Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I bought it once and totally agree about the smell. :confused:

it is weird as we had already used part of the package and it wasn't out of date... I may use soy curl crumbs in the future or beans as it makes me ill just thinking about it

last night my honey made our usual aglio y olio with tons of mushrooms, roasted garlic, olives, onions and it was very good - I had picked up a fresh pumpernickel loaft so we had a wedge each of that also and some assorted chocolate/nuts/seeds for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

with a late brunch we weren't overly hungry so I mixed some dried spicy peppery onions into hummus and put it on pumpernickel bread and also had a few potato chips to scoop up the rest

Emma JC

queens-premium-crispy-onions-spicy_1_.jpg

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Last night, I had whole wheat spaghetti in creamy lemon (from the garden) sauce with melted
Daiya oat cheese.
Apple puree with soya yogurt/cream plus sweetener.
Creamy lemon sauce with pasta? I'm intrigued! Was it the melted oat cheese that made it creamy, or just melted on top?
I have a fresh lemon without any plans
Edit: just saw the recipe, I'd like that with white beans!

I have a lot of food that doesn't fit together :worried:. Everything seems to be missing a link

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazen
Thanks to @SuicideBlonde for the inspiration, I made a quick interpretation of picadillo :)
Had just gotten bell peppers, lots of onion, garlic, half a soy chorizo, cubed cooked potato, a can of kidney beans, leftover diced tomatos, and the star, those cheap salad olives! I used some cumin and oregano, and with the chorizo, and some of the olive brine, thought it was enough. Not in the mood for spicy.
Had enough to taste as it's late already, and really really liking this!
I made rice but don't think I need with this, esp with the potatoes in it.

Creamy lemon sauce with pasta? I'm intrigued! Was it the melted oat cheese that made it creamy, or just melted on top?
I have a fresh lemon without any plans
Edit: just saw the recipe, I'd like that with white beans!

I have a lot of food that doesn't fit together :worried:. Everything seems to be missing a link

No the cheeze just gives it a bit more depth.
Cooked ww linguine or spaghetti al dente.
Save a small amount of pasta water.
Heat a small amount of olive oil with a sprinkle of granulated garlic.
Add soya cream and leave to simmer until it thickens.
Add grated cheeze (Applewood or Daiya oat)
Ground pepper/yeast flakes plus the pasta water.
Take off heat and had micro planed lemon zest and a large amount of lemon juice.
Season to taste and toss the pasta in the sauce.
Add some grated Violife parmesan style cheeze before serving.
It's very rich and creamy and pairs well with the pasta.

I am going to try these vegan chicken breasts again. I was just looking for a sauce that would go with them. They seem mainly cream based and I don't have vegan cream. I might do caramelized onions in a sauce. I will have it with tenderstem broccoli and carrots.

last night we had Sol Cuisine meaty burgers, two per bun as they are thin, with cheez shreds, jalapeno pickled, onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup and a whack of potatoes parboiled and air fried - dessert was dk chocolate, nuts, pumpkin seeds

Emma JC

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
One pot IP whole wheat Italian penne in a kinda bolognese/vegetable sauce ( mushrooms/passata/onions/spinach/roast
red peppers/spices etc served with yeast flakes/smoked chipotle flakes/evo and grated Violife parmesan style/Daiya oat cheeze.

Christmas pudding with soya cream. That was my Christmas day dessert that I didn't have on the day! :D

last night I made rice and then bell peppers/onions/garlic sauted, roasted garlic/cashews, cubed tofu marinated briefly in Japanese BBQ sauce then air fried and then added to the veggies with a bit more sauce - it was amazingly delicious according to my honey (and to me)

Emma JC