Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Friday was TJ`s Mandarin morsels served with potatoes Anna, French green beans with evo
and an ear of corn with spread. The former was sickly sweet despite having added fresh lemon
juice to the sauce.
Last night I had TJ`s vegan meatless pizza (with a red cabbage slaw/pumpkin seeds/Dijon dressing) which was also a huge disappointment. The crust was a precooked
bread dough and the topping tasted awful. Moreover the vegan cheese didn`t melt.
Strawberries with Aldi vanilla ice cream- very nice indeed. :)

Hopefully tonight I`ll have time to make a home cooked meal; mushroom/onion/crumble rolls (similar to
our sausage rolls) with a salad and fresh vegetables.
1670166943272.png
1670167061981.png

I just made a super creamy & comforting mixed mushroom stroganoff, served over Jasmine rice. I added some brandy to deglaze my pan, which then went into the cashew cream sauce. The brandy really elevates the flavour. Aside from a bit of rice, there won't be a lot left over for tomorrow.

Friday was TJ`s Mandarin morsels served with potatoes Anna, French green beans with evo
and an ear of corn with spread. The former was sickly sweet despite having added fresh lemon
juice to the sauce.
Last night I had TJ`s vegan meatless pizza (with a red cabbage slaw/pumpkin seeds/Dijon dressing) which was also a huge disappointment. The crust was a precooked
bread dough and the topping tasted awful. Moreover the vegan cheese didn`t melt.
Strawberries with Aldi vanilla ice cream- very nice indeed. :)

Hopefully tonight I`ll have time to make a home cooked meal; mushroom/onion/crumble rolls (similar to
our sausage rolls) with a salad and fresh vegetables.
View attachment 28321
View attachment 28322
I HATED that pizza! The vegan 'meats' had the weirdest tastes, cheese was awful, I think I found the crust ok. My son who usually likes what I don't also hated it.
I had the orange chik'n a long time ago. Did the sauce come in a separate packet? I think I saved it and doctored it up for orange tofu--like added chili garlic paste.
Your mushroom rolls and the slaw sound much better!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I HATED that pizza! The vegan 'meats' had the weirdest tastes, cheese was awful, I think I found the crust ok. My son who usually likes what I don't also hated it.
I had the orange chik'n a long time ago. Did the sauce come in a separate packet? I think I saved it and doctored it up for orange tofu--like added chili garlic paste.
Your mushroom rolls and the slaw sound much better!

Same here. I have half of it leftover and don `t fancy eating it. I didn`t like anything about it and it was very expensive.
Yes, the sauce was separate but it was impossible to make it taste good.

I actually cooked! I made chili. I don't use a recipe; I just throw it together. I had some Morningstar Chorizo crumbles so added those to tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili beans and some baby carrots that needed to be used up as well as some veggie broth left over from making my Thanksgiving stuffing. Chili powder and cumin and a little brown sugar added and that's it. It's good!

I find that fresh grated ginger tastes very different to powdered ginger. I like to use the latter for baking only. Have you either tried
ginger paste ( Aldi) or grating it when frozen with a micro plane grater? :)
I used to freeze ginger and grate it. My cousin told me about that method. I don't use ginger much at all so now I just use the powder. The fresh ginger is too strong for me. It has a "bite" to it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Pieminster`s Mooless Moo are the best ever.:p
Oh, they look sooooo nice!

Blog-post-photo-Mooless-Moo.png

Cottage pie made with minced Beyond Meat stew topped with potato and parsnip mash and
served with French beans, peas, corn and a green tossed salad/Dijon vinaigrette.
Apple pie for dessert.

Last night I made mushroom and onion rolls (similar to our sausage rolls) served
with corn on the cob and a red cabbage slaw/pumpkin seeds/Dijon vinaigrette.

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC