Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made tortillas, which became burritos filled with refried beans, kidney and pinto beans in enchilada sauce, olives, lettuce and vegan sour cream. Spanish rice with vegetables on the side.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I made minestrone in the Instant Pot this morning with kidney beans and great northern, soaked them overnight. The skins on the kidneys are tough :sigh:.
I guess salting the soak water does in fact help! I didn't add any last night :pout:
Other than that it's delico

Reactions: Mischief
I had a veggie burger on toasted white bread with onions, lettuce, pickles, vegan cheese, mustard and relish and a handful of pretzels.

Reactions: Val
I made minestrone in the Instant Pot this morning with kidney beans and great northern, soaked them overnight. The skins on the kidneys are tough :sigh:.
I guess salting the soak water does in fact help! I didn't add any last night :pout:
Other than that it's delico
This is strange: i always soak red kidney beans for about 8 hrs (without salt), and then just boil it on an average stove for about 40 minutes. Maybe i just like it hard?:rofl:

I had dinner out two nights ago. Stir fried veggies, bean curd and rice at a restaurant. I also had a drink of an apple and ginger shot and then a fruit salad I bought from Sainsbury's. The fruit salad was reduced to 20 pence!:cool:

The Chinese food was so nice that I made a stir fry at home last night and I'm making one again tonight.:) I want to go out and get a pineapple to put in the stir fry tonight.

Reactions: shyvas and Val
Saturday is usually the night my boyfriend and I cook our special homemade meal of the week, but his folks just sold their house and they invited us over for a dinner party before they really have to start packing everything up for the move. Not sure what's on the menu yet, but everything I've had previously that they've cooked has been delicious.

Sunday we will be making a recipe I found for broccoli cheddar soup, and some homemade biscuits to go with it.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Saturday is usually the night my boyfriend and I cook our special homemade meal of the week, but his folks just sold their house and they invited us over for a dinner party before they really have to start packing everything up for the move. Not sure what's on the menu yet, but everything I've had previously that they've cooked has been delicious.

Sunday we will be making a recipe I found for broccoli cheddar soup, and some homemade biscuits to go with it.

Saturday's dinner was a mushroom and pea risotto my boyfriend's dad made in his instant pot. He steamed some broccoli to go with it. Both were delicious and I was sent home with ample leftovers.

We made the soup and biscuits on Sunday as planned. In my boyfriend's words "We nailed it" between the leftover soup and risotto, I think I'll be pretty well set on dinners for the week.

Next weekend, my boyfriend suggested we make veggie gyros. I found a recipe that uses marinates portabella mushrooms as the meat substitute. It should be a pretty easy meal.

Yesterday, my sister and I were talking about our favorite cafeteria meals from high school. That made me nostalic, so yesterday we had grilled cheez sandwiches with tomato soup, and today we had hot open faced sandwiches, made with Tofurkey slices, mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy, and peas.

Made the African Peanut stew again. That stuff is sooooo good!
This is my copymethat version so it's different from the veggiefunkitchen which inspired me-
African Peanut Stew (Plant-Based)
This post reminded me how long it has been since I've made this kind of soup. I've been browsing the different variations online. I found a crockpot version my boyfriend and I will probably try in a couple weeks. Thanks for the idea!

Saturday's dinner was a mushroom and pea risotto my boyfriend's dad made in his instant pot. He steamed some broccoli to go with it. Both were delicious and I was sent home with ample leftovers.

We made the soup and biscuits on Sunday as planned. In my boyfriend's words "We nailed it" between the leftover soup and risotto, I think I'll be pretty well set on dinners for the week.

Next weekend, my boyfriend suggested we make veggie gyros. I found a recipe that uses marinates portabella mushrooms as the meat substitute. It should be a pretty easy meal.

It looks like both of you make a great culinary team together. :up:

A soya & wheat burger served with brussels, ww penne with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of ground pepper.
Alpro almond yogurt with blueberries.
A glass of red wine.

It's a type of farro as it is an ancient grain variety. I often use it when making bread and cakes.

https://nourishedkitchen.com/good-questions-einkorn-spelt-heirloom-wheat-ancient-grains/
Aaa, got it, :thanks:. I think, russians have quite a confusion in terms. Since ancient times we've had only one term: "polba" ("farro"). I was thinking previously that farro=spelt. I've just read (on a russian resource) pretty much the same as in your link. It appears to be that farro has 9 varieties, such as: Triticum dicoccoids, Triticum boeoticum, Triticum thaoudar, Triticum urarthu, Triticum dicoccum, Triticum monococcum, Triticum spelta, Triticum macha, Triticum timofeevi.
So, "Spjel'ta" (Spelt) is the only one of them...:shrug: This is funny: when we buy farro, we never know what kind of it we're getting. Some manufacturers can write what kind of grains are used though, but no one cares.:p