just getting something else to do than sit on computer during the day and I definitely want to keep that going during the summer. One of my goals also for this summer is to do one week hiking trip in the end of July so these legs needs some practice before that so that I'm able to actually do it and not just talk about it.

My goals are to keep the sweets limited on this month and use my bike to travel around. I also will try to make walking at least two times per week. The biking already started and it took just half an hour from me to go into city and other half an hour to get back to home from there with all my shoppings. Not bad at all. Helsinki is just full of road works during the summer so I clearly need to map out the places where they do those since I found out on today that my normal routes doesn't work so well now.

I've done relatively well excersise-wise over the last two days - skipping, running, using the Wii fit, walking more, and taking the stairs instead of the lift (admittedly because the lift is broken, but I'm gonna keep it up). I also made plans to work out with the friends who are doing tough mudder with me, so they should help keep me motivated.

However, tis that time of the month, and I just ate about three days' worth of sugar in one sitting because I was craving chocolate and fizzy drinks.

I took a zumba class last night and was somewhat disappointed - it actually seemed kind of slow. :dismay:

I did body pump this morning and it was a good workout. The problem with body pump is that it poops me out for the rest of the day.:yuck:

I did something that makes even myself go wow. I signed in to ballet classes...haven't been on one since I got sick twelve years ago. I know that knees won't be very happy with me since I did gained quite many pounds while I was sick but I know also enough to take easy on the parts that will put most stress on the knees in the class. It will be also my personal walk of shame when I go there with all this extra weight but I know that the dancing is actually the only reason why I would like to lose it and if I'm not taking classes there is no reason to work the weight. So on tonight it starts...first ballet class in ages...eeeeeeeps!

Very ambitious, virpukka, and quite impressive...good luck! :)

Reactions: Virpukka
Down another pound today, whoooo-hooooo! Yesterday, I tried to work out to a Latin dance video, sort of Zumba-ish. I have about 59 left feet, so although I wasn't close to following the steps, I shook and twisted and jumped around in my own clumsy way for an hour! It was fun, haha. Just needed to shake up the exercise routine a little. My goal is to try to master every step. It will probably take me a year! :D

I did not get my walk yesterday on my day off thanks to Tropical Storm Andrea! Tomorrow should be good though. I will get on the scale in the morning.....

I didn't get my walk today due to the same Andrea. Pout.

I've walked three times a day, every day this week, half a mile each time, and also hooped every day after work. The first three days I hooped for 30 minutes each, and today and yesterday I hooped an hour each.

No walking on the weekend, as my neighborhood isn't very suitable for walking. Hopefully I'll get in extra hooping. :worried:

I got yesterday twice 30 mins with bike and 45 min ballet class. I'm so happy about the ballet since it really is something I love but darn I had forgotten how hard it is. On the last combinations in the barre I had to skip couple things because I just didn't have strenght to do them. And on today I have bunch of sore muscles but that is not so bad than I thought it will be. I was supposed to be in other class on this morning but I think it was smarter move to let the body have it's rest and not to try push it too much immediately. Bike will be used on today though since I need to go do some grocery shopping to bigger store that is not right next to me.

I took this past week off work to concentrate on preparing for my exam on Monday. Now, I'm not particularly prepared, but wow, what a blissful week.

I've just spent it running, doing yoga everyday, getting plenty of sunshine, drinking lots of smoothies, eating lots of salads, had a massage. I am so ridiculously chilled.

Maybe not so great for my exam but I haven't felt this well in such a long time.

Contrast it to the last time I took a week off back in November and I was nearly suicidal (not exaggerating) at the end of it. Cold, miserable, feeling crappy.

I'm liking this virtuous circle; feel well, treat myself better; feel even better; treat myself even better.

It's definitely a lot easier to feel like this when there's plenty of sun and you have plenty of time. Won't be so easy when I go back to work on Tuesday but at least I have another holiday to look forward to.

Gotta cling to this feeling to remind myself just how good it's possible to feel :D

I am relearning Zumba. I hate hate hate cardio, but I'm getting my wedding dress altered (for freeeeee!!) by a professional and I can make it exactly how I want it to look, so cardio needs to happen. Once I get the steps a little better, I can turn down the volume and chose my own damn music. Not working for the past 8 months has really not been great.

Anyways - I'd like to keep this up 5 days a week until wedding preparations make that impossible. No specific goals, really just want feel awesome.

I hate it but I love it. Boo.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52