Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

usually my honey makes the aglio y olio but last night he was busy and we had a lot of cocktail tomatoes so I made it a bit different from a recipe I found online - cocktail tomatoes are bigger than cherry tomatoes (about twice the size) so I cut them in 4 pieces each and put on some Italian seasoning and a bit of olive oil and roasted them in the oven and combined them with roasted garlic and w/w spaghettini - also made what they called gremolata which is basil combined with raw garlic and lemon zest, all chopped and put on top - and a size of half size baguette

it was really good other than my honey had a teaspoon of raw garlic left at the end which he ate in one bite and it about blew his head off... lol ... he loves hot spicy food but having it altogether was too much for him - I loved the raw garlic as I had it spread out through the meal

oh, and the last of the chocolate cake with more lingonberry jam and chopped pecans on top

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

was going to have Field Roast Italian sausage on a bun last night and then discovered we didn't have any buns, so made more pasta instead

w/w penne with roasted garlic, mushrooms, sliced sausage, tomatoes, basil and arugula in the bottom of the bowl

Emma JC

I made American chop suey with the rest of the leftover taco filling. It came out great. I added diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, onions and Italian seasoning along with elbow pasta. Just delicious. Tonight I will top it with some vegan parmesan and have a slice of bread with Earth Balance.

finally found some Maseca instant corn flour in a supermarket and we ordered a tortilla press / warmer / parchment online and last night we made our own homemade tortillas - filling was soaked soy curls (no beef boullion, soy sauce, garlic powder, liquid smoke) then in the pan with BBQ sauce, peppers/onions sauted, cheez shreds, pickled jalapeno - very tasty

took a bit to get used to the press as the tortillas wanted to stick to whatever I put in, first tried wax paper, that didn't work, then tried the parchment paper and that didn't work, then used plastic ziploc bags and that worked just fine - I think the dough was a bit too moist to start

Emma JC

finally found some Maseca instant corn flour in a supermarket and we ordered a tortilla press / warmer / parchment online and last night we made our own homemade tortillas - filling was soaked soy curls (no beef boullion, soy sauce, garlic powder, liquid smoke) then in the pan with BBQ sauce, peppers/onions sauted, cheez shreds, pickled jalapeno - very tasty

took a bit to get used to the press as the tortillas wanted to stick to whatever I put in, first tried wax paper, that didn't work, then tried the parchment paper and that didn't work, then used plastic ziploc bags and that worked just fine - I think the dough was a bit too moist to start

Emma JC
Wow that sounds like a lot of work. Good on you!

Tonight we will be having the leftover Thai green curry that I made yesterday. I put tofu in it, as Wellers cauliflower, carrot, red pepper, broccoli, and homegrown snow peas.

Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
man.... I messed up those Field Roast sausages again.... my honey asked for weiners n beans for dinner, so grabbed what I thought were the Frankfurters and cooked them and when I went to chop them up to put in the beans/onions/jalapeno/bell pepper/spices I realized they were Apple Sage... grrrr

it was still delicious but annoying - he had toast with his and I scooped mine up with tortilla chips

Emma JC

• Sad
Reactions: HappyRoxy