Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

That must be annoying. I love tomatoes.
It is! I love them too and a lot of what I make is tomato/sauce based. Fresh doesn’t seem to bother me as much as cooked. I think I remember seeing somewhere that it’s usually the opposite but I’m not sure.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
It is! I love them too and a lot of what I make is tomato/sauce based. Fresh doesn’t seem to bother me as much as cooked. I think I remember seeing somewhere that it’s usually the opposite but I’m not sure.
I haven't really thought about it, but cooked tomatoes do bother me sometimes, but I've never had issues with fresh

Where's that truffle from? Looks so delicious!

Reactions: KLS52
Daydream Dessert…online. Super expensive. I tried them once and then I got a gift certificate from my daughters so that I could buy more. 😍The stuffed dates are good too.

I went over to my pal's place for cocktails (lime & gin) and nibbles. I made some marinated, smoky tofu wraps made with gem lettuce plus
spiralised cucumber, sliced avocado, grated raw beetroot, pumpkin seeds plus a sprinkle of Cornish sea salt and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses plus a dash of lime juice.

the most unhealthy day in a very long time.... the breakfast feast of bagels/sausage/just egg/cheez was bad enough and so we just had a simple fried rice for dinner and I made the mistake of making a birthday cake... Hines Spice Cake to which I added grated carrots and used a can of soda water instead of eggs/oil - a 1/4 cup of applesauce too - then slathered it with accidentally vegan Creamy Cheese frosting, Betty Crocker I think - oh my .... it was soooo sweet - I am going to cut the remainder into one inch squares and freeze them so we can have one every so often for dessert... thank goodness birthdays only come once per year!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
the most unhealthy day in a very long time.... the breakfast feast of bagels/sausage/just egg/cheez was bad enough and so we just had a simple fried rice for dinner and I made the mistake of making a birthday cake... Hines Spice Cake to which I added grated carrots and used a can of soda water instead of eggs/oil - a 1/4 cup of applesauce too - then slathered it with accidentally vegan Creamy Cheese frosting, Betty Crocker I think - oh my .... it was soooo sweet - I am going to cut the remainder into one inch squares and freeze them so we can have one every so often for dessert... thank goodness birthdays only come once per year!

Emma JC
I found out that unfortunately I like frozen cake even better than fresh. :sniff: Not icing though, I hate overly sweet stuff. Scraped the icing off since I was a kid.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I pan fried gnocchi last night instead of boiling it first.... in a bit of butter with some seasonings and then dipped it in a bit of sweet chili sauce, more like a snacky dinner with some olives and some grapes and a couple of stone wheat crackers

Emma JC

I pan fried gnocchi last night instead of boiling it first.... in a bit of butter with some seasonings and then dipped it in a bit of sweet chili sauce, more like a snacky dinner with some olives and some grapes and a couple of stone wheat crackers

Emma JC
I've airfried it before too, without boiling first. Your way sounds delicious too!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I was laying in bed at 4:30 this morning thinking about food (doesn't everybody? LOL) Not about getting up and eating it, but meal planning, recipes etc and suddenly came up with this recipe for a broccoli-cauliflower-potato cream soup and made it for supper tonight. Sauteed some onions, added a head of broccoli with the stems, cut up, a head of cauliflower, cut up, 3 white potatoes peeled and cut up, added Veggie Broth to cover the veggies, added salt, thyme, oregano, cumin, garlic powder. Simmered till tender, about 30 minutes. Added a cup of oat milk and 1/4 cup of nooch, blended with my immersion blender. It was absolutely delicious! Along with a slice of buttered sourdough rye. I have enough for all week too. Cheap, delicious and oh so healthy!

Last edited:
a crazyish dinner - took one of my favourite small bread/slab pizzas that I had in the fridge (it comes presauced) and on my half I put some leftover refried beans and some green olives and on his half just the green olives - heated it up for a few minutes in the oven and had potato chips on the side :rolleyes:

Emma JC

Hah! We're all eating the same thing. I made a pizza with a premade crust from PC. Hubby said he liked the Dominos sauce better than the Unico I used when I made one last week so I found a copycat recipe for Dominos sauce and made it. It was a really good! Topped with Violife Mozza Cheese Shreds. It was so good the whole pizza disappeared.
I then processed the icecream bases I made yesterday for the Ninja Creami but still disappointed in the results. After processing the mixture is crumbly and I have to reprocess with a little oat milk. I'm going to contact the company to see if they have an answer. Either that or they get it back!

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven