The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon. I helped with picture taking at the shelter today - so much fun. There was a small, shy chiweenie that I fell in love with (she fell in love with me, too :smitten:). I'll post pics if they're published.

The library bookstore was not busy today but we managed to make our budget thanks to 2 large purchases by re-sellers! I am sorry to hear that all your outings have been cancelled, Amy. I know they are being cautious for the safety of the residents. I heard they are stopping all visits to nursing homes around here too. The thing that scares me the most is the sporting events not having spectators because we all know how important sports are so this must be really serious!

• Friendly
Reactions: Amy SF and Val
Yeah, all outings for March are cancelled, including shopping. My sister said that I need anything she’d get it for me. I can also have some things delivered.
That’s disappointing. Sorry. Several nursing homes/rehab facilities are in lockdown and not allowing anyone in. My friends brother is scheduled to be going home soon and is supposed to have an evaluation but now they won’t let the evaluation take place because it was being done by an outside agency.

My sister in law goes to the senior facility every day for lunch and socialization but they canceled that too.

Hello and just a quick shout out to Poppy, I know we are on different time zones, so you might be tucked up in bed now, enjoying a sleep.

Thanks again for your advice on my thread, very much appreciated, I wanted to add that I have hopefully found a volunteer job for a local animal charity (sadly not hands on, but in the charity shop - it's a start!), so at least I am with like-minded people, and have found a local event is coming up near the end of the month - hopefully it's still on..... :cool:

My job interview went well. Very well. Spent 1.5 houers there. They have more interviews and the job I applied on may be a bit small for what I need.

But. He wants to keep my CV and was very interested in if there came a full time position. :D

My job interview went well. Very well. Spent 1.5 houers there. They have more interviews and the job I applied on may be a bit small for what I need.

But. He wants to keep my CV and was very interested in if there came a full time position. :D

Well done and fingers crossed. :up:

• Friendly
Reactions: Mikkel

That's great, Mikkel! Well done! Fingers crossed for you.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Mikkel and shyvas
Welcome back, @Dedalus !!! ... and @Mikkel - I hope your job interview goes (or went) well, and that you're still giving coronavirus the slip!

In my area, the flu is more dangerous than Covid19 overall (even though its fatality rate is lower) because it infects so many more people. I worry most about older people and those with other health conditions which make it harder for them to fight infection... but this Covid thing is bad news, even though the majority of those who become infected will recover.

Thanks, Tom!

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Hey everyone! Work was much slower than earlier in the week. I think maybe the corona virus is affecting things here now. I just got home and haven't gone on social media yet to see what is being discussed however, I did hear earlier today that a NY biker brought the virus to Daytona Bike Week so it is getting close to home now.
On a happier note, an Olive Garden feast was provided for us at work today due to TJX Corp. earning 40 Billion bucks last fiscal year. Thankfully this company is not going downhill like several others are!

Things have been kind of blah. But I am possibly getting this really nice almond milk chocolate tomorrow, so there's that.

Last edited:
Morning/afternoon y'all! I have the day off and am already done with getting the car's oil changed and stopping at both dollar stores for a few things. The Dollar General is limiting purchases of "essentials" like toilet paper but had plenty in stock and carts of goods to unpack. The only things I saw were out (but probably on the carts) was alcohol and the gallon jugs of white vinegar. At the Dollar Tree, there were no limits and they had products on hand. The cashier was wearing gloves. I don't think I will be going anywhere else today. I will go to Publix really early in the morning and hope the sale items are still in stock. Gardein is on bogo deal this week.
Sherri and Kevin were going to spend the weekend at Disney but have decided to cancel so we are having a "corona party" tomorrow. I wanted to go to a brewery event in Sanford but I don't want to be around too many people. I already have to be out among the masses for work. I will talk to my sister later and see if she wants to come over here for the party.
The weather is beautiful and I imagine the springs and the beach will be packed with people despite the virus.

From what I understand, Disney will be closing their theme parks both here and in Florida, but I’m not sure when, exactly. Some other amusement parks in Southern California will be temporarily closed, too. I wonder which other theme/amusement parks in North America will close, as well as zoos and museums, anywhere crowds tend to gather.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
From what I understand, Disney will be closing their theme parks both here and in Florida, but I’m not sure when, exactly. Some other amusement parks in Southern California will be temporarily closed, too. I wonder which other theme/amusement parks in North America will close, as well as zoos and museums, anywhere crowds tend to gather.
In Cleveland the Rock Hall is closed, St Patricks day parade canceled, schools will have an added week to spring break-now till april, International film festival canceled.....

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
@Amy SF Are you feeling all better? Have they restricted visitation?
Here visitation for prisons, hospitals and nursing homes are restricted to one visitor per person a day, hospice exempted
Gatherings of 100 or more are either canceled or suggested to cancel. I guess there's been debate on church services

Disney World and Universal are closing at end of day Sunday for at least 2 weeks. Sea World and the others have not announced anything yet. Most festivals, parades, and events are cancelled. Nursing home visitations are not allowed. (there may be some exceptions) Schools are extending spring break until the 30th. I think in Orange county they are saying no gatherings over 250 people. The economy is going to take a huge hit. :(

People have gone crazy over here. It took me nearly 3 hours to pick up a Click & Collect minus 11 items that were missing from my order. :eek:

It's so nice to be home in a quiet and safe environnement. Just chilling and listening to some music. :grinning:

• Friendly
Hey everyone! It is a beautiful day! It is too bad everything is cancelled! Sherri and Kevin cancelled their plans for a Disney weekend, so we are having a "corona virus party." My sister is going to come over because we had wanted to do something but going out in public is discouraged so just hanging out here will do. I am not sure if there will be any other guests.
I went out to Publix at 8:20 this morning and it was already packed! I got the sale items I wanted and was depressed by the mass panic going on. I came home and did some cleaning!

• Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.