shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
1/2 avocado with evo and organic,ww
sourdough baguette.
Nut roast with gravy, cranberry compote, chestnuts and chanterelle mushrooms in non dairy cream plus braised endives.

Fruit salad and Côte d'Or crystallised orange chocolate for dessert.

A few sips of awful tasting Bordeaux. Lots of fizzy water.:p

Reactions: Val
I finally feel well enough to have wine. ;
I have had a heavy cold over the New Year and wine has had no appeal or taste for me. I drank a couple of shots of whisky but it felt like I was just going through the motions. I have a few bottles of good Rioja which I'm keeping till I feel that I will appreciate it.

I have had a heavy cold over the New Year and wine has had no appeal or taste for me. I drank a couple of shots of whisky but it felt like I was just going through the motions. I have a few bottles of good Rioja which I'm keeping till I feel that I will appreciate it.
That's my issue as well. I had a wedding to attend last night and actually managed only one glass of wine. This cold is quite stubborn and has morphed into a different cold from the one I started with. I probably should have stayed home all weekend, but I didn't want to miss my second cousin's wedding. :)

Tonight I had a buffalo seitan grinder with melted spicy tomato Chao vegan cheese and caramelized onions. I also had a few tortilla chips and pepperoncini. I'm hoping the buffalo sauce helps clear out my sinuses. :D

07179743-27D8-47A4-BCBE-FA902CB23261.jpeg

New Year’s Day plea for good luck dinner: Hoppin’ John, rainbow chard with pomegranate balsamic vinegar, Field Roast apple sage sausage and cranberry sauce.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Well, I've been chilly all damn day so I know I don't feel like having a cold sandwich tonight. I think I'm settling on the idea of making some ancient grains pasta and tossing that with evoo, cannellini beans & Brussels sprouts....

Ya know, I think I'm gonna roast the sprouts first... that way I can leave the oven open afterward. :sadnod: BRRR!!

Last edited:
I am going to make stuffed spaghetti squash. The stuffing will be brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, onions and carrots with lots of garlic, of course. :D I will top it with a little hot sauce.

Tonight's a good chili night! I have a jar of mixed beans I've had--a while :confused:? Doesn't even have a date stamp.
Since getting that Instant Pot I've had no need for pre-cooked.

Come on, who else has an Instant Pot? Or other electric pressure cooker?
I want to start a thread :)

Tonight's a good chili night! I have a jar of mixed beans I've had--a while :confused:? Doesn't even have a date stamp.
Since getting that Instant Pot I've had no need for pre-cooked.

Come on, who else has an Instant Pot? Or other electric pressure cooker?
I want to start a thread :)
Pressure cookers have always scared me. I keep thinking they will explode on me. :D
Chili sounds good, though!

Not an electric one! Best thing ever, for beans, one step soups/stews, veggies, pasta, rice, seitan. It's truly set and forget!
Imma make a thread

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
^ Homemade. I couldn't get my onion salad to taste like the one from Indian restaurants. It was a spoonful of mint sauce that I was missing.

I'm making Quorn "chicken" fajitas tonight.:drool:

Reactions: PTree15
I am going to have black bean and rice burritos tonight. It's actually the stuffing left over from the stuffed squash. :D I love repurposed leftovers!

A personal-sized pizza from Brooklyn Boyz.... thin crust, mushroom & green onion, NO CHEESE. Got it home, basted the crust with olive oil, sprinkled everything with garlic powder & nooch (looked to already be plenty of basil & oregano in their sauce), added some Daiya mozzarella shreds & some of my own thinly-sliced red onion, & a few more Daiya shreds.... That'll be set to pop in the oven when I get home tonight, just long enough to cook the onion a bit & melt the "cheese", then I'll add baby spinach & fresh tomatoes, and finish it off in the skillet. :)

I am having a spinach salad with walnuts, raisins, Gardein 7-grain tenders, onions, pickles, pepperoncini and olives topped with Italian dressing. I think hot chocolate and popcorn will be on tap for a snack later. :)

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I made three recipes from Isa Chandra's low-fat cookbook: the butternut squash coconut rice, the pineapple collards, and the broiled blackened tofu. Pretty good, but not worth all the effort I put into it. H liked the blackened tofu, and it was easy to make, so I'll probably make that again and serve it with regular rice and whatever else.

ETA: Actually, the tofu would taste good with baked sweet potatoes or roasted butternut squash. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.