Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A buddha bowl ; tofu bake/tomatoes/avocados/cucumbers/black Greek olives/gem lettuce/ww couscous/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Blueberries & Alpro soya yogurt/stevia.
A G&T
Yes, please! Along with the buddha bowl. :D I just had a vodka with lemonade. Today was a trying day/night, and a cocktail was in order.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
A one pot ww organic gnocchetti sardi pasta/vegetable/soya chunk stew with various herbs/spices/red wine/passata served with melted Nurishh Cheddar style (nothing like the real thing) cheese plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes/drizzle of evo/fresh basil.
Grapes.
A G & T.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
We're going to have Beyond Burgers for supper on a bun with mayo, mustard, dill relish, onion slivers and sliced tomato.
Did you notice if the package said "now meatier"? and if so, what you think?

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
I have paint on my hands, a cluttered counter, so I threw in some frozen samosoas and fries. I think I need to go to that Indian grocery more. The man who runs it was at a different one I didn't care for, and he's very nice and helpful, and his store is ssoooooo clean!
There is a new Indian restaurant that's about to open, just a small take out. Looking forward to trying something different!

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
No the package didn't say that and it tasted like before. I quite like them and really hope they don't change them.
I loved Beyond Burgers, but the last pack was very different, and I didn't care for them,taste and texture was just a bit off from before--more Impossible. The package said "meatier". I haven't seen any of the old batch. I don't like Impossible. I tried Morningstar Incogmeato burgers and those were really yuck to me! They really are going for the meat crowd, and if they win them over, it's a win for me! I don't need them anyway

I do need the Beyond sausage, oh please oh please don't change those o_O

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I loved Beyond Burgers, but the last pack was very different, and I didn't care for them,taste and texture was just a bit off from before--more Impossible. The package said "meatier". I haven't seen any of the old batch. I don't like Impossible. I tried Morningstar Incogmeato burgers and those were really yuck to me! They really are going for the meat crowd, and if they win them over, it's a win for me! I don't need them anyway

I hope they don't become more like Impossible, either, as I much prefer Beyond Burgers. I'm thinking maybe I should get the ground Beyond to make the burgers nice and thick. Impossible's are thin, like a fast-food burger. I prefer the thicker ones.

Tonight I am having buffalo seitan wings. The seitan is in the oven and is almost done.

EllieW

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

I'm really trying to find Beyond Sausage Brats but no luck so far. I've tried the Italian but don't like Italian sausage to begin with so didn't like those. I sent hubby to the store for a sale on Beyond Beef and he came back with Impossible beef so I guess I'll have to try it out. I was disappointed but figured we'd try it out in my spaghetti sauce.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I think I liked Impossible better than Beyond but it’s been over two years, I think, since I’ve had either. So now I can’t remember. I only had the Impossible once. I think I just don’t miss “hamburger” so it doesn’t really matter. I really like chick’n patties and make them with my own special sauce, lettuce, cheez, pickles, onions on a sesame seed (or plain) bun. 😁

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
took some of my iPot potatoes from the fridge and made a FieldRoast Apple Sage hash - onions, garlic, jalapeno, sweet red pepper, lots of spices - did the potatoes in some butter, then did the sausages and then put it all together - had a side of breakfast beans - breakfast for dinner, my fav

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
A warm potato (from the farm) & cauliflower salad with Dijon vinaigrette made with cider vinegar/part virgin rapseed oil/evo, sliced peeled plum tomatoes from the farm with fresh basil/black Greek olives and a slice of tofu bake plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
Raspberries & sliced bananas with coconut milk yogurt/stevia/chia seeds.
A G & T