The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Val

Thank you, a virtual one is all I am going to get for a while.... It unfortunately does seem like here in the UK is going to be bad, still can't believe the people ignoring social distancing, so everything is being closed, parks, cafes, gyms, schools, etc. The PM is hinting at more draconian measures. I may be walking the dog in the dark...

Been browsing on here to distract myself, but, I have decided to do a deep clean at home just in case. Even down the back of the kitchen cupboards and behind the fridge, which might make me want to 🤮.:hide:

Will let you all know when I know more. Take care all. :rose:

Piers Morgan on GMB (today) called them morons. :confused:

Morning/afternoon y'all! First Monday of no work. The weather is beautiful but hot; it is way too hot for this time of year. The state has now closed all the state parks and Flagler county (the one just north of my county) has closed the beaches. It is going to be really boring for a while! I took a short walk around my complex yesterday but it is too hot for me to be out much. I am letting fresh air into my apartment in the morning and trying to hold off as long as possible before turning on the AC. Being home all the time and it being so hot is not going to help my power bill!

Seems like it was a false alarm. M gets sinus problems and the emotions she had yesterday were loosening everything and making her feel like she had a cold but she feels fine today thankfully. ;)
That’s good to hear but make sure she keeps a check on it! :)

I'm going out tomorrow but I expect it to be mad.... Nzers are losing their **** apparently, even this afternoon we couldn't make phone calls as the phone lines got jammed after the prime ministers announcement...
What do you mean by "being jammed"? And what announcement? About the lockdown? I'm sorry,- i listen to NZ "The Hits", 97.4 every single day (when i'm out), but i'm only getting ready to have a walk now. Maybe after listening to it for a half an hour, i'll get my head around it...
Yeah, it reminded me that everything in the world is being changed every minute. It's getting late: i'm gonna get out, put ear-buds into my ears, turn on 97.4 frequency and get the latest news.
Anyway, sorry to hear about the lockdown. Be careful in there!:hug:

Spoke too soon... We have now been told we are under partial lockdown too, only essential travel. I am very worried...
ETA: oh, i've just listened to this announcement on 97.4 (sounds pretty disturbing). They say that key services will continue working even if NZ is forced into a "level-4" quarantine..... but who will want to go outside?... So very sad.
OTOH, our government, vice versa, could have thought of putting Moscow into quarantine. Moscow is a very dangerous place now: it's being registered more and more cases over there every day. :hmm:

Last edited:
Hey everyone! How are the now staying at home working people doing? I have read a book today. It was a small book of short stories but maybe I should slow down a little. I did get an email from the library that I can come pick up (curbside delivery) a book I had reserved. It is a much larger book and will take a few days to read I think. I watched last night's The Walking Dead and the final episode of The Mandalorian also this morning. I also took a short walk around the complex before the temperature heated up. I held off turning on the AC until 2:30. It is now 86 F outside.

Oh I speak Russian very well, as long as there is the English translation next to it ;)
That's exactly what Caitlin (Madam Sarcastra) told me once,- she sent me a picture with words "С Новым Годом" ("Happy new year").😁

Reactions: Blues
Hey everyone! How are the now staying at home working people doing? I have read a book today. It was a small book of short stories but maybe I should slow down a little. I did get an email from the library that I can come pick up (curbside delivery) a book I had reserved. It is a much larger book and will take a few days to read I think. I watched last night's The Walking Dead and the final episode of The Mandalorian also this morning. I also took a short walk around the complex before the temperature heated up. I held off turning on the AC until 2:30. It is now 86 F outside.

That is what I am doing with books now. I am rationing myself. :)

I stopped watching The Walking Dead when Negan came in but I read the other day that it has picked up a lot. We might start watching it again while we are both indoors so much.

That's exactly what Caitlin (Madam Sarcastra) told me once,- she sent me a picture with words "С Новым Годом" ("Happy new year").😁

OMG, I was about to say "You know vegan Caitlin?" and I realised you meant someone different.:laughing:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC

I stopped watching The Walking Dead when Negan came in but I read the other day that it has picked up a lot. We might start watching it again while we are both indoors so much.

OMG, I was about to say "You know vegan Caitlin?" and I realised you meant someone different.:laughing:

The Walking Dead has improved a LOT since Angela Kang became the show runner.

The Walking Dead has improved a LOT since Angela Kang became the show runner.

What series was that?

Most people I talk to stopped watching a little bit after I did so I don't know anyone who still is watching it.

I would probably have to watch it all from where I left off though as I never read the comics.

I'll probably express a criminal thought, but haven't you ever had a feeling, that humankind has jinxed itself with lots of movies around this theme. I mean, movies like "Zombie apocalypse", "Strain", etc., etc... In which people get contaminated by something, or bitten by zombies, and then they walk around as usual, with no idea that they're contagious and posing a threat, and eventually they're contaminating everyone around. As a result, quarantine is everywhere, the cities are empty, people fight for food and other supplies, there are tons of garbage on the streets, economics failed, chaos is everywhere... the list can go on and on...
It's a horror movie that has become a reality, and it was predicted in so many movies and books (like it seemed appealing)... but it doesn't seem appealing anymore (in reality).
Why such things happen? Because this part of culture that tends to possess human collective mind, creates a vicious egregor (thoughtform), and this egregor forms a new reality.
Sorry, can't explain it better (the lack of English grammar, lol).
Anyway, i've had this feeling for quite some time: that a zombie apocalypse has begun, and i can't get rid of it.:pout: *virtual facepalm*, as a real facepalm is not allowed.🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TofuRobot
What series was that?

Most people I talk to stopped watching a little bit after I did so I don't know anyone who still is watching it.

I would probably have to watch it all from where I left off though as I never read the comics.

I have watched TWD from the beginning and did struggle through a few seasons. I have also read the entire graphic novel. If you have the time, you might want to get back into it.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven and Val

I mean Madam Sarcastra, a.k.a. Caitlin Berry (the former member of VV). You have to remember her very well, as she's merely unforgettable.😁

I’m only behind on the current season. I think I watched the first two episodes then lost interest. I’m not sure if I can stream it anywhere so I might have to wait until we are settled in our new home and get cable so I can play catch up.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I’m only behind on the current season. I think I watched the first two episodes then lost interest. I’m not sure if I can stream it anywhere so I might have to wait until we are settled in our new home and get cable so I can play catch up.

You can stream it from AMC if you have a cable subscription where you are staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.