Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chik'n patty with spicy vegan mayo, roasted Brussels sprouts, spinach salad with Italian dressing, a slice of Italian bread with Earth Balance and a glass of red wine.

Reactions: Val
Chik'n patty with spicy vegan mayo, roasted Brussels sprouts, spinach salad with Italian dressing, a slice of Italian bread with Earth Balance and a glass of red wine.
Almost the same as I had last night, but I swapped out the chik'n patty for grilled seitan and onions.

Warm cauliflower & potato salad with sliced seitan sausage, mustard vinaigrette and yeast flakes.
A persimmon.

I was so busy today preparing for my little party for tomorrow that I had no time for lunch, so I'm having my lunch for dinner: vegan sausage grinder with onions and mustard; potato chips; beer. :D

Reactions: shyvas and Val
My favorite mushroom seitan Mushroom Seitan Roast | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen

And I made that stupid 'cheese' sauce recipe with the potatoes and carrots. I like it ok with some jalepanos and tomatoes, but as is it just tastes too much like carrots. My son likes it, he says it's as worthy of being called cheese as the knock off Velveeta things! Had that with broccoli

Leftover seitan & sweet potato, Rogan Josh curry served with brown rice and sliced bananas.
A persimmon.

I will be having more vegan shepherd's pie and a spinach salad. The shepherd's pie turned out really well with the vegan sausage.

I'm gonna be eating spinach dumplings, gurian-style cabbage, pickled yuba, pickled jalapeños, dried papaya and armenian churchkhele (churchhela).:lick:
Maybe at midnight i'll have a plate of amaranth-veggie black soup. Kuraga is included.:D

Last edited:
Cream of leek & cauliflower soup with a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt, a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus a huge drizzle of olive oil.
A sourdough ww toast topped with mashed avocados and a slice of plant based Cheddar.
Alpro yogurt with apple puree.

I went all out this Lebanese stuffed cabbage recipe. First time for stuffing cabbages!
Lebanese Cabbage Rolls - Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
The filling was much like Dolmas- although I didn't use pine nuts. Too much broth, even though I used half of what it called for it was more than needed. I used the Instant Pot (where are your IP's?)
Anyway, I had more filling because I had a small cabbage, so I poured the broth over the beans, brown rice, lemon, za'tar and mint and found the perfect soup! So very good

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.