Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Last week I found some Japanese curry mix in Hemköp so I bought some because I was curious. Today I made a vegetable curry with basmati rice and threw in some leftover cooked vegan kebab "meat" from yesterday's baguettes. It was so delicious! It tasted exactly like the Chinese chip shop curries you can get in the UK and I have missed those. Then we had homemade mince pies with Alpro custard.
I always see this one Japanese curry, but have never tried it--
2574dce9-56c3-41f3-a500-4f2ad8e29a75.f2ec1a6ccbc987e9791b2ca416fee68b.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
I have soy curls in the oven now turing to kinda jerky. Kinda, cause I added more liquid to the marinade so they're still saucy.
Wondering if they'd be good to have over fresh spinach, just to wilt it? It's spicy teriyaki :shrug:

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Last night I (successfully) made one pot pasta, with red kidney and pinto beans, onion, bell pepper, carrots, garlic, dijon, spices, tomato paste and cubes, penne pasta. It worked out because I made sure there was just enough liquid when I added the pasta and the pasta takes longer to cook with the one pot method.

I have soy curls in the oven now turing to kinda jerky. Kinda, cause I added more liquid to the marinade so they're still saucy.
Wondering if they'd be good to have over fresh spinach, just to wilt it? It's spicy teriyaki :shrug:

Everything is good with jerky soy curls on it. :)

we had popcorn with Frank's hot sauce on it last night and as I was still hungry also had a w/w tortilla with peanut butter and jam

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: bEt and PTree15
perogies and sausage w/onion - I have been buying Future Farm burgers and thought I would try their sausage - they come 5 in a package (smaller than Field Roast) and so I just did 2 of them and am saving the rest for breakfast on Sunday - they were very tasty with a hint of maple syrup
also had some potato chips as I did less perogy than usual

Emma JC

I am probably going to make some kind of stir-fry with tempeh and mushrooms, and try boiling my mushrooms into the sauce/broth, because I just watched Sauce Stache's recent video recommending boiling mushrooms

weiners n beans - finally chose the right package from the freezer and cooked the Field Roast Frankfurters and sliced and added them to the pot of beans which also had onions, jalapeno, chipotle, spices - served with toast - delicious - popcorn for dessert

Emma JC

Reactions: bEt and PTree15
Today, in preparation for my dinner guests tonight, I'm making veggie pakoras, with cabbage & onion, puff pastry samosas, with a traditional potato and peas filling. I will serve that with some homemade pineapple chutney. I'm also making a Kashmiri style soy curl Masala, which I will serve with some plain basmati rice.

last night we had Gardein Fissh fillets with huge mixed greens caesar salad with homemade dressing

Emma JC
I just bought some Gardein fishless filets for the first time in a while. For some reason my stores haven't had them, but one of them did last week. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: bEt and Emma JC