Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm going to make a pot pie with chik'n-flavored soy curls, peas and carrots. I usually use all veggies with broccoli plus the peas and carrots, but I'm curious to try the soy curls in it (and I don't have broccoli at the moment :D ).

I'm going to make a pot pie with chik'n-flavored soy curls, peas and carrots. I usually use all veggies with broccoli plus the peas and carrots, but I'm curious to try the soy curls in it (and I don't have broccoli at the moment :D ).

let us know how it turned out

last night we had a Future Burger with cheez shreds, pickle, jalapeno, greens, onion, mustard, ketchup and a side of potato chips and popcorn for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I got back from my flu jab and had a few crackers with smoked vegan cheeze, toasted pitta bread with houmous and some crisps. Red wine too. I feel okay after the jab so far. Tired for a while and my forehead felt a bit hot, but I took paracetamol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
This is delicious! I'm just eating now (late for me, but no biggie), and I'm loving it with the soy curls. The recipe I use (I just veganize the Betty Crocker recipe) calls for half a teaspoon of salt, but I left that out given the chik'n flavored soy curls were salty enough from being rehydrated in veggie broth. It's wonderful!

North African Spice Soup - so simple and so amazingly tasty... the key is the paste that you make with a tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and add it to the broth sauted onions before adding the rest of the broth, carrots, parsnip, celery, potatoes, can of diced tomatoes - I also added a zucchini that needed to be used and a sweet potato and, of course, the can of chick peas and saffron at the end and a bunch of greens. I also added a teaspoon of garlic powder to the paste and used Better than Boullion roasted garlic soup base and some other low sodium veggie soup base. So comforting on a cold evening. And there are leftovers. Not sure why I don't make it more often, other than I also used real ginger in the past, for the paste, and found it annoying and time consuming to try and grate it. Using ginger powder saves time and irritation. Lemon juice when serving it brings out all the flavours.

Emma JC

North African Spice Soup - so simple and so amazingly tasty... the key is the paste that you make with a tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and add it to the broth sauted onions before adding the rest of the broth, carrots, parsnip, celery, potatoes, can of diced tomatoes - I also added a zucchini that needed to be used and a sweet potato and, of course, the can of chick peas and saffron at the end and a bunch of greens. I also added a teaspoon of garlic powder to the paste and used Better than Boullion roasted garlic soup base and some other low sodium veggie soup base. So comforting on a cold evening. And there are leftovers. Not sure why I don't make it more often, other than I also used real ginger in the past, for the paste, and found it annoying and time consuming to try and grate it. Using ginger powder saves time and irritation. Lemon juice when serving it brings out all the flavours.

Emma JC

I find that fresh grated ginger tastes very different to powdered ginger. I like to use the latter for baking only. Have you either tried
ginger paste ( Aldi) or grating it when frozen with a micro plane grater? :)

• Agree
Reactions: silva and HappyRoxy

Emma JC
I love the sound of that paste concoction! I will be trying this. Tonight I'm going to have more of the veggie pot pie made with soy curls.

Emma JC
A favorite soup of mine is a Moroccan spice with lentils and chickpeas, but I use a berbere spice blend
I really don't understant the ginger thing! I agree with Shyvas about powdered ginger for baking and fresh for savory. I don't peel, just use a grater, not a microplane either,but the wider one
Same with garlic--I love to mince garlic!

I had a cup of coffee and too much dark chocolate :weird:

I've never heard of that before.

It's a mostly Canadian BBQ chicken restaurant with a few in the northern states - a very unique spicy sauce.

Last night we had tacos with Gardein ground/onion/jalapeno, pico, greens, salsa, shreds.

Emma JC