Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I picked up a burrito bowl from Hot Heads. I shouldn't even go there- I remember how much I loved their garlicy house sauce, but just like french fries, always keep myself from getting it, then I come home and really wish I got it! :(:rofl:

The local Aldis all carry wine, including the Aldi Winking Owl label, which sells locally for under $3 a bottle, and is actually pretty good.
I was just at Aldi, and double checked the price- $2.85 per bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
I googled up the 3 Aldi stores in your area. The Vernon store stocks ( according to their website) Winking Owl Shiraz and Merlot ; we are trying desperately to make you drink ! :p

ALDI US - Winking Owl Shiraz
That's interesting because when I checked their site yesterday, all the CT stores said beer, but not wine. I will check on my next visit.

A Lincolnshire style seitan sausage served with French mustard, cabbage cooked in seitan stock with a drizzle of evo plus a baked potato.
An apple.
A glass of red wine.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I am having sliced seitan sausage with sauerkraut and Dijon mustard. I was going to have a salad, but I didn't get to Aldi because the weather was just awful.

Reactions: Val
I am having sliced seitan sausage with sauerkraut and Dijon mustard. I was going to have a salad, but I didn't get to Aldi because the weather was just awful.

I really like seitan sausage with mustard and cabbage. I also like sauerkraut, but supermarkets don't seem to stock it in jars anymore.

I really like seitan sausage with mustard and cabbage. I also like sauerkraut, but supermarkets don't seem to stock it in jars anymore.
:hug: ...Come here, and you'll be eating sauerkraut for breakfasts, dinners and suppers.:D We rarely see it in glass jars too, but there is an abundance of sauerkraut in plastic pails of any size (in any grocery store).:) Yum!:lick:

Reactions: hungryraccoon
:hug: ...Come here, and you'll be eating sauerkraut for breakfasts, dinners and suppers.:D We rarely see it in glass jars too, but there is an abundance of sauerkraut in plastic pails of any size (in any grocery store).:) Yum!:lick:

I don't think that I like it that much.:p However, I could eat Mexican style food for breakfast and dinner !!!:p

Yes, most of it is in cans now, which doesn't taste as good as the sauerkraut in glass jars. I like cabbage just steamed as well. Cabbage is delicious.

I can't decide what I want for dinner. I could have more vegan sausage and sauerkraut, or veggie chili, or a casserole. I finally got to Aldi and got my fresh veggies. Oh, and I asked the cashier whether wines were sold in CT stores, and sadly they are not. But she mentioned that Vermont and some New Hampshire stores stock it, so the next time I'm up that way, I plan to buy some. That's too good a price not to at least try it once. :)

Reactions: Val
Yes, most of it is in cans now, which doesn't taste as good as the sauerkraut in glass jars. I like cabbage just steamed as well. Cabbage is delicious.

I can't decide what I want for dinner. I could have more vegan sausage and sauerkraut, or veggie chili, or a casserole. I finally got to Aldi and got my fresh veggies. Oh, and I asked the cashier whether wines were sold in CT stores, and sadly they are not. But she mentioned that Vermont and some New Hampshire stores stock it, so the next time I'm up that way, I plan to buy some. That's too good a price not to at least try it once. :)
I like their Shiraz and Moscato.

Aldi had good sauerkraut in jars, it may have been a special though. I don't care much for it other than sandwiches. Wish they made small containers, like applesauce comes in.
Snow Floss is in glass jars, as well as bags
I finally choked down the last of the kimchi with some rice. Won't be getting that again :p
I do love cabbage on it's own

Reactions: PTree15 and Val