Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
mostly unhealthy meal of the century.... that's what we had last night - A&W now has Beyond Meat Chicken Nuggets and as I do like to be supportive of them carrying a plant-based option I decided to pick some up for dinner - of course, I also picked up onion rings and fries too.... the nuggets themselves were good and if I was traveling and had no other options I would buy them again - it was the combo of all the deep fried fast foods that is so so awful and I am happy to have it done and over with and it won't happen again for a loooonnnngggg time

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
Reactions: Raven and EllieW

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
mostly unhealthy meal of the century.... that's what we had last night - A&W now has Beyond Meat Chicken Nuggets and as I do like to be supportive of them carrying a plant-based option I decided to pick some up for dinner - of course, I also picked up onion rings and fries too.... the nuggets themselves were good and if I was traveling and had no other options I would buy them again - it was the combo of all the deep fried fast foods that is so so awful and I am happy to have it done and over with and it won't happen again for a loooonnnngggg time

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I haven't been to an A&W in ages! And I didn't even know Beyond had chicken nuggets! I'll have to check whether the one I pass on my way to Rhode Island has them. I would try them for sure.

Re: the fried foods. I get like that sometimes, but then when I grease out too much, I remember why I don't do it very often, haha!

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ordering take out from my favorite Thai restaurant! They have the only vegan pad Thai I like-and I love it! So much flavor I can't match
They also make crazy noodles, which I guess are like drunken noodles? but that's something I think I figure out myself.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Filled my Instant Pot with carrots, celery, onion, potato, garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary and half a cup red lentils, one cup brown lentils, 6 cups water and parve chik flavor boullion cubes
Keeping it mild in hopes other son eats it. Omnivores and their low potassium levels 🙄

Made soft pretzels

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I tried Field Roast Buffalo Wings. While the chick'n nuggets were pretty good, the sauce was not good IMHO. Way too spicy for me and I didn't care for the flavor. I just used a BBQ sauce I had instead.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Okay, this was last night's menu, but it was sure tasty. I made the best tofu stir-fry ever. I sliced the tofu into little rectangles, which make it easier to fry crispy on both sides. I also used a pre-pressed extra firm tofu, which seemed much better. The end result was a really nice texture on the tofu, which then absorbed all the flavours of the stir-fry a lot better. The fried tofu was so tasty I was munching it before it hit the stir-fry.

I just used a potato starch coating for that crispy texture, but I did make sure to season the coating well, so the tofu was flavorful all by itself, which is why I kept eating it before it hit the stir-fry. lol

Anyhow, it was an Asian inspired stir-fry with bell peppers, red onion, and Chinese eggplant. The sauce was very simple, with some regular soy, dark soy, maple syrup, a tiny bit of toasted sesame oil, a bit rice vinegar and some sriracha for heat. I also put a little 5-spice in the stir-fry.

**EDIT: A wee edit...I used a substantial amount of fresh garlic and ginger. I couldn't leave that out :chef: