Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Used Trader Joes Soyaki on soy curls with onions and peppers, over rice.
Really gives a generic take out taste :rofl:
...it was good :yum, but if I paid for take out it wouldn't be!

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
homemade Chick Pea Masala on rice

large onion sauted, added tablespoon of masala spices, small can of coconut milk, some extra cashew milk, can of chick peas and then added some leftover spag sauce to make it tomatoey

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: EllieW
Raw vegetables ( grated carrots, peeled sliced tomatoes, avocado/vinaigrette/yeast flakes) and a couple of Swedish multi seed crisp breads with Violife cream cheese plus a sprinkle of chia seeds.
B & J's vegan coconut/caramel ice cream.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
Chickpea salad on lettuce boats. A cup of red lentil soup. No dessert. I may have half a protein shake 30 minutes before bed. I’m finding I’m sleeping better when I have a bedtime snack. I just have to make sure it’s something that won’t cause reflux. The shake has been good or sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter on a slice of whole grain bread.

I'm still looking for perogies without cheese in them.

in Loblaws or equivalent, in the freezer section close to the ice cream - they have a couple of different flavours that are cheese free

20650310011_front_a06_@2.png

Emma JC

in Loblaws or equivalent, in the freezer section close to the ice cream

Emma JC
Oh wow, thanks. I'll send hubby for some tomorrow! I love perogies. I'll have him pick up another PC Plant Based sour cream too, since I used all mine up making the dip. But that dip might be good on them too. Mmmmm. I think so!

Reactions: Emma JC
another great dressing for perogies or burrito bowls etc is High Carb Hannah's - hemp dressing

Hemp Ranch Dressing Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup hemp seeds
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp agave nectar
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tsp dill
It is tasty and simple and the main reason I always have hemp hearts/seed in the fridge and I use maple syrup not agave. Just spin it up in a bullet and it makes everything it touches taste amazing.

Emma JC

in Loblaws or equivalent, in the freezer section close to the ice cream - they have a couple of different flavours that are cheese free

Emma JC
I just checked the local stores that have websites. The only place I found Pelmen's was Sobeys and they don't have that one but they do have Pelmen's Cherry Perogies and also blueberry ones. I may try that. Sobeys also has their Compliments Brand in a potato and onion with no dairy and it's cheap. Plus they have Farm Boy Potato with Fried Onions Perogies. So I'm going to try them all. What a taste test that will be. LOL

I have some chili cooking in the IP so I made a veggie sandwich on pumpernickel. Mushrooms onions and peppers with FYH smoked gouda. Should have sauteed veggies more a they were still kinda crisp. I seem to always mess up that sort of sandwich :dismay:

refried bean dip - can of refried beans, large onion, half sweet red pepper, large jalapeno, zucchini, olives, salsa, spices - in small casserole with lid in oven at 350F until it bubbles, some cheez on top and hot sauce, scooped up with w/w pitas

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
Steamed courgettes, potatoes and slice raw peeled tomatoes from the local farm with evo/yeast flakes/Cornish sea salt.
A Swedish crisp bread with Violife slice (plastic tasting) cheese.
Apple puree with coconut milk yogurt/stevia.

A small dish of marinated bean salad. A sandwich of sourdough rye, Violife mature cheddar slice, Yves veggie salami, mayo and mustard.

Made spicy peanut noodles in the IP, this time added thinly sliced cabbage. Super, super good!
I had spicy peanut noodles for dinner tonight! i hadn't made the peanut sauce in ages. It was so good! I also had veggie spring rolls in dipping sauce made with sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar and a little oil. Tasty!

refried bean dip - can of refried beans, large onion, half sweet red pepper, large jalapeno, zucchini, olives, salsa, spices - in small casserole with lid in oven at 350F until it bubbles, some cheez on top and hot sauce, scooped up with w/w pitas

Emma JC
Yum! That sounds delicious!

• Agree
Reactions: EllieW and Emma JC
sauted carrots (have a lot of them as a 10 lb bag was just $2 the other day), steamed broccoli, gnocchi, Gardein beef tips and Yves meatballs fryed up together with a bit of sweet chili sauce and BBQ sauce on them and then mixed in the gnocchi once it was cooked

Emma JC

Reactions: EllieW