Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knitting night, you say.... Do you just visit and chat while you work on knitting projects? That sounds like a great idea. I should do that.
Yep, pretty much. We sometimes throw on a movie or watch John Oliver videos on YouTube. :D It's a lot of fun.

Last edited:
A burger made with a shop bought soya/wheat barbecue burger, wholewheat buns, caramelised onions and a sauce that I made with cream and French mustard, melted Violife served with a white cabbage slaw with yeast flakes and vinaigrette.

A couple of kiwis for dessert plus a glass of cider.

Reactions: PTree15
I may treat myself to something out tonight. I have a hair appointment at 7:30, and I'm not going home after work because home is in the opposite direction of the hair salon. I'm just not sure what I want. I might go to Moe's or maybe Noodles & Company.

Reactions: Val
I still can't decide.... I could make pasta for stroganoff, I could make a sautéed veggie sandwich.... Hell, I'm still trying to decide what I wanna bring with me to Jer's tomorrow night.... I think it might be potato skins. :D

But tonight.... Hmmm.... I had a sammich last night.... Yeah, OK, I'll do the mushroom stroganoff this evening... whole wheat rotini this time.

I'm glad we worked that out. :p

Seriously, when I started typing I had no clue what to make... by the time I was done, I did. Thanks, Veggie Views! :up: LMAO

Last edited:
Leftover Madras style, Quorn & bn squash curry served with brown rice and sliced bananas.

Berries and non dairy cream for dessert.

I'm going to make a mushroom gravy with Butler soy curls, mixed veggies, and maybe mashed potatoes

I want a vegan shepherd's pie. I haven't shepherd's pie in a hundred years, and I always like it as a kid. I have corn, but I want green beans with it as well. My mom always made it with corn on one side of the casserole dish and green beans on the other. :D I'm wondering whether a less-chewy homemade seitan would work, one that I could chop us easily. I don't really like TVP all that much or those packaged crumbles. I will have think about this.

I want a vegan shepherd's pie. I haven't shepherd's pie in a hundred years, and I always like it as a kid. I have corn, but I want green beans with it as well. My mom always made it with corn on one side of the casserole dish and green beans on the other. :D I'm wondering whether a less-chewy homemade seitan would work, one that I could chop us easily. I don't really like TVP all that much or those packaged crumbles. I will have think about this.
Have you ever tried Butler soy curls? They're absolutely amazing! I was thinking about shepards pie, or pot pie, when I made the gravy.
Soy curls are way better than TVP - they're just non-gmo soybeans and water , just texturized not overprocessed. I rehydrate in broth, then saute in a little oil, and add sauce or gravy. So good!

Have you ever tried Butler soy curls? They're absolutely amazing! I was thinking about shepards pie, or pot pie, when I made the gravy.
Soy curls are way better than TVP - they're just non-gmo soybeans and water , just texturized not overprocessed. I rehydrate in broth, then saute in a little oil, and add sauce or gravy. So good!
I have not tried them. Perhaps I will.

I make cottage pie quite often. Everyone likes it when they try it.

I usually use either ground soya or finely chopped seitan. I make a stew with onions, finely diced mushrooms, garlic a few plum tomatoes and red lentils plus the ground soya or seitan plus Marmite and yeast flakes. I usually do the topping with a mixture of sweet potatoes and white potatoes. My favourite side dish is a homemade coleslaw with nuts, dried fruit and a vinaigrette. Delicious.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Lentil & vegetable soup. A multi grain roll with blue cheese. Raspberries and a few Swiss chocolate biscuits for dessert.

Yesterday I soaked the entire bag of soy curls and put the second half in the fridge. Today I sauteed them covered in hot sauce till they crisped a bit and had on a bun with vegan mayo. I can't believe these things aren't sold everywhere, they're the best vegan specific food I think I've ever had <3

Leftover lentil & vegetable soup. A slice of toasted sourdough ww bread with blue cheese. Raspberries for dessert.
A glass of full bodied Bordeaux.

Leftover lentil & vegetable soup. A slice of toasted sourdough ww bread with blue cheese. Raspberries for dessert.
A glass of full bodied Bordeaux.
Is it vegan blue cheese? I would like that! I made crispy soy curls in hot sauce and a blu chese dip would have been fabulous!
I have seen recipes that use a culture and fermentation, but I'm not gonna do all that!

Anyone like Daiya blue cheese dressing? I know someone here reviewed it once

Is it vegan blue cheese? I would like that! I made crispy soy curls in hot sauce and a blu chese dip would have been fabulous!
I have seen recipes that use a culture and fermentation, but I'm not gonna do all that!

Anyone like Daiya blue cheese dressing? I know someone here reviewed it once

No it's French blue cheese. We don't get non dairy blue cheese over here.

No it's French blue cheese. We don't get non dairy blue cheese over here.
We may have some brand too expensive for me to even look at, but I don't miss it that badly anyway. I love olives in salads, and love tofu ricotta marinated in miso, nooch, lemon, olive brine and if I'm lucky, the oil and herbs some olives get packed in!
I've been meaning to try a hard cashew cheese with those ingredients, but haven't yet

A co-worker asked about using jackfruit. It's been sooo long that I tried it I don't remember how I felt about it, other than thinking-eh? I got a couple cans at Trader Joes so I'm gonna do a BBQ with one and give him the other. I bought a package of Flatout bread at the discount store so I'll be thinking of @MadamSarcastra! The everything one

Jackfruit is so weird! I hate how it looks. I mushed it up in a colander and rinsed. Sprinkled with spices - smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic and onion powder. Simmered in a bit of oil, broke it up some more. Added Sweet Baby Rays BBQ and some water and simmered some more. It tastes good, textures weird! I can't even rate it because I don't dislike it, I had it on the flatbread with some Just Mayo- which can make everything better. I wouldn't eat it on it's own though

Status
Not open for further replies.