Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

A ww couscous salad with vegetables ; mini and small tomatoes from the garden, cucumbers, shredded gem lettuce,roasted red peppers, leftover spicy tofu, fresh herbs ; coriander/parsley/basil/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
A few crisps.
A glass of chardonnay

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I have a couple friends coming over for a backyard barbecue this afternoon, weather permitting, but it looks like a go. Sadly for them, none of them are vegans, but they're still friends, nonetheless. I will say this, I've been invited to their places, and they all take great consideration of my vegan requirements. That said, it doesn't mean I'm going to feed them meat, because they're meat eaters. However, I do wish to impress them with my vegan cuisine. Here's what I'm planning.

So to start, a cool refreshing watermelon lemonade beverage to welcome my guests (vodka optional).

For an appetizer I am making a black bean hummus, with homemade flatbread, which I will make in front of them, and tortilla chips & and salsa for those that can't wait.

So for a main course I will give a choice of BBQ oyster mushrooms or grilled Impossible meatballs. The meatballs are Greek style, served with my homemade tzatziki. For the sides, I am making Dijon red potato salad, fresh fennel and kale coleslaw, corn on the cob, and some homemade pickled beets that I bought at the farm market.

I'm still working on dessert, but it will likely be an afterthought after all this food. I'll probably make a quick apple crumble out of my backyard apples. Either that or roasted apples, served with some vegan ice cream.

So it's going to be a busy day in my kitchen :chef:

I have a couple friends coming over for a backyard barbecue this afternoon, weather permitting, but it looks like a go. Sadly for them, none of them are vegans, but they're still friends, nonetheless. I will say this, I've been invited to their places, and they all take great consideration of my vegan requirements. That said, it doesn't mean I'm going to feed them meat, because they're meat eaters. However, I do wish to impress them with my vegan cuisine. Here's what I'm planning.

So to start, a cool refreshing watermelon lemonade beverage to welcome my guests (vodka optional).

For an appetizer I am making a black bean hummus, with homemade flatbread, which I will make in front of them, and tortilla chips & and salsa for those that can't wait.

So for a main course I will give a choice of BBQ oyster mushrooms or grilled Impossible meatballs. The meatballs are Greek style, served with my homemade tzatziki. For the sides, I am making Dijon red potato salad, fresh fennel and kale coleslaw, corn on the cob, and some homemade pickled beets that I bought at the farm market.

I'm still working on dessert, but it will likely be an afterthought after all this food. I'll probably make a quick apple crumble out of my backyard apples. Either that or roasted apples, served with some vegan ice cream.

So it's going to be a busy day in my kitchen :chef:

I vote for the apple crumble. :D

Chickpea pasta (spirals) with pesto.
A tossed gem lettuce salad/vinaigrette/yeast flakes/pumpkin seeds.
A juicy mango.
A few squares of chocolate fudge cake.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I am going to have a black bean burger with tomatoes, mustard and ketchup. Because of the storm, I've taken the burger out of the freezer and put it in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack and small containers of ketchup and mustard. My mom gave me tomatoes from her plant, so I can slice one up and put some on the burger. Luckily, I have a gas stove, which I can light manually if the power goes out. I figured it's best to be prepared in case the power goes out because I won't want to open the freezer if that happens.

I'm making patties with 2 cups hydrated soy curl crumbs, 2 cups brown rice, flax, no chik'n boullion, sage, and some chili oil, and 1/4 cup gluten, whizzed in the food processor, made patties and in the oven.
I really love this recipe!
Chili oil is so much better than just chili flakes and oil :shrug: