Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks really good other than those orange dices....:rolleyes:.... sweet potatoes?
Know what I like? Spreading refried beans on the shell...
Maybe I would like that- sweet potatoes. I've actually gotten to be ok with them- with spices at least. I actually threw some frozen broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl, and some diced sweet potato in another and cooked the sweet potato when I got to work. I also had some sriracha to squirt all over it and it was surprisingly ok
Hahahaha, no, that's Chao vegan cheese, spicy tomato.
I'm glad you are feeling better. :)

Those tacos look perfect Ptree. I go out for Mexican food on occasion but I cannot remember the last time I had tacos. I always get something else. I love tacos but I feel like I would want to eat way too many of them, haha. Plus most decent restaurants around here don't have an appealing meatless taco option.

Shop bought pizza. I just added some extra black olives and oregano.
A maple flavoured soya yogurt for dessert.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
As much as I wanted to try what I made earlier, I decided to go with something a bit more gut-friendly. ;)

I still had plenty of frozen diced potatoes, so I threw some into my small skillet to fry in an evoo-Earth Balance mix... added garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, & nooch... lastly, I topped it with some Chao... fermented food is supposed to be good & Chao is made with fermented tofu. :rolleyes: LOL

It's a very small meal for my "main" and it's not very exciting.... :shrug: Oh, well.

Those tacos look perfect Ptree. I go out for Mexican food on occasion but I cannot remember the last time I had tacos. I always get something else. I love tacos but I feel like I would want to eat way too many of them, haha. Plus most decent restaurants around here don't have an appealing meatless taco option.
Thank you, GingerFoxx! They were delicious. It had been ages since I'd had tacos. I've made ones with kidney beans, but I confess I really liked these with the homemade crumbles better. My brother and I used to have a contest back in the day to see how many tacos we could eat. Three was my limit this time, though I think I could have squeezed in one more if I tried really hard. :D

Reactions: Val
Tofu & bn squash Madras style curry served with brown rice.
An orange for dessert.

I will liquidise the rest of the tofu for tonight's leftovers. I really dislike the texture of tofu.:(

I have takeout Indian food leftovers, and I will eat some for dinner: Aloo Gobi with Jasmine rice, and cucumber salad.

A peppered Quorn steak served with brussels, broccoli plus a chicory salad with vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
Berries and soya yogurt for dessert.

We are having a most delicious potato and leeks soup. Found the recipe on the Silk website. They have quite a few recipes that I want to try! Bonus! Very low calorie.

Leftover butternut & tofu Madras style curry served with brown rice.

Berries and soya yogurt for dessert.

A bunless black bean burger with all the fixin's and roasted potatoes.
Maybe trail mix for dessert.

Roast marinated tofu, caramelised onions served with chick pea & corn pasta spirals.

Berries with soya cream/yogurt for dessert.

Orange sesame tofu with veggies over Jasmine rice.

I had some expired rosemary hummus spread on rye with some mayo and sauerkraut :ignore:
and a mandarin.

I took a chance on a restaurant pizza... a place I didn't trust for more than a couple years (someone snuck bacon onto my vegetarian pizza, nicely hidden).... But I'm dealin' with some issues (which are improving immensely), so when my folks asked if I wanted anything (they go to G's Pizzeria every Wednesday & Friday), I said, "Hey, ya know, I would love to try something...."

So I got the only gluten-free crust... flat fee for a 10" & one topping. Of course I wanted NO cheese & the one topping was roasted red peppers.

How f*cking pathetic does this pie look?? THIS is a gluten-free, cheese-less, one-topping pizza?? :argh:

G's1.JPG <---- :rofl:I couldn't stop laughing at it.

Then I added my own: Nooch, garlic powder, oregano, very thinly sliced red onion, pieces of Chao slices, baby spinach, & Daiya cheddar-style shreds (Kroger was out of mozzarella-style)....

G's2.JPG And after! :dance:

A Quorn peppered steak served with broccoli, peas plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes and a drizzle of oil.

Berries & soya cream for dessert.

I could have more of the orange sesame tofu, but I think I want something different. I'm jonesin' for french fries. Maybe I'll do some roasted wedges and have them with either Gardein fishless filets or a black bean burger. I also could take a vegan sausage out of the freezer and have that in a roll with onions and mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.