The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right before this outbreak we've all been warned about overuse of hand santizers and antibacterial things that are causing bacteria to mutate and become resistant to antibiotics. Now we're clearing the shelves and using them every few minutes :dismay: .

Right before this outbreak we've all been warned about overuse of hand santizers and antibacterial things that are causing bacteria to mutate and become resistant to antibiotics. Now we're clearing the shelves and using them every few minutes :dismay: .
Exactly the same here. :hmm:

Geez!:fsm: I can't believe how dumb our loved ones can be...:pout: And what should we do then? Tell them off? It won't lead to anything. I mean, shouldn't two adult people, a man and a woman (Liza snd Elijah) have been aware of the basic hygiene rules? It sounds pretty dumb, but they had been acting according to some unbelievable superstitions, because of which David is suffering now. They have put him at risk... They hadn't been washing his (sorry) intimate body part properly, and it simply became a Petri dish for bacteriae, and now he has balanoposthitis.:worms: Everything was so inflamed, there was blood, and pus... (ouch), that they brought him to the clinic, where he had a mini-surgery performed on him! Everything is stable so far, and Liza is applying an ointment for now... but the only question is: couldn't they wash him better??? I feel really bad for David... He didn't deserve that. I know that young parents (when they have their first baby) make different mistakes, but why would they listen to idiotic doctors who obviously were telling them lies? It would have been better if they asked mom. Despite that mom is not an expert in little boys,- the hygiene rules in the USSR were pretty advanced. They could have asked me, finally (my ex-husband once had the same problem, and if i'm a "militant schizophrenic", it doesn't mean i haven't seen any life at all... and any human bodies). But they (young parents) prefer not to listen to anything/anybody. ...Ok, i'm hoping that David recovers quickly. Now Unghshu will have to beg Sumerian gods to condescend to me again and help David...:master: *fingers crossed*.

At least, Unghshu has 3 good news.
1) Tomorrow i'm working with Mrs. Victoria Sogreyeva, and i really like working with her.💃 Except... i still haven't learned that ****ing valse (her favourite one). Well, i learned the first "period" (~32 bars), but there is so much music to go... I also was trying to negotiate with Mr.Gorbatov, who must have sent me a lot of music for the next (Wednesday's) lesson, and he said he started looking for it, but... i received nothing so far. Anyway, while my shitty boss is far away from me - i feel good. That is good news.🤗
2) My throat doesn't ache anymore!:bd: Tonsillitis is gone! It means, Sumerian gods have done the impossible again. It's not within my competence - to question them, so i'm just glad my horrid tonsillitis is gone (feels like a miracle). I even didn't need my second pack of anesthetic pills (for throat) that were not helping anyway. I'll keep them (and maybe i'll devour a couple tomorrow). I feel impressed and inspired by the power of Sumerian gods again (and that's scary, because it proves that nothing depends on me, and i'm as fragile as a fly: you slap it once, and it perishes.🧚‍♀️
3) I'd been dreaming of a pretty box for my stuff (but not a plastic one), and i found it! (in Okey mall, this evening). Behold: a pink elephant (my pictures were ugly, so i made screenshots from the internet, because i offered Liza the same thing for David's toys). It consists of cloth and reinforced cardboard (no plastic). I placed it in my room, and it looks pretty (at least until i find appropriate shelves for my food stuff and souvenirs).
Pink elephant, hehehe:
IMG_20200309_234828.jpg

IMG_20200309_234741.jpg

I've been hearing a lot of TP shortages too! I remember a tv show about cheapskates that have people cutting up old tee shirts and flannels to use instead. Truly why not? With a cheap bidet (mine was $25 and just installed under the seat) and a different color for everyone, and a diaper pail kinda thing. It truly is a stupid waste of trees whether directly or reclaimed. Same with paper towels, though my younger son is crazy about using them for his hands. I use them to clean the floor messes after him

Now there are three covid cases in my county, first ones known in Ohio. Sigh.

I almost never bought paper towels in the past (although I used them occasionally if a roommate had some) for environmental reasons. But hear this: I live with university students and go to a college campus five days a week. Everything is calm now, but it's about not-to-be when a bunch of careless young people return from Spring Break. I'm afraid it's going to be a nightmare. Younger and middle-aged people don't tend to suffer as much or die of coronavirus, and we would have adequate medical care via student health, but there are elderly people and babies in this community, too, you know. We also don't have many doctors due to it being a rural area.

I have a whole roll of paper towels waiting for me for Spring Break and beyond. I'm also going to keep my own kitchen towels to myself, and carry them back and forth upstairs to the kitchen then back to my personal living area.

I'm really ****** at the idiots who took cruises after the first couple of Princess fiascoes. I mean I am SO angry at these people. I feel like Princess Cruises should be sued. They carried about 60 people on to a new trip to Hawaii, with new passengers, from the Mexico trip where three people were identified with coronavirus, but waited until one actually died to test people on the second Hawaii trip. Of course there's like 25 ill people on that ship and counting. The cruise ship people are largely to blame for the spread in the United States.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Freesia
Morning/afternoon y'all! It is cloudy this morning but the temperatures are mild. It will be in the mid 70's today. I am working an afternoon shift today in the newly designed dressing room.

I've been hearing a lot of TP shortages too! I remember a tv show about cheapskates that have people cutting up old tee shirts and flannels to use instead. Truly why not? With a cheap bidet (mine was $25 and just installed under the seat) and a different color for everyone, and a diaper pail kinda thing. It truly is a stupid waste of trees whether directly or reclaimed. Same with paper towels, though my younger son is crazy about using them for his hands. I use them to clean the floor messes after him

Now there are three covid cases in my county, first ones known in Ohio. Sigh.
I don't use paper towels much, either, but I do keep a roll or two on hand to clean up when Theo has a hairball. Paper towels work best for that. Luckily, I'm the only one in my house, so my TP stash (which is the normal stash I have) should be fine. :-D I do need to pick up some baking soda, because I used what was left to unclog the bathroom sink drain.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
With all the critters, we go through massive quantities of paper towels. I haven't experienced any shortages, though.

Reactions: PTree15
It’s raining here! Very welcome, as we have had a very dry winter. Last night when I went to bed, it might have been drizzling, but I didn’t hear it. So I played the rain app on my phone as I drifted off. It’s white noise in the form of rain, thunder, and other sounds. I set it to just rain at the beach, turned the volume down, and it was just right to fall asleep to. I set it to turn off in 15 minutes. When I woke up, I heard the real thing outside. :smile:

Good morning! Thanks to global warming we're already heavy into tree pollen here. Pollen makes my eyes itch, my nose run and gives me a dry cough. Just what we need - symptoms of upper respiratory infections when it's just trees. :fp:
For a time, I hadn't made up my mind whether or not the climate was changing, even though a few years ago we didn't really have a winter in my area (New York). But I swear the geese are heading north earlier than they used to, and summer comes earlier and stays later (not that this bothers me).

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Tomorrow we’re having our monthly lunch outing; this month we’ll be going to California Chicken Cafe. Despite the name, their menu is actually veg friendly. I can get a vegetarian salad or wrap. And since I’m trying to avoid dairy while recovering from my cold, I can actually get a vegan salad or wrap. I like going on the restaurant outings; the only time I stayed home was when they had a breakfast outing to the nearby McDonald’s. And then there was last June, when I recommended Le Pain Quotidien, and the activity director scheduled it for the same week I was going to be out of town. 😬

• Friendly
I don't use paper towels much, either, but I do keep a roll or two on hand to clean up when Theo has a hairball. Paper towels work best for that. Luckily, I'm the only one in my house, so my TP stash (which is the normal stash I have) should be fine. :-D I do need to pick up some baking soda, because I used what was left to unclog the bathroom sink drain.
All the cardboard junk mailers I get I stash, and also stash the paper towels I dry my lunch stuff off with, to use to clean up messes.
Old gift cards and unwanted plastic cards through the mail are used as scrapers.
I forgot baking soda at Aldis

It’s raining here! Very welcome, as we have had a very dry winter. Last night when I went to bed, it might have been drizzling, but I didn’t hear it. So I played the rain app on my phone as I drifted off. It’s white noise in the form of rain, thunder, and other sounds. I set it to just rain at the beach, turned the volume down, and it was just right to fall asleep to. I set it to turn off in 15 minutes. When I woke up, I heard the real thing outside. :smile:
I miss the rain! (With a thunderstorm!)⛈️ Now i'm thinking of doing the same (turning on an app, that imitates advanced nature sounds). Maybe i'll do it for a little while this night, after i devour something, because my nervous system is like a stretched string now, and i can neither eat, nor sleep. I don't feel completely recovered from that fever and tonsillitis that i've just got rid of (ugh, it was a miracle), so it appears to be, i need something extra for my brain to calm down and switch to a "sleep mode". Pffff, i regretted i cannot consume booze.:lol:
Btw, how are you feeling? Has your cold/whatever-it-was gone??

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Hey everyone! Work was routine. The new dressing room still needs some work but it is "refreshed." It was busy enough that time went by quickly. I don't like getting home so late but I have had some dinner and am enjoying one of Central 28's tasty beers. One of my co-workers who took the next shift in the fitting room said to have a beer for her. This has become somewhat of a private joke between us! :) This is Us is on tonight so I will watch that! Love that show!

Status
Not open for further replies.