Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

wraps night for us as well - whole wheat tortillas

in a small pot I put an onion and a small jalapeno and some spices and jarred jalapeno brine until soft and then added a can of refried beans

in a small frying pan I put some sweet peppers and jalapeno peppers and spices until soft

pico - green onions in lime juice, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olive

spicy salsa - spun up in the whizzer with a bit of water added to make a type of taco sauce

assemble... refried bean mix, Violife cheez shreds, peppers on the inside of 2 wraps each - spread salsa sauce and cheez on top and pop into microwave for 3 minutes, spread pico across the top - - - - then devour

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Since the weather has more of a Fall feel now, I'm making meetloaf for tonight's dinner menu. Yes, I spelled it incorrectly, but on purpose. I stole the meet-less idea from a local vegan restaurant here called Meet. So rather than call it something it's not, meetloaf seemed fitting.

The loaf is going to be a combination of mashed up chickpeas, green lentils and a package of Beyond ground, along with the usual veggies and seasonings. For the sauce, a mushroom gravy from scratch. Garlic mashed potatoes is a must for this one! Mmmm good!

I love making vegan meetloaf, but I must admit, it comes out slightly different every time. Not that it's ever bad, but since I rarely use recipes, the loaf does vary in texture and flavour, slightly. I know many people don't think of meetloaf as comfort food, but that is exactly what it is for me, especially with a nice comforting mushroom gravy.

Since the weather has more of a Fall feel now, I'm making meetloaf for tonight's dinner menu. Yes, I spelled it incorrectly, but on purpose. I stole the meet-less idea from a local vegan restaurant here called Meet. So rather than call it something it's not, meetloaf seemed fitting.

The loaf is going to be a combination of mashed up chickpeas, green lentils and a package of Beyond ground, along with the usual veggies and seasonings. For the sauce, a mushroom gravy from scratch. Garlic mashed potatoes is a must for this one! Mmmm good!

I love making vegan meetloaf, but I must admit, it comes out slightly different every time. Not that it's ever bad, but since I rarely use recipes, the loaf does vary in texture and flavour, slightly. I know many people don't think of meetloaf as comfort food, but that is exactly what it is for me, especially with a nice comforting mushroom gravy.
To me meatloaf is high on the comfort foods list--and goes up with gravy! I thought that was a common idea
I haven't been that fond of meatless loaves as they've been too mushy, but Engine 2 has a good one with tofu. I've kept meatless grounds for other things.

Here's a Beyond Meat coupon good through Sept-

Peanut noodles tonight!

Last night's leftovers:

A buckwheat & yellow lentil/pea risotto plus a drizzle of evo/yeast flakes/Nurishh grated cheese.
Green Cuisine af nuggets.
A lamb's lettuce salad with vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Coconut milk yogurt with mango puree/stevia.

Reactions: Emma JC
A plateful of mashed potatoes with red cabbage, a bowlful of buttered corn niblets and 2 oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies.

Reactions: Emma JC
we had a massive brunch which included a lot of potatoes, red pepper, mushrooms, onion, breakfast beans, Just Egg patty and a bagel so for supper we had a lot of cucumber dipped in hummus with skinny bread sticks, a couple of olives and a few capers and cherry tomatoes and a few Kettle chips

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: Tom L. and EllieW
Af Green Cuisine nuggets, boiled potatoes with evo, grated carrots, black Greek olives, sliced avocado, red roast peppers/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Coconut milk yogurt/stevia
Seedless white grapes.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW