Physical Exercise The June Fitness Challenge Thread

Pickle Juice

Reaction score
Post your fitness goals here!

I ran my first 12k last month, the 101st Bay to Breakers race! But I also fell on some stairs and I think I cracked my tailbone, so I have been resting since. My goal for this month is to heal, and get started working out again.

Here's a shot from where I had to take a break, about half way up the Hayes Street hill, looking back:
128-2856_IMGCopying.JPG

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
Congrats on the race! And Oh #$^% on the stairs, that sucks :(

My fitness goals are: continue with Zumba (need to get better shoes), get started with DDPYoga (the dvd's only just arrived).

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Rosie do you do Zumba on dvd or in a class? I've been thinking about trying a dvd while bean plays nearby. She digs my fly dance moves already so was thinking she might be entertained during Zumba. Can you do it for like 10-15 minutes at a time?

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
I do the DVD's; I am far too uncoordinated to flail myself around in a class. lol But it's fun! I had to stop for a while, though, because I was using the wrong shoes and couldn't pivot well enough and hurt my knees on a few occasions.
You could definitely do 10-15 minutes at a time - it's a nice little workout - you could just pick the songs you like best and go with it. Plus, the DVD's I have all work different parts of you. They are: "basics & 20-minute express", "arms & obliques", "sculpt and tone", "cardio party", "abs &legs", there's a fitness concert which looks pretty cool, "cardio and glutes", a couple soundtracks, and then a zumba fitness live & flat abs. So there is a lot to choose from in there.

I got another set of Zumba DVD's but haven't been able to try them out yet. It's the Exhilarate one. The one I have is Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set.

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm hoping to check some out at the library to see how I like them. Having some ankle trouble from an old injury, but not too bad, and going to see the physio this week.

I need to get moving and grooving. :D

OP
OP
Pickle Juice

Pickle Juice

Reaction score
Congrats on the race! And Oh #$^% on the stairs, that sucks :(

My fitness goals are: continue with Zumba (need to get better shoes), get started with DDPYoga (the dvd's only just arrived).
Thanks, thanks, and good luck with your goals!

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have no goals...I need goals!! lol
I should start with walking, at least. I need it to get just a bit warmer so I can go at sunrise. :)

danakscully64

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Goal: Eat more fruits and veggies food.

That is all. I can do it! So far, I've been eating grapes, freeze dried mango, freeze dried blueberries, and I bought some apricots, zucchini, and an apple.

Katrina

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Goal: Either walk or ride my bike everywhere I go, so long as the travel time is under 1 hour.

The toughest part is the biking because I am still not used to it. I've been using it a few times a week at least. I have to go downtown three times a week for chiropracter appointments and it stresses me out to ride beside so many cars. Today I just took the bus because my legs were too tired from 2hours of biking yesterday.