Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had mashed potatoes mixed with red cabbage and apples (it's a Dutch thing), marinated bean salad and a piece of rye toast with vegan butter.

Reactions: Emma JC
I had rehydrated soy curl crumbs with the idea of having with a cream sauce, and spinach, over toast. I realized I had a jar marinara in the fridge, so I made spaghetti with them, peppers,onions and mushrooms instead.I guess that's bolongnese :shrug:? I did not enjoy it! :down:

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I made a huge batch of TikTok Seitan nuggets. I’ll be eating good for at least four days. I made some with sweet chili sauce then I air fried the rest. I need to find alternative sauces.

I'm going to have a Beyond Burger on a roll with tomatoes, mustard, ketchup and onions plus a side of steamed green beans.
Have you had the newest Beyond burger--that says "now meatier" on the package?
I was really disappointed

I had the spaghetti I made yesterday with the soy curl crumbs. Of course it's better, pasta is always better next day! I'm back to eating like I did as omni--vegan cheese making everything better :ignore:
Really though, I'm eating FYH slices, Daiya blocks and now even Violife mozz shreds as much as I did when I ate dairy cheese.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
Have you had the newest Beyond burger--that says "now meatier" on the package?
I was really disappointed

I had the spaghetti I made yesterday with the soy curl crumbs. Of course it's better, pasta is always better next day! I'm back to eating like I did as omni--vegan cheese making everything better :ignore:
Really though, I'm eating FYH slices, Daiya blocks and now even Violife mozz shreds as much as I did when I ate dairy cheese.
Hmm, I don't know whether it said "now meatier" on the package. I got mine from Costco, and they were still delicious.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieW
It's going to rain here today, and I'm in the mood for rainy day comfort food. I'm going to make an epic Mac & Cheeze for dinner tonight. No big secret to my recipe. I make it much like a traditional Mac & Cheese, starting with a velvety smooth cheeze sauce, that I make from scratch. I've been really liking Violife cheddar for this recipe. I will probably use a combination of Violife and Parmela. Then....I will top it with a seasoned breadcrumb and nooch gratin and bake it.

It's going to rain here today, and I'm in the mood for rainy day comfort food. I'm going to make an epic Mac & Cheeze for dinner tonight. No big secret to my recipe. I make it much like a traditional Mac & Cheese, starting with a velvety smooth cheeze sauce, that I make from scratch. I've been really liking Violife cheddar for this recipe. I will probably use a combination of Violife and Parmela. Then....I will top it with a seasoned breadcrumb and nooch gratin and bake it.

Exactly what I'm making for lunch today! Mac n Cheez with a Béchamel sauce with Violife Cheddar Shreds and oat milk. I've tried Daiya for this recipe and it's not as good. So I'm happy with Violife for most things now. I'll make a double recipe and throw one in the freezer.

I'm just thrilled to hear you are getting rain!!

Last night I had another soupy noodle mix with all the usual suspects, brussel sprouts, wakame, soy curls etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Gardein chicken burritos - great thing!!! when I opened the package there were 7 chicken fillets instead of the usual 6 - red pepper/onion/jalapeno sauted and inside the wrap with a bit of cheez - on top salsa, cheez, pica and arugula

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and EllieW