The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooraaaay!:starshower: I've got my wages!!:clp: (Sorry, couldn't help: i need it so desperately, that i was dabbing my bank app every 30 minutes, and my battery is quite low now. But i have my accumulator with me, so i don't really care). It's small (it's the 2nd wages, but it will allow me to stock up on smth. else and to get some more painkillers, if they're still available). I devoured a painkiller pill (Gabapentin) an hour ago, and i feel quite relaxed now. Walking towards the woods at the moment.:ma:🌳🌲 Aaand... i've just seen first green grass and new green moss!🌱
P.S. I've been calling Elijah... He was still waiting for the evacuator at the moment, OTOH it was approaching, if i understood it correctly. He said that he suspected that it happened because of a mistake made at the car service 3 days ago. So now they'll need to fix it (maybe even for free).

Last edited:
P.S. N2. Blin... Gala's old mother has died. She has just received a call. Poor mite, i feel so bad for her. She's at the country, here with us, and i'm not sure how she'll make it home. If course, mom will take her home. But really: what kind of ****ing day is today???
A little off-topic, but there are 57 new cases of covid in Russia today, including 6 new cases in SPb. WTF???:pout:

Sorry for your loss Val.x

I hope you can rest and get well soon Mikkel.x

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Mikkel
I'm not well. :( I really feel like crap now. Dizzy, cold, my chest doesn't feel right. I don't have fever. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm dead tired after my work week, or that if I'm in fact ill. So I just have to be in quarantine now and see how the week goes and call the doctor later this week if I'm not getting better.
I very much hope that you're "merely" exhausted. Get loads of rest.

If you can, please check in once a day. We worry about you.

P.S. N2. Blin... Gala's old mother has died. She has just received a call. Poor mite, i feel so bad for her. She's at the country, here with us, and i'm not sure how she'll make it home. If course, mom will take her home. But really: what kind of ****ing day is today???
A little off-topic, but there are 57 new cases of covid in Russia today, including 6 new cases in SPb. WTF???:pout:
Please accept my condolences, Val.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Thanks all. I will check in and say hey. I'm not in the high risk group, even though I do can get a crappy time if I get it.

One week with work, worries, bad sleep and little sleep don't make anything better... But shouldn't give me sore throat either...

It just occurred to me that lockdowns must be quite terrifying for people who live alone and doesn't have the Internet. Or is that just my Internet addiction talking? And then I thought of @Tom L. who I believe only accesses the Internet from the library.
Yeah, I would be climbing the walls (or would be calling every single person in my contacts list just to "check in" lol). Feeling fortunate for internet right now.

I'm pretty frightened about the necessity of "travelling" by subway trains (and being inside the subway in general), and i'm avoiding it by all means, but it looks like tomorrow, i'll have to go to "Merchant's court" ("Gostinyi dvor") mall again (i'll try to be as careful as possible). It's located on Nevsky avenue (@shyvas probably knows this place very well).
After i got some money, i decided to try and get some more Methylcobalamin from the US,:woo: because the situation is getting worse day by day,- plus i realize that all American supplements that are left in that sports shop's stock ("Muscle") - is ALL that is left. So, while riding a suburban train (with Gala), i ordered a jar of the same capsules. Gala was pretty judgemental about me "traipsing around the city", but she, OTOH, doesn't really care that cash is not the best way to make payments.
Anyway, in less than 2 minutes, the manager called me, and it appeared to be that it was that clueless girl who messed up with my order once. I said i was glad to hear her. I also asked: "So, are there no more supplements from California?" She said: "No, there hasn't been any supply of American supplements yet". I knew it without words of that girl, but she confirmed my worst assumptions. I wished her luck, and she solemnly promised that she would double-check everything this time. I also repeated to her all parameters of my order. Now i hope, that if i get this jar tomorrow, i'll have a 4-months supply of Methylcobalamin, but i won't be taking it every day. When quarantine is over (it hasn't begun yet, but it will begin somedays, and it may last until September, at least), ...when it's over,- i'll have my bloodwork done (or, if i'm afraid of visiting the clinic, i'll just find some russian supplements).
Anyway, no one can afford getting into hospital now because of his own stupidity. Even mom delayed her surgery on her old uterine prolapse. I hope she makes it until normal healthcare becomes available.
Gala has been calling her mother's friend (in Moscow), inviting her to the funeral, and (i don't know why) she was very surprised(!) that Moscow is almost on LD: at least elderly is obligated to stay at home. (Lol, i beg your pardon: i have absolutely no idea how to use "elderly" word in a sentence,- the linguistic barrier, haha). Eventually, Gala decided to cremate her mother's body, because it's more safe, cheaper, easier and faster. She will insert the vessel with her mother's ashes into one of memorial walls (it's a gigantic "cemetery" for cremated people near the crematorium).
Unghshu is in Okey mall now. I'll have to be very frugal, but i still will be trying to get one can of veggies at a time. I'll also buy some treats, like pickled yuba and Georgian-style cabbage.:drool:
What i appreciate - is that Moscow's mayor allowed the people over 60 to go to their summer cottages and spend the days of quarantine there (because Italian authorities haven't allowed that, under no circumstances,- i heard it in the news).
Some countryside views at prolongued sunset:
Our 28th road, our pine and the woods from afar.
IMG_20200324_204207.jpg

Muddy road next to the woods.
IMG_20200324_204617.jpg

Spring transparent woods next to our cottage, and garbage in the icy ditch.
IMG_20200324_204322.jpg

Abstraction pond with the last ice at our 28th road.
IMG_20200324_204118.jpg

Gala and mom on the 30th road, on our way to the bus stop.
IMG_20200324_203816.jpg

A picturesque ditch with thin ice.
IMG_20200324_203543.jpg

Frozen dry grass.
IMG_20200324_203434.jpg

At the railway platform.
IMG_20200324_203255.jpg

Polar day is approaching slowly: this photo was taken at 6.30p.m. (in Tosno, on the bridge over the railways), and the photo below was taken at 7.50p.m. (in Kolpino, on my way to Okey mall).
IMG_20200324_203114.jpg

IMG_20200324_202958.jpg

I'm pretty frightened about the necessity of "travelling" by subway trains (and being inside the subway in general), and i'm avoiding it by all means, but it looks like tomorrow, i'll have to go to "Merchant's court" ("Gostinyi dvor") mall again (i'll try to be as careful as possible). It's located on Nevsky avenue (@shyvas probably knows this place very well).
After i got some money, i decided to try and get some more Methylcobalamin from the US,:woo: because the situation is getting worse day by day,- plus i realize that all American supplements that are left in that sports shop's stock ("Muscle") - is ALL that is left. So, while riding a suburban train (with Gala), i ordered a jar of the same capsules. Gala was pretty judgemental about me "traipsing around the city", but she, OTOH, doesn't really care that cash is not the best way to make payments.
Anyway, in less than 2 minutes, the manager called me, and it appeared to be that it was that clueless girl who messed up with my order once. I said i was glad to hear her. I also asked: "So, are there no more supplements from California?" She said: "No, there hasn't been any supply of American supplements yet". I knew it without words of that girl, but she confirmed my worst assumptions. I wished her luck, and she solemnly promised that she would double-check everything this time. I also repeated to her all parameters of my order. Now i hope, that if i get this jar tomorrow, i'll have a 4-months supply of Methylcobalamin, but i won't be taking it every day. When quarantine is over (it hasn't begun yet, but it will begin somedays, and it may last until September, at least), ...when it's over,- i'll have my bloodwork done (or, if i'm afraid of visiting the clinic, i'll just find some russian supplements).
Anyway, no one can afford getting into hospital now because of his own stupidity. Even mom delayed her surgery on her old uterine prolapse. I hope she makes it until normal healthcare becomes available.
Gala has been calling her mother's friend (in Moscow), inviting her to the funeral, and (i don't know why) she was very surprised(!) that Moscow is almost on LD: at least elderly is obligated to stay at home. (Lol, i beg your pardon: i have absolutely no idea how to use "elderly" word in a sentence,- the linguistic barrier, haha). Eventually, Gala decided to cremate her mother's body, because it's more safe, cheaper, easier and faster. She will insert the vessel with her mother's ashes into one of memorial walls (it's a gigantic "cemetery" for cremated people near the crematorium).
Unghshu is in Okey mall now. I'll have to be very frugal, but i still will be trying to get one can of veggies at a time. I'll also buy some treats, like pickled yuba and Georgian-style cabbage.:drool:
What i appreciate - is that Moscow's mayor allowed the people over 60 to go to their summer cottages and spend the days of quarantine there (because Italian authorities haven't allowed that, under no circumstances,- i heard it in the news).
Some countryside views at prolongued sunset:
Our 28th road, our pine and the woods from afar.
View attachment 20207

