Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Of course, i do like cooked veggies. I often make my "mesivo".:yes: I still need to do some research on the subject, but your recipe seems appealing to me.:flower: When i finish my sauteed asparagus, i'll try a variation on your recipe with bok choy. The only exception, you know,- i'll try to avoid oil as much as possible.:D

You don't need to add a lot of oil when sautéing the PC.;)

The next dish we plan to make this coming weekend is something I have never tried but often considered. We are going to make empanadas. There are so many great vegetarian variations out there. We've settled on a mushroom-based version. Not sure what to serve them with, but I'm sure I'll figure that out soon enough.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I love bok choy! At the Asian groceries there are many baby varieties, some with more green leaves than others.
I would @Val would like it very much! I usually have it with soy sauce and ginger. Pairs wonderfully with tofu and mushrooms and onions

I had blackeyed peas kale and onions with powdered galengal and red pepper flakes in the IP. I mixed in a can of tomates and chilis after cooking

Black bean & sweet potato chilli ( I added spicy seitan sausages) made in the slow cooker, served with a slice of granary bread toast.
Lemon flavoured Alpro yogurt.

Coleslaw made with grated cabbage, carrots, a blend of seeds, dried cherries, initiation bacon bits, vinaigrette and a sprinkle of yeast flakes.

Almond Alpro yogurt with raspberries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
Making a mushroom risotto for the first time in the Instant Pot. I tried it once before and really didn't care for it- it was thick---ricey---
I bought arborio rice for it, hope it goes well! :rolleyes:

:down: Don't like risotto. Came out fine, just like the last time I had it. Someone convinced me to try again as risotto is "so, so, good!" :rolleyes:.
I think I'd like it with regular long grain or basmati rice. No more short grain for me! I'll make rice pudding with the rest of the bag.

Risotto requires constant stirring, to make it creamy. And it needs to be eaten as soon as it's finished. I like risotto, but it requires one's undivided attention.

I had pasta, tossed with capers, sundried tomatoes, vegan Parmesan, and peas.

Reactions: Brian W and Val
Risotto requires constant stirring, to make it creamy. And it needs to be eaten as soon as it's finished. I like risotto, but it requires one's undivided attention.

I had pasta, tossed with capers, sundried tomatoes, vegan Parmesan, and peas.
The first time I had it at a restaurant and it was supposed to be really really good. I didn't like that, and I didn't like the IP one I made. They didn't seem that different

Pizza hut has any topping large pizza for $10 something! I'm seriously considering....They're loaded pizza are really good cheeseless. If they still had Peruvian cherry peppers it would be a no-brainer :p

Reactions: Val and Mischief
Is it the taste or the texture you don't like?

I've always had texture issues with a few foods, and the texture issues have really broadened the last decade or so.

Definitely the texture of the rice, but also the taste of the arborio rice! Seems different.

I made this excellent stew-https://www.copymethat.com/r/CvK5PjY/african-peanut-stew-plant-based/
of course with changes. I added kale to the cooking as well as spinach after. I used berbere spice and galengal and a bit of cloves instead of the written ones. Very very good, warm and just the right amount of peanutty flavor, which I didn't measure so probably used more

I can officially say we are empanada fans. The recipe we made this weekend was great both hot and cold. The store bought discs were easy to work with too. We actually plan to use the leftover ones to make pizza pockets this weekend in various flavors.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
WW penne with tomato & green lentil sauce (Pamela Westland recipe) with grated Daiya cheese.
Apple compote with almond Alpro yogurt.

Frozen spinach & cherry tomato pizza from Lidl's. I added a pinch of oregano, a sprinkle of granulated garlic and tons
of grated Violife Cheese.

Apple compote and almond Alpro yogurt.

Reactions: Brian W and Val