Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crispy tenders served with steamed potatoes, carrots and broccoli.
Warm cinnamon flavoured apple crumble made with ground almonds, ww flour and sweetener served with soya cream.
A margarita.
Excuse me, do you mind telling me, what is "ww flour"? (I've always been wondering, since i saw it in some of your posts:D).

I made an Instant Pot full of minestrone! I had two big bowls today, but nothing else... Now I'm hungry and it's after 8 pm:fp:

Wow... I had to look it up, lol. This Woolton pie (or should i say Woolten pie) is an impressive thing!

It's in the recipe section. I wouldn't say that it's something difficult to make as the recipe it is in the Victory cookbook. All the recipes are savvy and teach you how to use substitues and leftovers.;)

I may add that I tweaked the recipe to my taste and added some extra ingredients.

I looked up Woolton Pie and saw pictures. I would definitely like it! :yes:

B25231D3-6303-42C2-BA3E-D19EDCE94767.jpeg 97827A64-1573-4466-93DB-6532252CC08E.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Reactions: Val and KLS52
It's in the recipe section. I wouldn't say that it's something difficult to make as the recipe it is in the Victory cookbook. All the recipes are savvy and teach you how to use substitues and leftovers.;)

I may add that I tweaked the recipe to my taste and added some extra ingredients.
Yay! I've downloaded a scan of an old edition. Now "browsing" it.:D It's quite interesting.
Thanks.:thanks:

Reactions: PTree15
I'm not sure what I want for dinner. Maybe grilled seitan with fried cabbage and roasted potatoes or maybe vegan sausages on a roll with sauerkraut. I haven't made sausages in a few weeks.

Reactions: Val
Yay! I've downloaded a scan of an old edition. Now "browsing" it.:D It's quite interesting.
Thanks.:thanks:

That's not the one that I use.
There seem to have been many cook books with the word 'Victory' in them written during WW2.
I have the one written by Marguerite Patten. It contains many original photos of people during the war and is quite interesting to read. Many of the recipes are really healthy and moreover, quite easy to veganise.

Victory Cookbook: Nostalgic Food and Facts from 1940-1954, Marguerite Patten, Us | eBay

Last edited:
I will be having latkes and apple sauce with my friend who wants to share a day of Hanukkah with me. :) Last year's batch did not turn out well, so I hope I have better luck this year. :D We will have cookies for dessert. I think I want to make either sugar cookies or vegan shortbread. I can't decide. :D

I've got a sweet potato & black bean chilli cooking which smells incredible!

Reactions: Val
I will be having latkes and apple sauce with my friend who wants to share a day of Hanukkah with me. :) Last year's batch did not turn out well, so I hope I have better luck this year. :D We will have cookies for dessert. I think I want to make either sugar cookies or vegan shortbread. I can't decide. :D

I like both. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.