Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had some spaghetti squash with marinara and meatless meatballs. I haven't had spaghetti squash in a while, I liked it. I compared the nutrition to whole grain pasta though and was pretty disappointed (Less fiber, less protein, wasn't seeing a major micronutrient advantage). I guess if I was trying to lose weight it'd be a good substitute....just a way to mix things up otherwise.

soy curls.... I went to the one store in town, yesterday, that sells soy curls and picked up another 4 packages ($25) and when I think about the fact that I used to buy meat at that same store and for $25 would have only received maybe 2 steaks and some bacon, for the same price, I am thankful, once again, that for the same money I will be able to eat many many more meals as we include the smaller pieces/crumbs in soups and my oatmeal and use the larger pieces for so many 'mains' - so good for the planet, the animals and our health

the same, of course, applies to those of you that make seitan, tofu, or use TVP and other substitutes - I feel so sorry for people that still gulp down animal flesh thinking they have to - sorry too for those sweet animals...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
  • Love
Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
A pan fried raw veggie burger with smashed potatoes/spread/Cornish sea salt.
A tossed gem lettuce salad with avocados/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
A frozen banana/raspberry/coconut milk yogurt/stevia dessert.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

I grilled a couple beyond burgers and had them with veganaise, dijon, onion, tomato, and spinach between slices of bread (dave's killer good seed).

I do the beyond brats fairly often but only had the burgers once before. They taste really good...honestly not sure I'd want them to be anymore realistic. Different flavor than the brats for sure.

No sauce?

the sauce comes from cooking all the ingredients together, including the pasta, by adding a couple of cups of veggie stock to boil it all in - hence one pot, sorry should have added that

we have been doing a lot of one pots, sometimes with noodles, sometimes with pasta, we will try do rice next

Emma JC

had a very large brunch so made a snacky supper - one package of silken soft tofu, added 1/8 cup oat milk and immersion blended it and then added a packet of Knorr roasted onion soup mix and some garlic powder, allowed to sit in fridge for a couple of hours - then had cucumber/celery/carrot sticks, breadsticks, leftover soy curls, and some potato chips for dipping in the chip dip

Emma JC

had a very large brunch so made a snacky supper - one package of silken soft tofu, added 1/8 cup oat milk and immersion blended it and then added a packet of Knorr roasted onion soup mix and some garlic powder, allowed to sit in fridge for a couple of hours - then had cucumber/celery/carrot sticks, breadsticks, leftover soy curls, and some potato chips for dipping in the chip dip

Emma JC
I just copied your recipe because it sounded so good but can't find the Knorr roasted onion soup mix anywhere. :sniff:

Reactions: Emma JC
Made a home-made pizza. Used a ready made crust, Unico pizza sauce and Violife mozza shreds. Hubby said it was good but not as good as Dominos. I said maybe but healthier and better for your prostate without the dairy products on it. He actually went back for a third slice so I guess it was a success! It smelled amazing in the oven and the Violife shreds smell and taste better than the Daiya. Still the same sticky texture when it melts though.
For dessert I used my new Ninja Creami and made light cherry pie filling into sorbet. Too "cherry" for me, but hubby liked it. I'll like the icecream I made better I think.

I just copied your recipe because it sounded so good but can't find the Knorr roasted onion soup mix anywhere. :sniff:
I always use the generic french onion dips as what I find is vegan- like Aldi brands.Lipton french onion is also vegan .
That's how I make spinach dip-with thawed chopped spinach,and I add nooch, lemon and vegan mayo to be creamier

I made enchiladas. I keep saying I'll make them savory instead of spicy, but they always end up as spicy

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I grilled a couple beyond burgers and had them with veganaise, dijon, onion, tomato, and spinach between slices of bread (dave's killer good seed).

I do the beyond brats fairly often but only had the burgers once before. They taste really good...honestly not sure I'd want them to be anymore realistic. Different flavor than the brats for sure.
Beyond has reformulated their burgers again--says 'now meatier' on the package 🙄
I don't like them anymore

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
soupy noodles - put red chili paste and miso in, then brussel sprouts, 2 green onions, 1/4 can of brown lentils, arugula, a bit of tamariu, rice vinegar, lemon juice, ramen noodles and let it overcook so the noodles were very puffy

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and EllieW
I had some Veggie Nuggets and Tater Tots done in the air fryer, along with some stir-fried rice and peas. A square of dark chocolate for dessert.

Reactions: Emma JC
it seems it was a nugget kind of day yesterday, we had Gardein Crab Cakes (I bought them by mistake thinking they were fish, will not buy them again as there are too few for the money, and although they smelled like crab they didn't really taste like anything much), with a side of herbed rice and a caesar salad

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52 and EllieW