Muddy road next to the woods.
View attachment 20208

Spring transparent woods next to our cottage, and garbage in the icy ditch.
View attachment 20209

Abstraction pond with the last ice at our 28th road.
View attachment 20210

Gala and mom on the 30th road, on our way to the bus stop.
View attachment 20211

A picturesque ditch with thin ice.
View attachment 20212

Frozen dry grass.
View attachment 20213

At the railway platform.
View attachment 20214

Polar day is approaching slowly: this photo was taken at 6.30p.m. (in Tosno, on the bridge over the railways), and the photo below was taken at 7.50p.m. (in Kolpino, on my way to Okey mall).
View attachment 20215

View attachment 20216
Those birch trees are so lovely.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Hey everyone! It was nice to meet my sister in Sanford this afternoon. It has been a gorgeous day even if it is very warm. There were a few clouds and a nice breeze and down by the water is always cooler. We shared a veggie sub and fries from an Italian restaurant. (take out only) We walked to a very nice city park which was across the street from the river. Thankfully there was a public restroom available there. We ate in one of the picnic pavilions. There were a few people enjoying the beautiful day; lots of fishermen along the shore of the river. After we ate, we walked up to check out a small park. I posted pictures on Facebook. It is a veteran's memorial park and is very cool. Here is one of the monuments:

IMG_20200324_144346.jpg

This is by the marina so there were lots of boats. Here is a cute little houseboat:

IMG_20200324_145203.jpg

It was a nice afternoon. I don't know when we will be able to get together again.

Those birch trees are so lovely.
Thanks.😏 Those on the pictures are thin, but as a rule, they are bigger in diameter. People often obtain birch juice from its trunk. We used to do it either (in the USSR, and in later years). Nowadays, it's sold in big glass jars, but people continue obtaining sap from trees. It's very beneficial for humans. I wonder, are there any birches in your area? They are not necessarily of this color and pattern. They can be just gray.

A few birches have been planted in the park where the dogs and I walk, but they are small. Neither my sister nor I have had much luck over the years with birches; I think the summer heat here is too intense for them.

in this area, river birches (which have grey bark which doesn't peel as much as the white) tend to do better than the white birches.

I do stop to stroke the birches when I'm at the park with the dogs. :p They are so remarkably smooth to the touch where the bark has peeled back.

I love taking up close looks at various tree barks, mosses, native grasses, etc. There is so much beauty in the world if you stop and look.

