Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I'm starting in Morroco with Harira soup and then we fly off to India for a curry. My friend Mela sent me the recipe for the soup, which is delicious. I've been making curry with Mediterranean vegetables and beans for years. Both of these dishes were made a few days ago and frozen.

Well, provided I can find everything I need at Kroger, and my motivation (craving) holds up, I'm gonna make vegan mushroom stroganoff.... :dance:

Now I just need to brave the cold, sloppy weather & get my butt to the store. LOL :rolleyes:

Reactions: Val
I had a bag of Chinese broccoli and bean sprouts. I've been wanting hot soup, but never got mushrooms. I powdered the few dried shi-takes I had, used miso, apple cider vinegar, chili garlic paste, and a bit of no beef base for the broth. I only added the greens of the broccoli, and tofu and have rice noodles cooking to add to the pot. Not exactly my usual recipe, but the broth taste good!

Gardein 7 grain tenders served with carrot/butternut squash purée and roast parsnips.

A summer berry crumble made with spelt flour and oats served with soya cream fro dessert.

Reactions: PTree15
Green lentil and root vegetable stew made with smoked paprika.
Blueberries & yogurt for dessert.
A glass of full bodied Bordeaux.

I am going to have a quick meal because I have lots of cooking to do. So I will have Gardein beefless tips sautéed in oil and hot sauce with vegan cheese and onions in a roll along with tortilla chips and salsa.

I have company for dinner and I've made cottage pie topped with mashed sweet potatoes plus normal ones served with slaw made with carrots, white cabbage, goji berries, walnuts plus a sauce made with evo vinaigrette plus crème fraiche.

Raspberries with persimmons for dessert.

Margeheritas for pre dinner drinks served with black olives and almonds.

Since I didn't do the mega-carb-load thing on Thursday, I'll make up for it with a second night of pasta. :p I'm going to extend the remaining Newman's Own marinara... I'll sauté some onion in olive oil, add some diced tomatoes & the rest of the sauce, plus what's left of my cashew-cheese sauce, jazz things up with extra herbs/spices & a little vodka... should be pretty tasty. :)

No need to waste purified water for boiling (the Serv-A-Pure place is closed until Monday) 'cuz I still have a pouch of the "ready pasta" macaroni....

I sauteed onions and peppers with cubed hammy seiten, then added cooked -little hat- pasta and peas. Mixed in vegan mayo with black salt, garlic powder, black pepper and lots of nooch with some pasta water
That was a dish my grandmother would make with ham and egg noodles I'd missed! Wonderful!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
The last (sadly :D ) of my Thanksgiving Day leftovers: chickpea cutlet, cranberry sauce, squash apple back, sweet potato casserole and garlic mashed potatoes.

A Chipotle veggie bowl! :) And due to the astonishingly salty guacamole included in the last order I had, this order (and the next) will be FREE! :D My father has the freebie coupons they sent since the only Chipotle close to us is in Saginaw, right by Barnes & Noble (where he goes every night)....

Yeah, that guac last time... YIKES! :eek: :hurl: :no: Somebody f*cked up, big time... it was sooo salty it burned. :yuck:

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet. I'm supposed to join some colleagues for a going-away gathering for several who got laid off this week. I'm not even that hungry, to be honest. :(

A one pot (braised) meal ; white cabbage, onions, organic carrots, sliced seitan, served with French mustard.
A persimmon for dessert.

The rest of my Chipotle (black beans/brown rice/fajita veggies) from Thursday night. Gonna spread a flatbread wrap with plenty of guac, throw on some baby spinach, dump on the leftovers, maybe a slice of Chao, top with the rest of their fresh salsa & some extra tomato... tortilla chips guac on the side.

Lookin' forward to it! :rp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.