Nutrition & Diet June Health Challenge

I have been so bad this month. Partly because some IRL crap has thrown all healthy thoughts out of the window, and partly because my birthday in June always means lots of alcohol and unhealthy (but very tasty) food. Gonna try and end it on a good note, though - today's food shop saw me plan lots of healthy meals and swap most of my regular processed meat alternatives with blocks of pure tofu, and I'm going running (urgh) and swimming during the week.

Since it is so beastly HOT outside now and I can't stand to get out and walk, I have decided to try the workout videos on sparkpeople.com. There are tons of them for all levels of fitness so if I can motivate myself to DO it, should be a good thing. I found a 12 minute low impact cardio this morning and managed to do it; I couldn't follow her steps exactly but kept up doing my own version. :D

I hurt my knee really bad so I took today off, hoping it gets better and I don't have to go to the doctor for it. Figures when I finally get motivated that something would sabotage my efforts to do something healthy for myself.

I hurt my knee really bad so I took today off, hoping it gets better and I don't have to go to the doctor for it. Figures when I finally get motivated that something would sabotage my efforts to do something healthy for myself.

Sorry to hear that :( I hope the knee feels better soon!

Got back on the scale for the first time in three weeks, have gained 4lbs. Bah.

But very proud of myself today, had a long swim and also went for my first ever proper run. Nearly died, but got through a mile (just about).

I've been keeping up the hooping, 60-90 minutes each day. (Though I keep missing weekend days, so busy.) Trying to learn more moves to keep it interesting. My weight has not budged for three weeks, but my husband has been asking me all week if I've lost weight.

I'd still like to lose those last 8 pounds, but being toned or whatever is fine, too.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Rabbit, that is so good...60-90 minutes a day, 5 days a week! My walks are barely 40 minutes but half is uphill so I pretend that makes up for the not-so-long walks. :)

Hope your knee is feeling better, KLS!
RabbitLuvr, that is beyond awesome on the hoop. Very cool.
AF, awesome on the swimming and running. That 4 lbs. will be gone before ya know it.

I did pretty well in June (last week's big hiking trip helped, haha!). I'm under 150 for the first time in DECADES! *does a happy dance*...
I want to lose about 10 more, and then I'll be done. Yay for exercise and healthy eating!!

My knee was better for a few days but is acting up again. :(

I am 1.5 lbs away from being under 150 and would also love to lose at least 10 more lbs. :) I am still pretty committed so I hope the knee holds out. See everyone in the July thread!

Reactions: PTree15
KLS, will a knee brace help? I used one for a while when my knee went wonky a few years back. It just helped stabilize it so that I could at least take walks. I couldn't do a lot of hills, but it was something. I get cranky when I can't exercise :D.

That's probably not a bad idea. I think I even have one somewhere in the attic. The question is, can I find it? It might be easier to just stop at the drugstore on my way home from work and buy another one, lol. :)

I agree with the cranky part...it took me 18 months to get off my butt and do something...I am not happy to be sabotaged at this point for any reason!