Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had a big meal for lunch at a restaurant (Impossible burger with vegan cheese and a vegan aioli with a side of fries) and then a Divine Treasures soft-serve cup of ice cream (chocolate-vanilla twist), so I may not eat the the rest of the day, as I'm pretty full. I usually eat only half the burger when I get it out like that, but I was super hungry and ate everything. :D I had a bunch of errands to run, so I figured I'd get the ice cream while I was out.

I have been having millet and a lentil stew, with some leafy greens, over the past couple of days. Yesterday I also made a baby potato salad, with greens, parsnips, mustard, balsamic vinegar and pepper. For dessert, I have been having bananas, berries (fresh and/or dried), nuts and tahini. All good.

I have been having millet and a lentil stew, with some leafy greens, over the past couple of days. Yesterday I also made a baby potato salad, with greens, parsnips, mustard, balsamic vinegar and pepper. For dessert, I have been having bananas, berries (fresh and/or dried), nuts and tahini. All good.
I've yet to try millet, I got overwhelmed by the variety last time at the Indian grocery.

Reactions: Mazen
I cooked some Garbanzo beans in my slow cooker today. I had some as soon as they were done, and when they cool I'll probably put half of them in the refrigerator and half in the freezer.

Those little buggers take the longest time to cook- I had them in the slow cooker on High for 4 hours. And they still could have used maybe another half-hour or so. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to digest them okay... it just seems I never get them quite as soft as canned garbanzos! I know: I plan to have them with brown rice, so I'll put them in with the rice as soon as I start that, instead of adding them to the rice after it's cooked. A bit of extra cooking should do the trick. Some frozen chopped spinach (1/2 pound, thawed first) added at the end, and I'll be in gastronomic heaven!

I cooked some Garbanzo beans in my slow cooker today. I had some as soon as they were done, and when they cool I'll probably put half of them in the refrigerator and half in the freezer.

Those little buggers take the longest time to cook- I had them in the slow cooker on High for 4 hours. And they still could have used maybe another half-hour or so. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to digest them okay... it just seems I never get them quite as soft as canned garbanzos! I know: I plan to have them with brown rice, so I'll put them in with the rice as soon as I start that, instead of adding them to the rice after it's cooked. A bit of extra cooking should do the trick. Some frozen chopped spinach (1/2 pound, thawed first) added at the end, and I'll be in gastronomic heaven!
I have the hardest time with garbanzos, and I use the Instant Pot! Much, much, longer than other beans. They're the only bean I buy canned and then only use in soup.
I really dislike al dente beans

the bread slab pizza I sometimes buy was 1/2 off due to the date yesterday at the grocery store - so I bought the huge one (20" x 16") and cut it in half and put half in the freezer and then added olives, pineapple and some cheez shreds (it was the spicy version) - it was delicious and so easy - nuts and dark chocolate for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Zatarain's jambalaya box I added some sausage, frozen okra, peppers, onion, garlic and green olives. So easy, some of their boxed meals are vegan.
I do not make these much due to the extra high sodium content.

Last edited:
Zatarain's jambalaya box I added some sausage, frozen okra, peppers, onion, garlic and green olives. So easy, some of their boxed meals are vegan.
I do not make these much due to the extra high sodium content.
I love Zatarains, but yeah, the salt...I tried to copy and after adding more salt I finally got it down :rolleyes:.

I had lentil soup topped with soy yogurt. This time I added a Greek seasoning blend I got from Aldi.
If I had to pick on thing to eat every day it would probably be lentil soup