Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure I wanted to make anything when I got home... not in cooking mode. :| Plus, I had a snack before I left & had a few pita chips with some of the spin-art dip I brought to Jer's.

Then I remembered, I've got a jar of organic pasta sauce! Hell, yeah! All I need to do is boil some freakin' water.... LMAO :up:

Leftover Madras style Quorn & bn squash curry served with brown rice and sliced bananas.
An orange for dessert.
A small glass of Bordeaux.

Reactions: Val
I am going to make the vegan shepherd's pie. I made a seitan loaf last night, and I will chop it up and use it for the shepherd's pie. The potatoes are ready as well. I will just have to assemble and bake. I might add gravy to the chopped seitan, along with some sautéed onions. I had two slices of the loaf last night, and it was delicious.
Here is the recipe in case anyone is interested. You have to scroll down a bit.

Lentil & vegetable soup.
A chicory salad with bacon bits, yeast flakes and vinaigrette.
An orange for dessert.

Vegan shepherd's pie and a salad of spinach, carrots, onions, banana peppers, olives and walnuts topped with Italian dressing.

Caramelised tofu and courgettes with various spices and deglazed with pomegranate molasses.

An orange for dessert.
You make everything sound so wonderful!

I have red beans in the Instant Pot and while they're cooked there are some that are still hard :fp:. It's been so long since I've had a bad bag of beans! Red beans are my favorite for chili. I'm just glad I only bought one bag- it's Goya brand.
And I used too much smoked paprika-I'd rather use liquid smoke and cayenne

A soya/wheat burger on a whole wheat bun, caramelised onions, French mustard, melted Tesco Free From cheddar plus some cabbage slaw.
An orange for dessert.

Had to come up with an idea for something quick, no time to cook today....

I'm gonna pick up an Amy's frozen vegan mac-n-cheese at Kroger. I already have about a 1/2 cup of cooked whole wheat rotini & broccoli bits left over from last night... not enough for a full meal, but if I add it to the Amy's thing it might be enough.

If not, I still have two potato skins left.... :rolleyes: LOL

Reactions: Val and PTree15
That looks really good other than those orange dices....:rolleyes:.... sweet potatoes?
Know what I like? Spreading refried beans on the shell...
Maybe I would like that- sweet potatoes. I've actually gotten to be ok with them- with spices at least. I actually threw some frozen broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl, and some diced sweet potato in another and cooked the sweet potato when I got to work. I also had some sriracha to squirt all over it and it was surprisingly ok

I just finished an entire box of tissues since getting sick. The 160 count :eek:!

Thank you! I actually do feel much better as the day goes on. I even showered! Didn't do laundry though...my sheets must be disgusting :confused:, but I don't feel up to dealing with making a bed. Tired, but coughs better.
Did not realize i wrote that tissue comment in the supper thread :yuck: Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.