Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Tonight I'm stuffing some bell peppers with rice and sauteed mushrooms, which I will bake with some vegan mozza on top. I'll probably just serve them on their own. Although, if I make bread this afternoon I will definitely have a fresh crusty piece with dinner. Frozen bread just wouldn't cut it.

weird dinnertime last night - started with popcorn/Frank's hot sauce on it - then had carrot muffins (used the last bit of the Violife Cream Cheez mixed with maple syrup for the icing) - then we were still hungry so had a few noodles with Japanese BBQ sauce on them

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Had soup
The 'lady fingers' I made with aquafaba were not good :worried: . I think I'm done with trying. It's just disgusting.

The idea of aquafaba makes me feel sick too. You are supposed to put that stuff down the drain when you rinse them!

I have used it to great effect a number of times, including making meringues. I have no problem with it at all and I am a very fussy eater!
Yesterday I opened a can of chickpeas to eat with my lunch. I didn't eat the whole can (much as I love chickpeas), and later I decided to add the liquid from the can to the cooking water for elbow macaroni. I added the aquafaba first and put the cookpot under the faucet- and as the fresh water poured in, aquafaba "suds" formed rapidly and wouldn't blend back into the cooking water no matter how I stirred. (Coming to a theater near you: ATTACK OF THE AQUAFABA BLOB!) I finally skimmed most of the "suds' off- they didn't taste like much of anything- and cooked the pasta with no trouble.

I can sort of see how it would substitute for egg whites.

Yesterday I opened a can of chickpeas to eat with my lunch. I didn't eat the whole can (much as I love chickpeas), and later I decided to add the liquid from the can to the cooking water for elbow macaroni. I added the aquafaba first and put the cookpot under the faucet- and as the fresh water poured in, aquafaba "suds" formed rapidly and wouldn't blend back into the cooking water no matter how I stirred. (Coming to a theater near you: ATTACK OF THE AQUAFABA BLOB!) I finally skimmed most of the "suds' off- they didn't taste like much of anything- and cooked the pasta with no trouble.

I can sort of see how it would substitute for egg whites.
They're both equally gross 😝 . I cooked the chickpeas and put the liquid in a jar in the fridge. Pouring it out it glugged just like egg whites.They have never whipped up like egg whites for me, I even used creme of tartar, wiped the clean bowl with vinegar, chilled it first everything they suggest

Tofu with rice and red lentils, with green chard, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red bell pepper and spices.

To make it yummy like I learned from Sauce Stash, the tofu should be drained and boiled with the onions, mushrooms and garlic, before adding the other ingredients.

They're both equally gross 😝 . I cooked the chickpeas and put the liquid in a jar in the fridge. Pouring it out it glugged just like egg whites.They have never whipped up like egg whites for me, I even used creme of tartar, wiped the clean bowl with vinegar, chilled it first everything they suggest
It depends to some degree on the brand. I found some were too thin but I eventually found a local brand that works.

• Informative
Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
Had a batch of leftover Mac n Cheez powder from a week or two ago and so cooked some elbows and added milk and the powder and then added some rehydrated Keene's mustard as I felt it was missing a kick - also cooked up two sliced Gusta smoked paprika sausauge and put them on top.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

It depends to some degree on the brand. I found some were too thin but I eventually found a local brand that works.
Have you been able to whip it into stiff peaks?
I used the aquafaba from dried chickpeas I cooked--it was quite the same as egg white consistency, thick

Reactions: Mazen