Hey everyone! It was nice to meet my sister in Sanford this afternoon. It has been a gorgeous day even if it is very warm. There were a few clouds and a nice breeze and down by the water is always cooler. We shared a veggie sub and fries from an Italian restaurant. (take out only) We walked to a very nice city park which was across the street from the river. Thankfully there was a public restroom available there. We ate in one of the picnic pavilions. There were a few people enjoying the beautiful day; lots of fishermen along the shore of the river. After we ate, we walked up to check out a small park. I posted pictures on Facebook. It is a veteran's memorial park and is very cool. Here is one of the monuments:

View attachment 20217

This is by the marina so there were lots of boats. Here is a cute little houseboat:

View attachment 20218

It was a nice afternoon. I don't know when we will be able to get together again.
I so love your picture with the boats...🛥🚤⛵💖 It reminded me Sochi city (on the Black sea). I had vacations there a couple times: we were living in our acquaintances' flat next to the gorgeous railway station.
But the famous "Marine station" is the main symbol of Sochi and... it's a real marine station. Here are a couple videos:
1) Not very typical, as it was filmed during bad weather, when there were not very much yachts, but, at least, it's not paradigmatic and trivial.

2) Footage from a drone. Not only the marine station but all city can be seen, which is kinda cool.🚁 Don't pay attention to his boring explanations in russian,- they are mostly about how expensive everything is, and about stiff fines for illegal parking. He also said that Putin's yacht was on the video, somewhere on the right.

Not quite related but i can't help sharing these 2 videos about Sochi (aerial footages). They are very pretty and romantic (there are a lot more of similar videos on Youtube).
Eeeehhh... Sochi... Black sea... When will i see it again? (No one knows now). :hmm:

Last edited:
A few birches have been planted in the park where the dogs and I walk, but they are small. Neither my sister nor I have had much luck over the years with birches; I think the summer heat here is too intense for them.

in this area, river birches (which have grey bark which doesn't peel as much as the white) tend to do better than the white birches.

I do stop to stroke the birches when I'm at the park with the dogs. :p They are so remarkably smooth to the touch where the bark has peeled back.

I love taking up close looks at various tree barks, mosses, native grasses, etc. There is so much beauty in the world if you stop and look.
When i was about 11 months old, i used to talk to them: i could walk then,- so i was walking towards a birch (sometimes other tree), giving it a hug and talking to it. My parents didn't understand anything i was saying, but the tree responded to my murmuring by the burst of colors in its electromagnetic field. I didn't think about any "fields" then, obviously, but i did see their colours that were mixing with each other in a colorful "cloud" around the tree (and i was in the middle of that cloud, which is an incredible feeling). This field was also making sounds that no one could hear except me (they sounded in my head). I also was asking them something and they were giving me answers. I was feeling comfortable and happy in the field of a tree, like if it was something essential, something that i should have been doing since birth, like if it's the way it should be. No one could drag me out of a tree if i was having a "conversation" with it.
I noticed that David is also a big tree fan. He loves pines more. When he starts talking properly, i'll ask him what he had heard from trees.

When i was about 11 months old, i used to talk to them: i could walk then,- so i was walking towards a birch (sometimes other tree), giving it a hug and talking to it. My parents didn't understand anything i was saying, but the tree responded to my murmuring by the burst of colors in its electromagnetic field. I didn't think about any "fields" then, obviously, but i did see their colours that were mixing with each other in a colorful "cloud" around the tree (and i was in the middle of that cloud, which is an incredible feeling). This field was also making sounds that no one could hear except me (they sounded in my head). I also was asking them something and they were giving me answers. I was feeling comfortable and happy in the field of a tree, like if it was something essential, something that i should have been doing since birth, like if it's the way it should be. No one could drag me out of a tree if i was having a "conversation" with it.
I noticed that David is also a big tree fan. He loves pines more. When he starts talking properly, i'll ask him what he had heard from trees.

If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend this book:
The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate - Discoveries from a Secret World
Peter Wohlleben

Hi everyone. Still on lockdown and quarantined here. I was getting cabin fever, so since the housekeeper was cleaning my room today, I took some reading material out to the lobby and read there. It was nice getting out of my room for a little while. There was a stream of people wanting to come in, but I didn’t let them in, I let other people do it. Why take a chance? I went back to my room for lunch, she was almost done cleaning so I waited on the bench outside my room for ten minutes and then I could go back in. Lunch was green salad, potato salad and canned beets. I added a little quinoa to the salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.