Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

The mushroom stroganoff my boyfriend and I cooked together on Saturday was another hit. Even better, we got 3 meals out of it. We had it over pasta on Saturday night, had some leftovers over tater tots on Sunday for lunch, then used the last of it as sauce on some kale/spinach ravioli on Sunday night.

Next weekend, we have decided to create our own version of the potato leek soup that he gets every time we go to the Irish pub near his place. I suggested making Gardein meatball subs to go with it, then we can use the leftover meatballs and sauce to make a pizza on Sunday.

The only ingredients I don't already have on hand are leeks for the soup, meatballs and the rolls, plus some pre-made pizza dough. So by picking up those 4 things, we can easily have several meals over the course of the weekend.

Good luck;) and bon appetit!:rp:
Farro is a fantastic thing.:innocent:
It was very very good! Wish I'd put the mushroom in-I'll saute them separetely
I do like farro very much! Like a cross between brown rice and maybe barley o_O. Denser than the rice with a bit of barleys "goo" but not nearly so much

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
It was very very good! Wish I'd put the mushroom in-I'll saute them separetely
I do like farro very much! Like a cross between brown rice and maybe barley o_O. Denser than the rice with a bit of barleys "goo" but not nearly so much
That's why my favourite grains are farro and barley,- still haven't decided (and i never will) what i like the most, lol.:p OTOH, farro is more chewy for my liking, which makes it satisfying without the fear of overeating.:sheep:

I like farro as well. :) It's very filling. I'm going to have veggie chili again. Last night, I had it over a bit of rice. Tonight, I might have it with some tortilla chips.

Reactions: Val
Cottage pie topped with sweet potato mash plus a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt.
Warm, cinnamon flavoured apple crumble with with soya cream.
Mixed berry infusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Cottage pie served with braised cabbage & leeks with thinly sliced seitan.
Vanilla flavoured apple compote with soya cream.
A berry infusion.

My friend and I are splitting some appetizers from a Middle Eastern place we love: falafel and stuffed grape leaves. I'm also going to cook some veggie potstickers that I got from Trader Joe's. I might make a sandwich with the falafel. I need to make a tahini dressing as I am not sure whether the dressing from the restaurant is vegan.

Braised cabbage & leeks served with a Lincolnshire style sausage and French mustard.
Apple compote with soya cream.

Caramelised onions with a seitan sausage in a multi grain soft bun plus French mustard.
A coleslaw with seeds plus vinaigrette.
A mixed berry infusion.

The potato leek soup we made last night was really yummy. Here is the recipe:
https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/potato-leek-soup.html
We had Gardein meatball subs with it. The leftover sauce and meatballs, along with some mushrooms and bell pepper will be turned into a pizza this afternoon using a ball of store bought whole wheat pizza dough. There is also a lot of leftover soup, which is great.

Stir fried bok choy with ginger and garlic.
Fresh pineapple.
Ooo! Bok choy!:woo: ...If you don't mind, i have a question: how do you like it, in general? Is it worth it?:D (We have it in some big grocers, and i've always wanted to try it, but i don't know whether i would like it or not,- they say, it has a specific taste,- and i don't know which way of cooking to choose [or maybe it's edible raw??], because it's so expensive here, that honestly, buying it is a russian roulette, and i can't afford wasting money on something that i would throw away). Thanks in advance.:flower:

Ooo! Bok choy!:woo: ...If you don't mind, i have a question: how do you like it, in general? Is it worth it?:D (We have it in some big grocers, and i've always wanted to try it, but i don't know whether i would like it or not,- they say, it has a specific taste,- and i don't know which way of cooking to choose [or maybe it's edible raw??], because it's so expensive here, that honestly, buying it is a russian roulette, and i can't afford wasting money on something that i would throw away). Thanks in advance.:flower:

I wash it and cut it lengthwise in two. I gently saute the BC in oil, add some granulated garlic, grated ginger and cover it. I leave it to cook until tender, add a splash of soya sauce and a sprinkle of smoked Cornish seal salt before serving.
It is quite bland in taste even though it's part of the cabbage family. I only paid 1 .29€ for a large pack at Lidl's.

I wash it and cut it lengthwise in two. I gently saute the BC in oil, add some granulated garlic, grated ginger and cover it. I leave it to cook until tender, add a splash of soya sauce and a sprinkle of smoked Cornish seal salt before serving.
It is quite bland in taste even though it's part of the cabbage family. I only paid 1 .29€ for a large pack at Lidl's.
Oh, thank you:hug:. Excellent recipe!:yes: It appears to be, i was misinformed when i was told that it tastes like spicy dill.:hmm: (Where on Earth did i get it??:p). And moreover, if it's of cabbage family, i may like it as well.:???: Actually i've read something about eating it raw (i'm talking about it, because i prefer raw veggies now,- the exception is my epic black soup). Sometimes i see our "Okey" chain carry plenty of bok choy, so i might give it a try when/if i get my paycheck.:lol:

Oh, thank you:hug:. Excellent recipe!:yes: It appears to be, i was misinformed when i was told that it tastes like spicy dill.:hmm: (Where on Earth did i get it??:p). And moreover, if it's of cabbage family, i may like it as well.:???: Actually i've read something about eating it raw (i'm talking about it, because i prefer raw veggies now,- the exception is my epic black soup). Sometimes i see our "Okey" chain carry plenty of bok choy, so i might give it a try when/if i get my paycheck.:lol:

I really don't think that it would taste good raw. Don't you like cooked vegetables ?

I really don't think that it would taste good raw. Don't you like cooked vegetables ?
Of course, i do like cooked veggies. I often make my "mesivo".:yes: I still need to do some research on the subject, but your recipe seems appealing to me.:flower: When i finish my sauteed asparagus, i'll try a variation on your recipe with bok choy. The only exception, you know,- i'll try to avoid oil as much as possible.:D