Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made a one pot/pan penne pasta again - such a great way to cook and less to wash - onion/garlic/zucchini/mushroom in a heavy bottom fry pan - sauted until cooked, added 1/2 large can of diced tomatoes, dried basil/parsley/saffron and 2 cups of veggie stock, brought to a boil and added two cups of whole wheat penne - simmered with lid of for 12-13 minutes then lid on and turned to low for another 5-7 minutes - did two Italian FieldRoast on the side and then sliced them and put them on top for another few minutes to rewarm them. It was delicious and there are leftovers!!!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: Raven and EllieW
I made a one pot/pan penne pasta again - such a great way to cook and less to wash - onion/garlic/zucchini/mushroom in a heavy bottom fry pan - sauted until cooked, added 1/2 large can of diced tomatoes, dried basil/parsley/saffron and 2 cups of veggie stock, brought to a boil and added two cups of whole wheat penne - simmered with lid of for 12-13 minutes then lid on and turned to low for another 5-7 minutes - did two Italian FieldRoast on the side and then sliced them and put them on top for another few minutes to rewarm them. It was delicious and there are leftovers!!!

Emma JC
I think I'll like this meal. So I copied it to keep it. As I do with many of your recipe hints. One question, did you drain the tomatoes or did you add the juices to the pot?

Reactions: Emma JC
A potato/ steamed yellow courgettes/avocado salad with a Dijon mustard vinaigrette/yeast flakes/ sliced air fried schnitzel.
Coconut milk yogurt/stevia.
A glass of chilled chardonnay/green olives.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
refried bean dip - onion/jalapeno sauted in olive brine with spices, some of 1/2 can of diced tomato leftover from last night, can of refried beans, olives and scooped up with tortilla chips

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: EllieW
Simple day today, too busy to cook. 1/2 a cinnamon-raisin bagel with Peanut butter for breakfast; leftover chili and toast for lunch; 1/2 pouch of Uncle Ben's Southwest Style Brown Rice & Black Beans for supper. Will have a clementine for dessert. I had a sourdough rye-hummus-tomato-cucumber sandwich for an afternoon snack too.

Ww organic rustic tagliatelle & courgetti (from the farm) with pesto made with organic basil (grown in a pot) evo/garlic flakes/Violife/ground almonds with extra melted Violife.
A wedge of melon and a coconut milk yogurt/stevia.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
A potato & cauliflower salad (room temperature) with Dijon mustard vinaigrette/yeast flakes/smoked Cornish sea salt with
Green Cuisine veggie nuggets.
I'll have a brownie later on.

Yve's seems very popular. I remember being served something from this brand when I was in BC but wasn't too keen on the taste.:)

they are softer than Gardein, which is why I like them - I find Gardein's too compact and the sauce doesn't penetrate as easily

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
they are softer than Gardein, which is why I like them - I find Gardein's too compact and the sauce doesn't penetrate as easily

Emma JC
I used them in my Sweet and Sour meatballs the other day and did find them a bit soft too. I thought maybe I'd airfry them first next time. But I may try Gardein. I see the Gardein stuff is 2/$9 at the moment at Walmart so was going to try some of their items out. Sending hubby over tomorrow for some of it.

I like the “soft” faux meats. Quorn is my favorite because I love the texture but it’s hard to find the vegan ones here. Sometimes I find the spicy patties and tenders which are vegan. But I love the crumbles and they’re not vegan here. Admittedly I do buy them occasionally if stock is low on the vegan products.
I find the Gardein and Boca crumbles to be hard and chewy. I do like the Boca chicken patties, thankfully, and those are vegan.
Maybe I should try yves if I ever see them.

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I bought some lovely oyster mushrooms yesterday. I couldn't resist them when I saw how nice they looked in the box. Often they get torn and don't come in such beautiful clusters. I think tonight I will make a mushroom masala. I've been craving curry for a while.

we had some fresh corn on the cob but not enough to make a meal out of them so I used them in couscous - put in the fresh corn, chick peas, cherry tomatoes, green onions, olives, cucumber and made a quick tahini sauce to top it off

Emma JC