The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickness bug here too. It's been one illness after another for weeks....never had such a succession of different bugs like this before in my life.

It's most probably due to the mild weather we are all having.

I hope you are both feeling better. Are you going back to work in May ?:)

I guess I'm not the only one wearing a full body suit, a helmet with oxygen tanks and gloves as soon as I walk out the door now. :p

Even though it's not that bad, I do follow the corona virus in the news now, and it's of cause getting closer and closer to most of us. Several people that are in home quarantene acts like that this is just another holliday, and go to ski resorts, on the gym, stores etc. And I was worried about going out with Rime, if I end up in home quarante, as he do not poop in the garden at all (or in the nearest park, as that's his play park, and not possible to poop there).

I do have started to stock up a small amout of food though, even though I'm not panicking at all. But as we see in Italy, we can get quite stricked rules about where to go, and if I end up in a home quarantine, I do have plans to have tasty dinners, and not only pasta for two weeks. :p And Rime needs food. He has a lot of kibbles luckly, but he wants his Mush.

I was awake at 04:30 am today, even though my alarm clock is set on 9 am... Well. Then it's at least I will fall asleep early today, so I'm not oversleeping for my job interview. :p

It's most probably due to the mild weather we are all having.

I hope you are both feeling better. Are you going back to work in May ?:)
I've been back doing a few shorter days a week since the end of February but had to miss a day last week due to illness & I'm also missing today 🤦‍♀️ hopefully things can only get better from here!

I've been back doing a few shorter days a week since the end of February but had to miss a day last week due to illness & I'm also missing today 🤦‍♀️ hopefully things can only get better from here!

I didn't realise that you were already back at work, as I remember you saying that you would be off for a year.

I hope that you feel better soon as it's not fun having to work and look after a little one. :hug:

I guess I'm not the only one wearing a full body suit, a helmet with oxygen tanks and gloves as soon as I walk out the door now. :p

Even though it's not that bad, I do follow the corona virus in the news now, and it's of cause getting closer and closer to most of us. Several people that are in home quarantene acts like that this is just another holliday, and go to ski resorts, on the gym, stores etc. And I was worried about going out with Rime, if I end up in home quarante, as he do not poop in the garden at all (or in the nearest park, as that's his play park, and not possible to poop there).

I do have started to stock up a small amout of food though, even though I'm not panicking at all. But as we see in Italy, we can get quite stricked rules about where to go, and if I end up in a home quarantine, I do have plans to have tasty dinners, and not only pasta for two weeks. :p And Rime needs food. He has a lot of kibbles luckly, but he wants his Mush.

I was awake at 04:30 am today, even though my alarm clock is set on 9 am... Well. Then it's at least I will fall asleep early today, so I'm not oversleeping for my job interview. :p
Rime is such a smart boy!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, interview wise.

I just got some bad news: For our safety, corporate has decided to cancel all outings for the month. So, no California Chicken Cafe today, no outing to the Griffith Observatory, no lunch in the park. I don’t know about our Thursday shopping and errand (hair, nails, bank, post office) outings, but those will probably be cancelled, too.

I just got some bad news: For our safety, corporate has decided to cancel all outings for the month. So, no California Chicken Cafe today, no outing to the Griffith Observatory, no lunch in the park. I don’t know about our Thursday shopping and errand (hair, nails, bank, post office) outings, but those will probably be cancelled, too.
So sorry to hear that your plans have been cancelled. It must have been very frustrating.:pout: OTOH, it may be reasonable (to avoid public events and "outings", if it's even a word :???:), because i've heard that Southern California was affected by COVID cases more than other states. I'm sure things will clear up soon, and the administration of your facility will make up something entertaining for the residents. Just hang in there.:hug:
I've just seen on the local news that, from Friday until *nobody knows when*, Russian government is going to cancel airway connection with Italy, Germany, France and Spain. That is good news. And maybe we'll be safe here for a longer period of time. By saying "we", i mean our lyceum's kids and teachers, including Unghshu. Because... can you imagine that??? Our dear Alya couldn't make up anything "better" than to invite German guests to our lyceum in the last decade of April! I understand that she had had negotiations with German partners long before the covid outbreak and pandemia... But when we had the "teachers' meeting" in my big boss' office recently, E.P. was seriously considering inviting those German guests to our choreography exams! They were going to come here because most of them are balletmeisters and other employees who work in the education department. Tbh, i wouldn't want them to come to my class, where i'm supposed to play and therefore sit with them in a sealed space for 1.5 hrs (minimum). Nobody knows how many visits had been scheduled. I really hope they won't come. Nevertheless, the situation in Russia is not as optimistic as it could have been. Within only 24 hrs, there have been detected 8 new cases of covid in Moscow and Moscow county (area). In a nutshell, the biggest number of cases are concentrated around Moscow. They're assuring people that those patients are isolated and that those who had contacted with them are under control too,- but who knows how many others may be contaminated now.
SPb citizens are trying to stay cool, as always. Annie and a few older kids are going to take part in the competition in Sviridov's school on Saturday. That school is very VERY close to the dorm (with 700 students) that has been put under quarantine recently because of the contagious Italian student. I think that, when i call Annie on Friday (about my instructions for Saturday), i'll remind her that she should be careful and tell the kids not to touch anything in that district outside Sviridov's school. Not likely it's possible, but i have to warn them. I'm hoping there is no virus in the north of SPb (outside that dorm) so far, but i don't feel comfortable about their competition in the north, in a building full of people. I'm not pleased they have to go there. I'll be begging Sumerian gods to protect them (and us all).:sheep:

How are you and your wife, and the cats?
All of us are great, thank you for asking! My wife and I live on a small acreage in the middle of nowhere - we are loving it. She is grand, the cats are all healthy and happy - and (ahem) there have been some additions to the family as well. I probably need to update with some pics!

How about you, my friend?

Welcome back, @Dedalus !!! ... and @Mikkel - I hope your job interview goes (or went) well, and that you're still giving coronavirus the slip!

In my area, the flu is more dangerous than Covid19 overall (even though its fatality rate is lower) because it infects so many more people. I worry most about older people and those with other health conditions which make it harder for them to fight infection... but this Covid thing is bad news, even though the majority of those who become infected will recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.