The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that looks a little messy. I am using an iPad mini and everything is tiny, hard to use it.. It won't let me edit the smilies..

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
For lunch today I got salad, potatoes and side veggies. For dinner, I got...salad, half a baked potato, and side veggies. Yeah, I’m definitely going to say something to someone. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Spoke too soon... We have now been told we are under partial lockdown too, only essential travel. I am very worried...

• Sad
Both my daughters have trips planned for March and April. The April trip has been cancelled. Daughter doesn’t want to be in an airport with the current coronavirus situation. It was a nice trip to Costa Rica. But they got a voucher to reschedule but lost the deposit.

The other daughter is going to Iceland in two weeks but her travel companion no longer wants to go. My daughter is not worried about the virus at all. But looks like it’s leaning toward them not going. So far no luck with getting reimbursed or rescheduling for her though. That’s a good chunk of money down the drain. 🤦‍♀️ She’s pretty annoyed.

That is annoying they wouldn't refund, something I'm worried about happening to me. I have flight insurance, but basic economy. Said no refunds.

• Friendly
All tourists in many countries are being made to isolate for 2 weeks on arrival. In NZ they are deporting tourists who do not isolate for the first 2 weeks... Not sure how long she will be in Iceland but it definitely isn't worth coming to NZ right now unless there long term.. And right now everything is shutting

I'm going out tomorrow but I expect it to be mad.... Nzers are losing their **** apparently, even this afternoon we couldn't make phone calls as the phone lines got jammed after the prime ministers announcement...

• Wow
We should be on lockdown here. It's being left too late & people are not taking the whole situation seriously.

On another note, we are actually going to run out of toilet paper if we can't find some soon. :joy:

We should be on lockdown here. It's being left too late & people are not taking the whole situation seriously.

On another note, we are actually going to run out of toilet paper if we can't find some soon. :joy:

I totally agree. Even when in a lockdown, it doesn't mean that you can't go out for essentiel items.

I'm going to watch Good Morning Britain on ITV as Piers Morgan was already requesting that the UK should be on
a LD since last week. He is blaming the government for their too laid back attitude. He was already furious last week, so
well' see what he will have to say later on...............:cold_sweat:

It'll be interesting to see what Dr Hilary has to say about the actual situation. Yesterday, looked like a Bank Holiday with thousands
that where out and about. :rolleyes:

It’s raining! I like it. 🌧
I like it when it rains too: at such moments, subconsciously, it seems to me that the Earth (our area at least) gets cleaned up from EVERYTHING (including viruses... and violence... and sociopaths... etc.)
Seriously speaking,- with the rain, streets get cleaned up from bacteriae that dwell in the dust when it's dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
I totally agree. Even when in a lockdown, it doesn't mean that you can't go out for essentiel items.

I'm going to watch Good Morning Britain on ITV as Piers Morgan was already requesting that the UK should be on
a LD since last week. He is blaming the government for their too laid back attitude. He was already furious last week, so
well' see what he will have to say later on...............:cold_sweat:

It'll be interesting to see what Dr Hilary has to say about the actual situation. Yesterday, looked like a Bank Holiday with thousands
that where out and about. :rolleyes:

Ugh... walking along the aisles with toilet paper in Okey mall yesterday evening, i regretted i can't send some to all of you. Because TP is in abundance here,- moreover, many brands are on big discounts. Time showed, that russians are absolutely indifferent to the issue of stocking up on TP, because they think: "Ok, if there is going to be a total quarantine,- then we have our bidets, bathtubs and bathroom sinks at home to wash our bцtts.
P.S. it looks like everybody in the world (a.k.a. in Europe) was amazed why Boris Johnson didn't want to take quarantine measures and to set restrictions until the very last minute. I'm glad they (the measures) are being taken (but if they had been taken earlier, it could have allowed to avoid so many deaths).:hmm: His father said (i saw it on the news): "If i want to go to a pub - i'll go to a pub". ...maybe due to people like him, everything is being closed completely.:sigh:

So I had been whining awhile back, about how I can no longer get my favorite soy protein drink anymore because it’s been discontinued. I tried Soylent but found the taste to be pretty yuck.

