Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Gardein Chikn burritos - I keep forgetting that I prefer these on rice and mashed pinto beans in my burritos - added lots of other veggies so they were okay - onions, bell peppers, jalapeno - pico made from green onions, olives, parsley instead of cilantro and cherry tomatoes in lime juice - some cheez shreds and salsa on top as well

dessert is it's own story - in the 'just before Christmas rush' I bought, what I thought were, gingerbread cookies... turns out it was a ready made mix to make the cookies... grrrrrr.... so I did them yesterday only I added a flax egg and applesauce instead of butter and egg... so they were a bit rubbery and chewy and I had a bit of icing left from the last time I made a cake so putting a bit of that on top made them bearable. Had 5 and still have quite few left for the next few nights

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
I made a quick curry with cauliflower, carrots, onion, spinach and chickpeas. The chickpeas were so soft they completely disintegrated! I liked that.

we almost had that... then we decided on pinto/black bean dip with added onions, bell pepper, jalapeno, olives, cherry tomatoes, salsa, chipotle sauce, garlic powder, paprika and scooped up with blue corn tortilla chips - more gingerbread cookies for dessert

Emma JC

More of the vegan hamburger helper, this time with green beans added. I really like adding a veggie to this dish. It takes it up a notch, not that it isn't delicious on its own. I just like my veggies. :)

I had to pick up books and I did not feel like cooking, so take out. I got a lot of stuffed grape leaves with sauced eggplant and handmade pita from the mediterranean market. Hub got the falafel. So yummy, I have some for later.

I have leftover Saag Dal and rice from an Indian restaurant I went to yesterday with a friend. The restaurant had several vegan options (all conveniently labeled vegan), so I decided against my usuals (Aloo Gobi or Chana Masala) and tried the Saag Dal. Delicious! Anything with spinach is good by me.

we had a delicious flatbread pizza last night - I roasted some garlic for it and added some kale when the garlic was basically done - it added a great taste to the pizza - broke up one Italian Gusta sausage on it and had pineapple, mushrooms, green olives and cheez shreds

Emma JC

last night we were still very satiated from our large late brunch so I mixed up a silken tofu onion/garlic chip dip and we had carrot/celery/zucchini sticks raw, cherry tomatoes and jalapeno stuffed olives... oh, and some chips of course - for dessert brazil nut, almonds and a few dk chocolate covered nuts and raisins from Christmas

Emma JC