Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had dinner at the country club and chose the Beyond meat burger that was served in a soft roll with avocado/a slice of
tomato and lettuce. I asked for some Dijon mustard and had sweet potato fries without the cinnamon sugar. I asked for some
chili flakes instead. I was surprised that it tasted so delicious as last week s stir fry was a bit of a disappointment.

I made my favorite seitan--that I 'think' I make as written, but have never used sesame oil because we never have it--but my son recently bought it The recipe has it coated with it before it goes in the oven to crisp,and I used it, but really don't like sesame oil 🙄 .
I also used vegan worcheshire in the simmering broth-forgot the bottle doesn't have a controlled pour top and about 1/4 cup got poured before I could stop :rofl:. Gravy tasted a bit weird.....
and I don't really care for roasted veggies. I have brussel sprouts halved and thin carrots and would much rather have them steamed!
All in all a good meal :clp:

ETA: Saved the potatoes for last because they were good! I may never roast a veg again, at least not brussel sprouts and never never carrots. Why I think I changed my mind? And the seitan wasn't done. I lost track of time simmering,it's now finishing in oven

Last edited:
Soy curls bouillon with casarecce noodles. Other ingredients: kale, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red bell pepper. Topped with mixed colour pepper corn spice mix.

Soy curls marinated with soy sauce, extra virgin olive oil, molasses, liquid smoke, garlic powder, BBQ spices mix, maple syrup, tomato paste, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, ginger.

I was debating making soy curls curry marinade but did not tonight; anyone done soy curls curry marinade?

Hope everything is well. I had a carrot salad with pistachios and honey. What are some dishes you guys make with carrots?
I love carrots cooked together with other vegetables in a soup. Turnip, rutabaga, onion, garlic, celery, chard, any other greens, cabbage, tomato, potatoes, green beans, parsnips, naturalized greens like stinging nettle and lamb's quarters.
Plus I wouldn't make split pea soup without carrots. Really, I like them so much I enjoy them in almost anything or just alone.

I once had a friend whose mom would cook the same side for dinner at least three days of the week--potatoes and carrots, cut in big pieces. I don't remember how she cooked them. Maybe she roasted them?

By the way, I hope you have solved your headache problem.

Last edited:
TG dinner (which was a late lunch) crispy fried tofu with a medley of vegetables in a soya sweet sauce with
tomato jam. The latter was far too sweet so I asked for chilli flakes and added extra salt to the tofu.
Tossed leaf salad with sliced mushrooms and cherry tomatoes/vinaigrette.
Coconut ice cream with berries.

We had dinner at the club and nibbles and champagne with raspberries at my cousin s home before going out.

Vegan Prinskorv, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red peppers and mixed seeds in an Italian dressing) boiled-then-roasted potatoes and Swedish beetroot salad followed by home made mince pies and Alpro custard.

Vegan Prinskorv, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red peppers and mixed seeds in an Italian dressing) boiled-then-roasted potatoes and Swedish beetroot salad followed by home made mince pies and Alpro custard. A glass of Julmust to wash it all down.

Soy curls bouillon with casarecce noodles. Other ingredients: kale, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red bell pepper. Topped with mixed colour pepper corn spice mix.

Soy curls marinated with soy sauce, extra virgin olive oil, molasses, liquid smoke, garlic powder, BBQ spices mix, maple syrup, tomato paste, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, ginger.

I was debating making soy curls curry marinade but did not tonight; anyone done soy curls curry marinade?
Tried this tonight with curry by substituting BBQ spices mix for curry; it turned out really good, except not overly curry-y LOL. Also I served it over basmati rice with red lentlis and no noodles.
Next time, I will make a more purely curry recepie.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC