Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm only on my way home yet, but i'm anticipating my mega-salad of raw broccoli, raw shredded beets, azeri tomatoes, citrus dressing and apple cider vinegar. Plus home-made pickled yuba.:sheep:

Reactions: PTree15
I eat vegan junk food when Mr. P is away. :p So tonight I will have the second half of a Vegan Harvest pizza with extra sautéed mushrooms and a little extra "cheese". I've also been drinking a very interesting non-alcoholic wine that I've come to like quite a bit.- St. Regis Chardonnay.

I've had my regular mega-salad of raw broccoli, raw beets, azeri tomatoes, a bunch of canned red beans, citrus dressing and apple cider vinegar, lol:p. Plus pickled yuba, pickled cabbage, and some fresh sorrel.:broccoli: For "dessert": raw pumpkin seeds, dried kiwies, a couple tbsp of flaxseed grist (it's called fiber, because, strictly speaking, it's not grist).

Saturday night I made veggie pot pie stew with dumplings for me and my boyfriend. I made some baked tofu cubes as a chicken analog since my local grocery store was out of the savory baked tofu AND Gardein chicken strips the day I went. Pretty much everything else I needed I had on hand, including the last of the potatoes from the beef stew the weekend before and some frozen mixed vegetables that have been in my freezer forever. So it was a nice in that regard too.

I suggested mushroom stroganoff for this Saturday and when I sent my boyfriend the recipe he said it looks delicious. We both love mushrooms and the recipe I found takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, so we can have fun cooking it together when he gets out of work and it won't be too much fuss. Again, I only need 2 or 3 ingredients I don't already have, so it will be easy on the grocery budget too.
Ever try Butler soy curls? I made a white bean and soy curl stew that I wanted to make dumplings for but didn't bother.
They're crazy good and just soy beans that have been texturized! I buy them from amazon

Reactions: GingerFoxx and Val
Ever try Butler soy curls? I made a white bean and soy curl stew that I wanted to make dumplings for but didn't bother.
They're crazy good and just soy beans that have been texturized! I buy them from amazon
I've had TVP before, but I couldn't find anything along those lines when I was trying to quickly complete my shopping trip after a long day of work. I was counting on one of the other two items being in stock. Figures, I see them every week except for when I specifically need them for a recipe. I may pick up some TVP or similar just to have on hand since it's nearly indestructible as far as shelf-life goes.

Reactions: PTree15
I was going to have a buffalo seitan wrap, but a friend decided to pop over, and she stayed for dinner, so we had pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach salad and garlic bread. Only thing missing was wine. My budget won't allow it until next month. :D

I've had TVP before, but I couldn't find anything along those lines when I was trying to quickly complete my shopping trip after a long day of work. I was counting on one of the other two items being in stock. Figures, I see them every week except for when I specifically need them for a recipe. I may pick up some TVP or similar just to have on hand since it's nearly indestructible as far as shelf-life goes.
Soy curls are very different from tvp! I don't like tvp. Soy curls truly have the texture of chicken--says me, my son who still eats chicken says it doesn't, but he really likes it! :p

Reactions: Val
Soy curls are very different from tvp! I don't like tvp. Soy curls truly have the texture of chicken--says me, my son who still eats chicken says it doesn't, but he really likes it! :p
:D I would like to try soy curls. I've never seen them in the store, but then again, I haven't really looked.

I was going to have a buffalo seitan wrap, but a friend decided to pop over, and she stayed for dinner, so we had pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach salad and garlic bread. Only thing missing was wine. My budget won't allow it until next month. :D

When I'm in the US, I usually buy wine at Aldi or the 99 ct store. They usually have decent wine which is good value for money.

When I'm in the US, I usually buy wine at Aldi or the 99 ct store. They usually have decent wine which is good value for money.
My Aldi has beer, but I haven't seen wine. I will have to take a closer look.

I think I will make veggie chili for dinner tonight, or maybe pasta e fagiole.

The local Aldis all carry wine, including the Aldi Winking Owl label, which sells locally for under $3 a bottle, and is actually pretty good.

The local Aldis all carry wine, including the Aldi Winking Owl label, which sells locally for under $3 a bottle, and is actually pretty good.
I might have to check in neighboring states. According to the Aldi site, the Connecticut stores with alcohol carry only beer. Connecticut has some weird rules when it comes to alcohol.

The "basics":D:
"Vegmeni" (vegan spinach dumplings that i got at our vegetarian shop previously). I eat them with apple cider vinegar, yeast, cayenne and other seasonings;
Georgian-style cabbage;
"Home-made" yuba pickled in citrus dressing, etc...;
Fresh sorrel:drool:;
Pickled jalapeños;
Vegan chocolate by "Communarka";
Kuraga, raw pumpkin seeds.:lick:

:D I would like to try soy curls. I've never seen them in the store, but then again, I haven't really looked.
I've never seen them in stores although they do have a store look up. There is a small vegan shop that isn't close to me that carries them but I never got there! I order from amazon, 3 bags are around $26 and make a lot
If you like jerky they're great to marinate and bake!