Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A salad. A slice of sourdough bread with spread and cheese. A persimmon and some Vanilla flavoured Swedish Glace for dessert.

Reactions: Val
Reactions: GingerFoxx
I made the meatballs from Seitan and Beyond (@KLS52 :up:) and will now start some rigatoni and saute the balls with some peppers and onions!

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I made the meatballs from Seitan and Beyond (@KLS52 :up:) and will now start some rigatoni and saute the balls with some peppers and onions!
You are mad! Mad, I say! But seriously, that’s awesome. I will surprise everyone, one of these days, by posting that I’ve finally made something from the book, lol. :)

Red lentil & vegetable soup with a sprinkle of yeast flakes, a drizzle of olive oil served with granary baguette plus spread and cracked peppered Cheddar.

A persimmon for dessert.

J
You are mad! Mad, I say! But seriously, that’s awesome. I will surprise everyone, one of these days, by posting that I’ve finally made something from the book, lol. :)
Just do it! ;) Try the Maple sage breakfast sausages first- they're easy and great! I do have an Instant Pot- which I can't believe no one here has- yet! It's wonderful for almost everything!

I used the broth from seitens' balls :)p) and made a mushroom, onion, cabbage barley soup! Really good!

Tonight is an Amy's non-dairy bean & rice burrito (it's wrapped in foil in the oven, about 15 minutes to go) and, most likely, some guacamole with chips (gonna go with the pita chips this time, the blue corn strips are too salty)....

Spaghetti with eggplant balls and sauce; a small salad topped with Italian dressing

^ I think I'm going to have pasta tonight.:) I found some vegan meatballs in a supermarket recently and will have them in a tomato basil sauce with penne.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Red lentil & vegetable soup with a sprinkle of yeast flakes and a drizzle of olive oil.

A persimmon plus yogurt and apple purée for dessert.

Reactions: PTree15
A black bean burger with onions, pickles, mustard and ketchup on a kaiser roll; roasted rosemary potatoes.

I think I had it figured out before I went shopping.... Gonna sauté the yellow onion, add the rest of my roasted garlic, add some chopped power greens, pour in the carton of the new Super Greens "creamy" soup, stir in plenty of nooch & spices, and thicken it up to make a sauce... I'll combine that with the veggie rotini & frozen broccoli (which I'll boil together), then top it all of with some Daiya mozzerella-style shreds & bake it a touch....

823C7ACD-0C8C-7E68-A6AEE56F01ACDF4D_medium.jpg
kroger-vegetable-rotini_orig-570x648_0052ccf5-073b-43e1-b1bd-efd15abf5c30_medium.jpg
super-greens-soup.png
primary_43bc449e-e391-45d4-9aad-16335b243bf2.jpg
53343E0C-C6B4-5FBA-4D87-BAA78D526802-5343.jpeg

Last edited:
My Christmas dinner will be squash soup to start and then chickpea cutlets with vegan gravy, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, steamed green beans and cranberry sauce. I made apple pie and cookies for dessert.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I made the 'stewing beouf' from Seitan and Beyond which uses tofu. I added way more herbs then called for, it's very good! Scalloped potatoes, carrots and cranberry sauce. I'll saute the seitan some no boullion stock.
Stores have been out of frozen broccoli here- no idea why. Wish I'd bought fresh, my favorite veggie!
I'd like to make a dessert but can't decide. Maybe try steamed gingerbread again. I made a delicious gingerbread last year but don't remember the recipe

A Cauldron Lincolnshire style banger served with smashed potatoes, gravy (JO) cranberry compote, roast parsnips and chestnuts.

Christmas pudding with custard for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.