The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a nice time at Sherri's visiting with them and my sister. Kevin made veggie kabobs and grilled my Beyond Burger. We also had pie in honor of pi day! It was a really nice day with a light breeze and temperature around 80.

I’m recovered from my cold, thanks. No visitors are allowed this weekend, except for “essential visits”, such as caregivers. People are either going out to see their loved ones or staying in their rooms. It’s a challenge getting people together for activities, even the popular ones such as bingo. Since they cancelled our shopping trips, I was thinking, I have a dentist appointment next week, so afterwards I’ll walk over to the nearest supermarket, Google Maps says it’s a 20 minute walk, and get some things, such as baked tofu, that I can’t get here. It’s a good excuse to get some exercise, too.

I understand why the dogs will only wrestle on the bed, I really do. If you're going to body slam each other, it makes sense to do it on a mattress.

What I don't understand is why they will only wrestle when I'm on the bed, so they can body slam each other into me. :cry:

Today I went to the library which is staying open but cancelling all events and meetings. There were not very many people there. Then I stopped at the Walmart Market to get my kitty supplies. It was very busy and lots of empty shelves. This is the bread aisle and of course I needed bread.

IMG_20200315_133222.jpg

I am sure they will get a bread delivery in a day or so. I did get some day old bakery buns for less than a dollar! Even the cat food and litter was picked over. I had to get an employee to reach the top shelf for litter for me. I did get some more dry food and one can of "pate" for Screamer. I would rather get the canned food at the Dollar General but since I was there I grabbed one.
The weather is very warm with some areas going to hit 90!

I understand why the dogs will only wrestle on the bed, I really do. If you're going to body slam each other, it makes sense to do it on a mattress.

What I don't understand is why they will only wrestle when I'm on the bed, so they can body slam each other into me. :cry:
Kind of like how my cats won’t play with each other unless I’m trying to lie down/rest/sleep. Then they decide it will be fun to race around the house like maniacs, always needing to jump on the bed and run back and forth across my body, multiple times, of course. Lol. Whackos.

So what's up the lowered interest rates, huh? Do I get to refinance? :???: :)

Reactions: KLS52
All these government "fixes" are suspect to me. They attach a lot of "fine print" to everything. Qualifying becomes impossible.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I so wonder how life would be if I grew up in the woods without contact with civilization. Just a cabin and a garden, like Dick Proenneke or a hut like Gilligans Island.....

Apparently the interest rate drop won't affect mortgage rates, just interest on bank accounts, which sounds good to me!
now how about that APR? :hmm:

That almond chocolate was so nice, but pricy. I would love to make my own almond milk chocolate

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Just phoned my boss and discovered there will be no work until further notice. We have some money saved which was to be used to go to England to visit my elderly mother for the first time since I have lived in Sweden. We may have to use it to survive instead. :(

Just phoned my boss and discovered there will be no work until further notice. We have some money saved which was to be used to go to England to visit my elderly mother for the first time since I have lived in Sweden. We may have to use it to survive instead. :(
So sorry Brian. :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
Morning/afternoon y'all! I am working a mid shift as a cashier. Today we will see how this virus situation has affected our business. Senior discount day is usually extremely busy. I wonder if our senior customers will be there in droves as usual. Things have changed dramatically over the weekend as to the recommendations to avoid social interactions.
On a more happy note, the weather is beautiful.

Morning/afternoon y'all! I am working a mid shift as a cashier. Today we will see how this virus situation has affected our business. Senior discount day is usually extremely busy. I wonder if our senior customers will be there in droves as usual. Things have changed dramatically over the weekend as to the recommendations to avoid social interactions.
On a more happy note, the weather is beautiful.
I didn't know what "in droves" meant... But now i'm enlightened: i saw humanoids IN DROVES yesterday when i went to "Merchant's court" shopping mall in order to get my pre-ordered B12 supplement. I can't say that there were crowds of people inside the mall in general (despite that it was Sunday), but when i entered "Gostinka-art" space, where many tiny offices are located (including that sports nutrition shop), i didn't recognize the place. There were loads of people (we call it "like herring in a barrel").:worms: They were mostly buying jewellerry (made of semi-precious stones). It turned out it was a monthly exhibition/clearance of russian jewellery. There were so many of them in that small sealed space, and they were breathing at each other so intensively (and i noticed a couple foreigners!), that i put my top's collar on my face and ran quickly to the office (having pushed away a couple of humanoids, it seems to me).:fsm: I was a little stressed out about that (considering that i loathe crowds at any time). I got my order, but when the boy-cashier gave me my change (1 rouble, because my B12 jar cost 499 roubles), i said: "Thanks a lot, but i won't take this rouble, because i don't like it", lol. The boy gave me a conspiratorial glance, smiled, nodded and said: "Spasibo, vsego horoshego" ("Thank you, have a good day").😁
After that, i went to Moscowsky railway station by subway. Guess whom did i see in a subway train, a few meters away from me?? Right, Chinese girls! They were standing at the door, speaking loudly to each other. Some people were staring at them with wild eyes and quickly crawling away, to another door. I'm sure they were just students who study at (any) SPb institute, and who live here constantly, but this picture (of people freaking out) really showed that people are... freaked out (sorry, couldn't help).🥴

Status
Not open for further replies.