Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, I haven't had take-out in so long! :D This evening's late-night din-din will be from Chipotle in Saginaw. I was so happy that my father agreed to stop there after Barnes & Noble. I figured my best bet is to get a bowl of stuff & make my own tacos... theirs would never stay crispy, plus I have old organic taco shells I can crisp up in the oven.

Gonna get a veggie bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, & lettuce, with fresh tomato salsa, green tomatillo salsa, & guac on the side. :rp:

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I think I'll make a miso vegetable soup. No celery :rolleyes: so carrots, onions, mushroom, peas and rice noodles

Reactions: Val
Well, since I made guacamole earlier, I thought I'd stay in that vein. I have yet to try this (or purchase it), but I just got a coupon for a Frontera frozen meal... I checked Kroger online, and they have a veggie taco bowl!

I still have taco shells left, so tonight I'll be having this, plus chips & guac.... :rp:
c67062fb-8a27-4e62-8e43-d33a4805fc04_1.2418b339784af37d0ea5f08a020631ec.jpeg

Even though I have the mushroom/lentil stew and the slow-cooker lentil/chickpea curry will be done this evening, I should really eat up some older leftovers.... So my late-night vegan din-din will consist of chickpea pasta salad (ancient grains penne) with fresh diced Roma tomato added, and the last teensy bit of "cheesy" potato/Brussels sprout sarcasserole. :)

11-4-leftovers.JPG

Last edited:
Made a delicious chowder by cooking frozen cauliflower and broccoli, pureeing them with immersion blender with some of the cooking water, 1/2 cup nooch, Frontier no chic'n powder (which is very creamy tasting!) and adding some plain cashew milk. Then added cooked potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and celery and corn.

Reactions: PTree15
Made a delicious chowder by cooking frozen cauliflower and broccoli, pureeing them with immersion blender with some of the cooking water, 1/2 cup nooch, Frontier no chic'n powder (which is very creamy tasting!) and adding some plain cashew milk. Then added cooked potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and celery and corn.

I've been tempted to try the Frontier no chic'n, but have hesitated because it's in 1 pound bags, and I have been disappointed in the past by various bullion type things.

I gather you really like it?

I've been tempted to try the Frontier no chic'n, but have hesitated because it's in 1 pound bags, and I have been disappointed in the past by various bullion type things.

I gather you really like it?
Oh wow! I got maybe a cups worth in bulk. I do like it- if you know what something like Lipton cup of Soup cream of chicken was like- it's like that. It's salty, but no more than if I added salt, so it's a direct sub for me. Adds a richness.
How much is a pound?

Oh wow! I got maybe a cups worth in bulk. I do like it- if you know what something like Lipton cup of Soup cream of chicken was like- it's like that. It's salty, but no more than if I added salt, so it's a direct sub for me. Adds a richness.
How much is a pound?
On Amazon, $11.88 per pound, slightly less if you buy 3 pounds at a time. It's slightly less on Iherb, but I'd need to bundle to get free shipping. Directly from Frontier, it's $14 per pound.

On Amazon, $11.88 per pound, slightly less if you buy 3 pounds at a time. It's slightly less on Iherb, but I'd need to bundle to get free shipping. Directly from Frontier, it's $14 per pound.
Oh man, I wouldn't pay that for something I haven't even tried! Must be a lot though, That cup didn't cost much at all.

I want to make a seitan stir-fry tonight with carrots, peppers and onions in a ginger-sesame sauce and put it over rice or quinoa.

Cottage pie made with Gardein mince, orange lentils, mushrooms etc, etc topped with mash and olive oil. A coleslaw with goji berries and pistachio nuts. I made a dressing with olive oil, lemon juice and soya cream cheese plus some yeast flakes.

A persimmon for dessert.

I am going to have a vegan sausage grinder with sautéed onions and mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.