Thanks to C19, the last time I was in the supermarket, I saw that they had Silk chocolate soy milk and I decided to buy a half gallon. I figured if I was going to be quarantined, chocolate milk would be a fun thing to have lol. Then it occurred to me. There are 8 grams of protein in an 8 ounce cup. There were 11 grams of protein in 12 ounces of my favorite protein drink. So granted, the soy milk may not have all of the same nutrients the protein drink had, but I really only wanted it for the protein anyway. I can buy chocolate soy milk and carry that with me when I’m going to be away from home and I need a quick boost.

When I am at home, I can still add the banana and peanut butter to make it little more substantial. Yeah...problem solved!

Hello all

Well, I am self-isolating, as we think Mum might have Covid-19. Dad weirdly has no signs of it, but, Mum is going around in gloves and distancing, and disinfecting everything. Fortunately they have 2 bathrooms. And toilet paper!

She dismissed it as a cold, but, had the signs of: fever, cough, headache and we all nagged her to get checked/seek advice. So hadn't seen her for last 2 weeks. Not getting better, she just rang and said a doctor visited her in full hazmat suit and dispensed anti-biotics! 😨 No admittance to hospital suggested or full test taken as far as I know.

Fortunately, she decided to self-isolate just in case 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, my brother has picked it up from her, as he saw her last week. Now heard my other brother, in a completely different area 200 miles away, has a suspected case. As he was retired, he phoned to tell us he was being called back in, as a front line worker but hadn't actually started back yet....

Going to try and get groceries for them but leave on their doorstep to make sure they are ok and self-isolate properly. I did have the hot sweats and headache a couple of weeks ago, but, don't know if I have had a mild case, or, it's blummin' menopause. Shocked about the phone call and it's still sinking in. Trying not to worry, but, she has several health problems, and nearly 80 years old. Really hoping to God that she is going to be ok.

Stay safe all of you. Take care of you and yours. <3

Hello all

Well, I am self-isolating, as we think Mum might have Covid-19. Dad weirdly has no signs of it, but, Mum is going around in gloves and distancing, and disinfecting everything. Fortunately they have 2 bathrooms. And toilet paper!

She dismissed it as a cold, but, had the signs of: fever, cough, headache and we all nagged her to get checked/seek advice. So hadn't seen her for last 2 weeks. Not getting better, she just rang and said a doctor visited her in full hazmat suit and dispensed anti-biotics! 😨 No admittance to hospital suggested or full test taken as far as I know.

Fortunately, she decided to self-isolate just in case 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, my brother has picked it up from her, as he saw her last week. Now heard my other brother, in a completely different area 200 miles away, has a suspected case. As he was retired, he phoned to tell us he was being called back in, as a front line worker but hadn't actually started back yet....

Going to try and get groceries for them but leave on their doorstep to make sure they are ok and self-isolate properly. I did have the hot sweats and headache a couple of weeks ago, but, don't know if I have had a mild case, or, it's blummin' menopause. Shocked about the phone call and it's still sinking in. Trying not to worry, but, she has several health problems, and nearly 80 years old. Really hoping to God that she is going to be ok.

Stay safe all of you. Take care of you and yours. <3
So sorry to hear about all your ordeal. May i give you a virtual hug? (((Hugs))).:hug: Hang in there.⛵ ...And keep us informed.23:laptop:

So sorry to hear about all your ordeal. May i give you a virtual hug? (((Hugs))).:hug: Hang in there.⛵ ...And keep us informed.23:laptop:

Hello Val

Thank you, a virtual one is all I am going to get for a while.... It unfortunately does seem like here in the UK is going to be bad, still can't believe the people ignoring social distancing, so everything is being closed, parks, cafes, gyms, schools, etc. The PM is hinting at more draconian measures. I may be walking the dog in the dark...

Been browsing on here to distract myself, but, I have decided to do a deep clean at home just in case. Even down the back of the kitchen cupboards and behind the fridge, which might make me want to 🤮.:hide:

Will let you all know when I know more. Take care all. :rose:

M feels like she has a cold coming. I'm quarantining myself just in case. She hasn't been out for months so I don't know how she could have picked anything up before me. I'm hoping it is psychological because she had a hard time emotionally earlier listening to the news about Trump, sanctions and corona in the middle east.
Seems like it was a false alarm. M gets sinus problems and the emotions she had yesterday were loosening everything and making her feel like she had a cold but she feels fine today thankfully. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.