Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Seitan made with jackfruit, and unfortunately the gravy was a packet mix that was only brown and salty!
Wow! Do you blend the jackfruit or chop it fine?
I have a vegan cafe one town over that serves jackfruit in a Mexican bowl and in a chicken salad. I’m going to try it one day. I’m curious about how you use it in Seitan.

Wow! Do you blend the jackfruit or chop it fine?
I have a vegan cafe one town over that serves jackfruit in a Mexican bowl and in a chicken salad. I’m going to try it one day. I’m curious about how you use it in Seitan.
I've hated jackfruit every way by itself, but it's wonderful in seitan. I like the texture it adds
This recipe. I used the food processor to pulse the jackfruit till just minced, then added to a bowl with seasonings and vwg and kneaded just a bit, and let rest
I've made Gaz's brisket that was lots of steps, and this is soooo much like it, but easy!

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
Thanks! I think I saw you post that in another thread but I never liked pastrami so I didn’t look at it. This sounds/ good. If I try it I’ll probably adjust some of the seasonings. I also don’t like the flavor of smoked foods. I bet I could try jackfruit in my TikTok Seitan nuggets! I also want to try some kind mashed bean/legume at some point. I think shyvas adds beans to her seitan. I’ve been adding tofu and chickpea flour and I love the texture. I bet the jackfruit or beans would have the same effect.

Vegan rice/quinoa/bean ratatouille:

In chronological order in a big pot:

Water; red kidney and pinto beans; olive oil; onion; garlic; bell pepper; salt; whole grain basmati rice, quinoa and red lentils; tomato and eggplant cubed; ginger, pepper and green spice mix; broccoli and green onions; B12 yeast. :)

PS - all organic

• Informative
Reactions: EllieW and Emma JC
thanksgiving dinner was delicious - Gardein Turkey rolls/gravy, leftover potato made into wedges, carrot/parsnip/turnip boiled and mashed, dressing/stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce - no room for dessert and lots of dressing left over :starshower:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Happy Thanksgiving, Emma, and to all our Canadian members.

I'm not sure what I'm having tonight. I had a buffalo seitan sub with melted vegan cheese for lunch. I might have veggie spring rolls and spicy peanut Thai noodles.