Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of my Chipotle (black beans/brown rice/fajita veggies) from Thursday night. Gonna spread a flatbread wrap with plenty of guac, throw on some baby spinach, dump on the leftovers, maybe a slice of Chao, top with the rest of their fresh salsa & some extra tomato... tortilla chips guac on the side.

Lookin' forward to it! :rp:
Did you know you can ask for extra beans and extra rice and they do not charge extra?

I want vegan sausages, so I think I will make some tonight. I will have them with sauteed onions, steamed green beans and roasted potatoes.

Reactions: shyvas and Val
I'm having breakfast for dinner tonight, tofu scramble, baked beans, grilled mushrooms and grilled tomatoes with toast.

Reactions: PTree15
This is my spontaneous day off.:jump: I went to the clinic, got my injections, and came to the only descent restaurant in our community. Ordered pasta and spanish wine.:lick:

I will make a tofu quiche with broccoli, carrots and green beans.

I will make a tofu quiche with broccoli, carrots and green beans.
Do you use pie crust? Is it homemade or what brand? I used to rely on Aldi last year, but now they have lard again. Every one I check has had lard! I know I could get an expensive organic, but It hasn't been that important! :p
I used to use rice but will need to look up what to bind it with. I wonder if you mixed shredded vegan cheese with rice, or orzo, or couscous?

I honestly hadn't the foggiest clue until about five minutes ago. Do you ever get like that? You know you have to eat dinner, but you're not really hungry for anything in particular, and nothing sounds like "it".... That's me now. :|

I think I settled on my last two frozen vegan black bean & sweet corn pupusas (solely because I still have a little guacamole & fresh salsa left)....

They're packaged two to a bag & they're always stuck together, so I need to chisel them apart (carefully), baste with evoo, and bake.

So, yeah... I guess it'll be pupusas with blue corn chips & guac/salsa on the side.

Still not hungry, though.... :bag:

IMG_8133.jpg

Leftover Boston style baked pinto beans served with sautéed paprika and smoked tofu, hassle back potatoes.

Steamed (home made) Spotted Dick with soya cream for dessert.

Last edited:
Do you use pie crust? Is it homemade or what brand? I used to rely on Aldi last year, but now they have lard again. Every one I check has had lard! I know I could get an expensive organic, but It hasn't been that important! :p
I used to use rice but will need to look up what to bind it with. I wonder if you mixed shredded vegan cheese with rice, or orzo, or couscous?
I make my own pie crust. It's my aunt's recipe, which includes 1 egg, but I use egg replacer instead. I am out right now, but I will post the recipe when I get home. The crust comes out great every time.

I did just find Mrs Smiths deep dish pie crust is vegan- it was literally the only one listed! It's in a shell, not the roll out kind which I want
I just don't like making pie crust. I never used egg! I use shortening, flour, ice water and a touch of vodka.
I'll just wait until Aldi gets their crust back to veg shortening :shrug:

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I did just find Mrs Smiths deep dish pie crust is vegan- it was literally the only one listed! It's in a shell, not the roll out kind which I want
I just don't like making pie crust. I never used egg! I use shortening, flour, ice water and a touch of vodka.
I'll just wait until Aldi gets their crust back to veg shortening :shrug:
My aunt calls it her foolproof pie crust because it always comes out fine. I use EnerG egg replacer instead of the egg. My recipe also calls for a tablespoon of vinegar. I forgot to post the recipe, lol. D'OH!

I had a Gardein black bean burger with all the fixin's on a kaiser roll and some tortilla chips. The bean burgers were on sale last week, buy one get one free, so I bought two packages.

Reactions: Val
I got a Tom Yum vegan soup paste and made a delicious soup with baby bok choy, mushrooms, onions, silken tofu, thin rice noodles and a good amount of the spicy base, then added about a half can of coconut milk.
It has lemongrass, tamarind paste, garlic, chilis, shallots, and galangal and kaffir lime leaves. It also has soybean oil, which I'd rather it not, but not enough to be obvious

Yesterday I made a yam/cashew butter smoothie for breakfast. For dinner, I made "African Nut Butter Stew," which has almond butter, yams, kale, brown rice, and beans as the main ingredients with seasonings like fresh ginger and maple syrup. We ate that with fresh bread, though I guess we didn't really need the extra carbs.

Vegan mushroom stroganoff... again. Not that I'm complaining... just feelin' lazy of late. But I need to use those sliced portobello mushrooms I got on discount... I don't have any onion, but I'll probably get to use up my remaining bow tie pasta, veggie broth, & "sour cream".... :)

Vegan mushroom stroganoff... again. Not that I'm complaining... just feelin' lazy of late. But I need to use those sliced portobello mushrooms I got on discount... I don't have any onion, but I'll probably get to use up my remaining bow tie pasta, veggie broth, & "sour cream".... :)
It looks like stroganoff is the one of your favourite dishes;)

Status
Not open for further replies.