Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight it's gonna be a couple large vegan soft tacos and probably some blue corn chips & guacamole.... I'm portioning out all the necessary fixings to bring with me to Jer's.

Reactions: PTree15
I'm going to have a seitan sausage grinder with onions and mustard.

Reactions: Val
Just had a request for tofu- so sauteed tofu & garlic green beans

Oh man, I wouldn't pay that for something I haven't even tried! Must be a lot though, That cup didn't cost much at all.

I was able to get a little to taste test it, and I can see a number of uses for it. I just ordered a pound.

Thank you for mentioning it!

Had a spinach and spring greens, beets, chickpeas, olives, walnuts and cucumber salad with balsamic vinegrette.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I made a double batch of Caribbean-style split pea soup and a batch of vegan sausages. I already had a couple bowls of soup, and now I'm gonna eat one of the vegan sausages with some leftover rice.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I'm thawing my leftover chickpea salad... I hope it's still edible/palatable. LOL :confused: I wanted to have a big sandwich for dinner tonight since I've had pasta the last two nights, and I'm planning to make mushroom stroganoff sauce tomorrow, so that means more pasta tomorrow & Friday.... :rolleyes:

My last chickpea salad was pretty unedable. I made 'ranch' dressing with plain homemade yogurt. No amount of spice made up for the lack of fat! Yes, I added some aquafaba

I'm making split pea soup-the usual, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, liquid smoke and luckily I found my cumin! About the only thing I use it for!
Instant Pot all the way!

My last chickpea salad was pretty unedable. I made 'ranch' dressing with plain homemade yogurt. No amount of spice made up for the lack of fat! Yes, I added some aquafaba

I'm making split pea soup-the usual, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, liquid smoke and luckily I found my cumin! About the only thing I use it for!
Instant Pot all the way!

My friend at work who sits next to me got an Instant Pot and she loves it.

I use it almost daily! I will start a thread!
I had used a stove top pressure cooker for beans, but they need to watched, and don't do that much. Instant Pots, and other brands, can saute, steam, lo and high pressure, & slow cook

I use it almost daily! I will start a thread!
I had used a stove top pressure cooker for beans, but they need to watched, and don't do that much. Instant Pots, and other brands, can saute, steam, lo and high pressure, & slow cook
I think I might have to get one. :D I've been reading up on them and they do seem like a much safer alternative to an actual pressure cooker.

Tonight I made "Ranch burgers". They were awful. Mushy and gross. Something about the combination of vital wheat gluten, TVP and mushrooms made them very weird. Pretty, though, don't you think? :p

IMG_4830.jpg

Are they noisy? I have considered getting one, but my bunnies have the room off the kitchen, and my oldest cat especially gets really nervous around new/strange sounds. I am worried using one would terrorize the household.

Are they noisy? I have considered getting one, but my bunnies have the room off the kitchen, and my oldest cat especially gets really nervous around new/strange sounds. I am worried using one would terrorize the household.
Hmmm, I haven't read anything about noise, but I will add that to my list of things to check out.

No noise at all! These electric pots are nothing like the stove top ones. There's a slight hiss just as it comes up to pressure, but a minute at most. It gives three beeps at the end.
It has a learning curve to it, but now I know how to set it for different foods so it comes down all on it's own. I've learned to combine foods so I don't need anything else. I would choose the Instant Pot over my stove.
They're not hot either. The lid gets hot, but the sides are fine. I've cooked seiten for two hours without heating the kitchen! Super easy to clean- stainless steel pot, that's what sold me on IP

I made sesame tofu with broccoli and snow peas and served It with Jasmine rice. It was delicious. I had a friend over for dinner and I sent her home with leftovers. She loved the meal. I made peanut butter and chocolate fudge for dessert.

20180111_183457.jpg

I made sesame tofu with broccoli and snow peas and served It with Jasmine rice. It was delicious. I had a friend over for dinner and I sent her home with leftovers. She loved the meal. I made peanut butter and chocolate fudge for dessert.

View attachment 13591

Your food always looks so nice. Well done PT !:up:

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.