Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Tonight is a two-dinner night. :starshower:

Dinner 1 @ 5:30 was a third of a Vegan Harvest Pizza.

Dinner 2 @ 8:30 will be an Amy's pot pie.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Tonight is a two-dinner night. :starshower:

Dinner 1 @ 5:30 was a third of a Vegan Harvest Pizza.

Dinner 2 @ 8:30 will be an Amy's pot pie.
Oh I so want both!
Years back I'd buy Aldis pie crusts when they were veg shortening. They've had lard ever since :mad:.
I don't know any regular priced rolled crusts that are vegan. There are ones in pie tins, but I don't want that!
I so miss Pizza Huts Peruvian peppers :( and their five topping free deals!

I've had a package of Gardein beefless tips in my freezer for months. Yesterday I bought additional ingredients to make beef stew. My boyfriend works most Saturdays until at least mid afternoon, whereas I have weekends off. I plan to make the stew tomorrow so we can share a nice home-cooked dinner when he gets out. I rarely have the time or energy to make special meals for myself during the week. Saturdays have become just the right opportunity for comfort food and a nice dinner for two.

I've had a package of Gardein beefless tips in my freezer for months. Yesterday I bought additional ingredients to make beef stew. My boyfriend works most Saturdays until at least mid afternoon, whereas I have weekends off. I plan to make the stew tomorrow so we can share a nice home-cooked dinner when he gets out. I rarely have the time or energy to make special meals for myself during the week. Saturdays have become just the right opportunity for comfort food and a nice dinner for two.
I never thought to use the tips for stew. I might have to try that. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

Tonight's meal will be pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and garlic bread. Also, red wine.

Reactions: Mazen
I never thought to use the tips for stew. I might have to try that. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

Thanks! I am going to follow this recipe. The identical one comes up on a lot of websites if you search for Gardein beef stew:

Gardein Beefless Stew

Ingredients:
* 1 package Gardein beefless tips (available in grocery stores nationwide)
* 3 tbsps vegetable oil
* 10 ozs pearl onions, peeled (I used half a yellow onion, chopped)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
* 2 medium carrots, 1/2 inch diced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 3 tbsps flour
* 3 cups vegan “beef” broth (try Better than Bouillon brand) or roasted vegetable stock
* 1 cup dry red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon
* 2 medium potatoes, 1/2 inch diced
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat, add beefless tips and brown on all sides. Remove from saucepan and set aside. Add pearl onions, garlic and celery to saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots, thyme and rosemary and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, then slowly add broth and wine while stirring. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add beefless tips back in and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

It has good reviews on the sites where folks actually commented. If your weather is anything like we have in the forecast for NH the next week or so, which it likely is, I'm sure you'll agree it's the perfect weather for a warming, hearty meal.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Thanks! I am going to follow this recipe. The identical one comes up on a lot of websites if you search for Gardein beef stew:

Gardein Beefless Stew

Ingredients:
* 1 package Gardein beefless tips (available in grocery stores nationwide)
* 3 tbsps vegetable oil
* 10 ozs pearl onions, peeled (I used half a yellow onion, chopped)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
* 2 medium carrots, 1/2 inch diced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 3 tbsps flour
* 3 cups vegan “beef” broth (try Better than Bouillon brand) or roasted vegetable stock
* 1 cup dry red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon
* 2 medium potatoes, 1/2 inch diced
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat, add beefless tips and brown on all sides. Remove from saucepan and set aside. Add pearl onions, garlic and celery to saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots, thyme and rosemary and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, then slowly add broth and wine while stirring. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add beefless tips back in and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

It has good reviews on the sites where folks actually commented. If your weather is anything like we have in the forecast for NH the next week or so, which it likely is, I'm sure you'll agree it's the perfect weather for a warming, hearty meal.

I like to make dumplings when making stew.;)

I am actually cooking today! :D I have a "Sheet-pan Terriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Stir-fry" in the oven. I am using the Gardein chik'n strips. The recipe didn't call for onions but I added one. I have steamed rice to have with it. The recipe is from Betty Crocker but you can usually veganize them.

I am actually cooking today! :D I have a "Sheet-pan Terriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Stir-fry" in the oven. I am using the Gardein chik'n strips. The recipe didn't call for onions but I added one. I have steamed rice to have with it. The recipe is from Betty Crocker but you can usually veganize them.
I'll have to look that up- sounds good with Soy curls and I still have a couple bags!

I made an amazing tamarind rice! I'd been getting frozen Udupi brand. When I was last at the Indian grocery they were out and the man who often steers me to products suggested I try this one-
Sakthi Tamarind Rice Powder
I had made brown basmati the other day for this and just sauted onions and some mustard seeds I still had and added the rice and spices. Loved it! The spice mix is vegan, but the frozen rice was not- ghee probably

Now I'm making a 16 bean soup with lots of green beans I'd forgotten about :oops:. They were so fresh when I bought them and put away in the veg drawer :eek:. Still ok though

The stir fry is pretty good though it needs more sauce. I mixed the rice and veggies together and when I have another serving I will make a bit more of the sauce with the teriyaki and pineapple juice. It called for sriracha but I used sweet chili sauce instead because I didn't want all that heat. A bit more tweaking and it will be perfect!

I still love my Betty Crocker cookbook. I veganize many recipes in it. :)

I had seitan tacos again for dinner. Yum.

Reactions: Val
I'm debating between the baked marinated tofu and more tacos. :D
I went with the tofu in a panini. It was a new recipe, and it was a little too salty for my liking, so next time I will adjust the marinade. The horseradish aioli that went with it was delicious, though.

Yesterday we ended up watching a YouTube cooking channel which prompted my boyfriend to suggest making pot pie for dinner one of these weekends. I just searched and found a recipe for veggie pot pie casserole topped with dumplings. Suffice to say, I think I have the plan for this Saturday's dinner.

Reactions: PTree15
Yesterday we ended up watching a YouTube cooking channel which prompted my boyfriend to suggest making pot pie for dinner one of these weekends. I just searched and found a recipe for veggie pot pie casserole topped with dumplings. Suffice to say, I think I have the plan for this Saturday's dinner.
I have a pot pie in the oven right now. I would have cooked it sooner, but I was on the phone with a friend for two hours, haha. I veganize the chicken pot pie recipe from Betty Crocker (and make my own crust, but not the BC one). I sub chopped broccoli for the chicken and use the peas and carrots called for. It's delicious! I like the casserole idea as well. I love dumplings. :D

I have a pot pie in the oven right now. I would have cooked it sooner, but I was on the phone with a friend for two hours, haha. I veganize the chicken pot pie recipe from Betty Crocker (and make my own crust, but not the BC one). I sub chopped broccoli for the chicken and use the peas and carrots called for. It's delicious! I like the casserole idea as well. I love dumplings. :D
I am probably going to do some hybrid of these two recipes, but in a casserole pan, and add either baked tofu or Gardein chicken strips. I have almost all the ingredients on hand so I won't need to buy much.
Veggie Pot Pie Stew and Dumplings - Plantiful Plates
1-Hour Vegan Pot Pies | Minimalist Baker Recipes

Reactions: PTree15 and Val